Salted fish is a type of snack that can be present on your table all year round. Moreover, the human body should regularly receive the nutrients contained in fish.
In fatty varieties, such as mackerel, for example, a large amount of essential Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids is contained. Substances that the body does not produce independently, but really need them for the normal course of many metabolic processes. In addition, it has the necessary vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. The benefits of this product are beyond doubt:
- stimulation of brain activity (brain and spinal cord);
- increased immune barrier;
- participation in the cardiovascular system;
- improvement of skin and hair;
- mandatory use for pregnant and lactating women, children in the period of active growth.
Choose the right fish for salting
On the shelves of grocery stores today you can easily find mackerel of different salting. As, however, and fresh-frozen, frozen. Thus, each housewife can easily pickle fresh-frozen mackerel at home according to her own recipe.
Fresh-frozen mackerel is sold in the fish departments of stores in the form of gutted or non-gutted carcasses. Note that there is a difference between fresh-frozen and frozen fish. In the first case, the freezing process occurs quickly, in a matter of minutes after catching or cleaning. Actually, the fish are subjected to freezing almost alive. As a result, it is possible to preserve the freshness of the product.
Fresh-frozen mackerel has several characteristic external differences:
- silver-gray carcass shade;
- pink or reddish gills;
- no defects and damages;
- carcass whole and even, hard, but not "stone";
- there is no frost;
- the smell of fish is fresh, as if just caught.
Delicious salted homemade fish
You chose the right fish. How to pickle fresh-frozen mackerel at home delicious? Here are some recipes. But first, the fish should be defrosted, cleaned from the entrails, trim the fins, wash. For the convenience of salting, it is better to cut the carcass into pieces (1 carcass - 2-3 pieces). Small fish can pickle whole, though, for the sagging it will take more time.-
Quick dry ambassador:
- in a bowl, mix salt, sugar (3 tbsp. l.), a little ground black pepper;
- rub each piece of mackerel with the prepared mixture;
- processed fish is placed in a container for salting, compact, but not tight;
- stand 2 days in the fridge.
Quick Ambassador in brine:
- 1 liter of water
- 3-5 Art. l salt,
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara,
- mustard powder (1 tbsp. l.),
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- on several peas of fragrant and black pepper,
- 3 cloves,
- heels of bay leaves.
- we combine all this in a saucepan, set on fire, bring to a boil;
- remove the brine from the heat, let it cool;
- pieces of fish laid in a container for salting;
- with the cooled brine pour mackerel;
- put in the fridge for 3 days;
- It is recommended from time to time to turn the pieces on the other side to ensure the uniformity of the glaze.
Ambassador in marinade:
The composition of the marinade is approximately the same as that of brine, only here we add 2 tbsp. l table vinegar. By the way, the amount of bulk ingredients may vary, depending on your taste preferences;
- first boil the brine for 5 minutes, then add vinegar;
- put the pieces into the container with cooled marinade and at least a day in the fridge;
- when serving, decorate with onion rings or chopped green onions.
Do you want your salted mackerel look more appetizing? Golden shade, as if she smoked? Then make a tea pickle.
- salt and sugar go to the brine (4 tablespoons),
- 4 tbsp. l black tea
- 1 liter of boiling water;
- brew tea first;
- then add salt and sugar;
- with the cooled brine pour mackerel;
- soak in the refrigerator for three days.
So here it is very easy, quickly and cheaply, you can make fresh-frozen homemade salted mackerel. The tender pulp is well separated from the bone and skin. You just can not resist the same eating. Permanent satellites of salted fish on the table - boiled potatoes in any form, green onions and other greens, fresh vegetables, a crust of rye bread.