The irritating effect of the excess amount of hydrochloric acid produced by the stomach, as well as the reproduction of bacterial microorganisms such as Helicobacter Pylori, cause the development of ulcerative pathologies. The most common disease is a duodenal ulcer. Symptoms and treatment of this pathology have their own characteristics.
We find out the causes of the disease
Before we consider the characteristic symptoms of duodenal ulcerative pathology, let's see what this disease is and why it occurs. According to the anatomical structure of the digestive tract, the duodenum has a three-layer coating:
With the development of ulcerative processes, the integrity of the first two layers is disturbed, as a result of which a person experiences pain of different intensity. According to statistics, approximately 10% of the population of our vast planet suffers from such pathology. There are a number of reasons for the development of ulcerative processes in the duodenum, in particular:
- violation of hormonal concentration, namely the hormone gastrin;
- the reproduction of bacterial microorganisms of the genus Helicobacter pylori;
- smoking and alcohol abuse;
- taking a number of pharmacological drugs;
- excessive exposure to hydrochloric acid produced by the stomach.
Soviet scientists believed that a blood group could also trigger a duodenal ulcer. The attending specialists of that time were of the opinion that the risk category for the disease for such an illness includes people who have the first blood group with a positive Rh factor.
How to recognize the disease?
A duodenal ulcer has specific symptoms. In addition to the characteristic symptoms, a person may experience weakness, general malaise, sleep disturbance. Often this disease develops hidden, and therefore it is extremely difficult to detect it in the early stages. Methods of diagnosis, features of treatment and diet, we will look at later, but for now let's take a closer look at the characteristic symptoms.
So, the duodenal ulcer has the following symptoms:
- Pain in the epigastric zone. Pain can be of a different nature and intensity. They are often called hungry. Patients sometimes complain that pain occurs after eating.
- Sitophobia. If a person develops an acute ulcer in the acute phase, then he may be afraid to eat. This is primarily due to increased pain after food has entered the esophagus.
- Heartburn is considered one of their characteristic symptoms. It appears as a result of increased acidity.
- Nausea and gag reflexes. This symptom does not always appear. If a duodenal ulcer provoked the development of pathologies of the pancreas or gall bladder, then the vomit will contain bile contamination.
- Disturbed appetite. With the development of ulcerative pathology, a person may refuse to eat at all or, on the contrary, constantly feel the feeling of hunger.
Initially, ulcerative processes in the duodenum proceed hidden. You must go to the hospital if in the mornings you constantly feel sucking pains in the epigastric part, discomfort after eating.
Ulcerative processes in the intestinal bulb: characteristic symptoms
The intestine originates from a spherical organ, which is called the duodenal bulb. As medical practice shows, most often the ulcerative processes take place in the bulb. This cavity is located close to the stomach and is most susceptible to the negative effects of excess hydrochloric acid. In addition, the bulb cavity is considered an excellent breeding ground for bacterial microorganisms.
Most often, duodenal ulcer ulcer develops in young people who do not possess psycho-emotional stability. Stressful situations, malnutrition and dysfunction of the digestive tract can lead to the appearance of such a disease. The symptoms of ulcerative processes in the duodenal bulb have their own characteristics. The treatment of this disease will also be complex and therapeutic. Specialists resort to surgical treatment methods only in case of perforation of the intestinal walls.
So, the ulcer of the duodenal bulb is characterized by the following symptoms:-
- aching pain syndromes, paroxysmal in nature and manifested in the upper parts of the digestive tract;
- constant feeling of heaviness or emptiness in the epigastric region;
- pain syndromes after a night's sleep, accompanied by bouts of heartburn and belching;
- a sharp decrease in weight category;
- constant heartburn, which grows into severe burning pains over time.
We treat the disease correctly
You don’t need to try to cure a duodenal ulcer or its bulbs. With the appearance of primary symptoms it is necessary to undergo a comprehensive examination. Improper treatment or lack thereof can lead to the development of complicated consequences, such as scar formation, perforation of the intestinal walls, etc.
As a rule, the treatment of ulcerative processes developing in the duodenum depends on the cause of the disease. In the presence of bacterial organisms, the patient is prescribed pharmacological agents from the group of antibiotics. The doctor may prescribe one of the following drugs:
- "Clarithromycin" and others.
As already mentioned, therapeutic treatment of ulcers is always complex, therefore, along with antibiotic agents, the patient is advised to take pharmacological drugs that have anti-inflammatory effects. With excessive production of hydrochloric acid by the stomach, as well as to eliminate inflammation, the following medications can be prescribed:
- "Omeprazole", etc.
Also for the treatment of ulcers are prescribed drugs that accelerate the healing of damaged mucous coating, for example, "Almagel". In addition to taking pharmacological agents, the patient during the treatment of ulcers of the bulb or the duodenum itself must follow the diet prescribed by a specialist.
The diet is based on the following aspects:
- need to give up smoking on an empty stomach;
- meals should be fractional;
- The optimum temperature of food is 36-37 °;
- It is forbidden to eat dry, cold, spicy foods, as well as alcohol;
- preference should be given to food, steamed, as well as dishes in the form of mashed potatoes;
- about spicy, spicy, fried dishes should be forgotten at the time of treatment;
- from fruit it is allowed to eat only bananas and watermelon pulp;
- depending on the degree of development of the pathology, it is allowed to drink milk.
Look in the green first-aid kit
As you know, lately phytotherapy has become very popular. In this regard, many people are interested in the peculiarities of treatment with folk remedies of duodenal ulcer.
Do not forget that only complex treatment can be effective. Before using these or other means of traditional medicine, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
In the fight against ulcer of the bulb or the duodenum itself, the following means are used:
- potato juice;
- St. John's wort;
- plantain leaves;
- sea buckthorn oil extract, etc.
Potato juice is recognized as an effective tool in the treatment of ulcerative processes. It must always be taken fresh and at least three times a day.
Any ulcerative processes not only cause pain and discomfort, but can also lead to the development of a number of health-related consequences. When the primary symptoms appear, a comprehensive examination is necessary. Do not forget that the path to recovery depends on you, or rather, on the implementation of all doctor's orders and diet. Be healthy!