In anticipation of the appearance of the long-awaited child, parents buy a lot of children's things, which are necessary and not very much. One of these items is a bathing circle for newborns. How many months does it use? Is it really necessary? Is the circle harmful to the immature baby spine? Let's understand these issues gradually.
Circle for bathing babies. From what age is it used?
Manufacturers of children's circles recommend using their products from the first days of an infant's life. However, is this true? In fact, it is impossible to use the circle from the very birth of a child for the simple reason that doctors generally do not recommend bathing an infant until the pupochis heals.
Pediatric pediatricians believe that the optimal age for using the circle is 1-2 months from birth. By this time, the baby is already independently able to keep the head, the navel has healed, and the baby has adapted to the environment and has become accustomed to water procedures.
As soon as you notice that your child has become cramped in a circle, his head is badly penetrating, and the child is naughty - it's time to buy a new one. Get a larger circle or teach your child to swim independently.
Before embarking on a bath with a circle, familiarize the infant with the new device so as not to inadvertently scare him. Show your baby a circle, let him touch it and taste a little. After the child is familiar with the new toy, you can begin to swim.
In order for bathing to become a pleasant procedure for parents, and the child perceives everything as an exciting game and feel comfortable in such a device, it is important to know and follow the simplest safety measures and rules for using the inflatable circle for newborns:
- Since air tends to expand when heated, do not pump up the circle chamber too much.
- The inflated circle is worn and removed not in the water. It is best to put on a circle together and slowly, so as not to frighten the child.
- When buying a circle, make sure that the product is made of safe materials.
- When choosing a lap for bathing, give preference to such models in which the technology of internal seam is used in the manufacture. Due to the fact that all the joints of rubber are inside the product, the tender neck and the skin of the baby is not exposed to mechanical stress.
- To ensure that the child’s head is securely fixed, make sure that the baby’s chin is in a special notch of the circle.
- After you have inflated a circle, be sure to press the valves inside the product, because the baby may accidentally open them.
Bathing a newborn is best in a large bath. The time of water procedures should be from 15 to 30 minutes, but if your child is capricious, remove him from the bath and remove the circle. It is possible that the baby is just tired.
For older children, you can use an inflatable circle in swimming pools or open ponds. However, to avoid unforeseen situations, it is better if one of the parents supports the baby under the ass. In no case can not leave a child unattended!
Circle for bathing newborns: reviews of doctors
Pediatricians not only speak positively about the bathing circle for newborns, but also strongly recommend purchasing this amazing device.
Bathing a newborn with a circle has several advantages:
- improves muscle tone, strengthens the baby’s cervical and dorsal vertebrae;
- helps the child to develop more actively and faster;
- improves blood circulation and contributes to the acceleration of metabolic processes in the body of an infant;
- develops the child's immunity, helps with hardening and strengthening the body;
- supplies oxygen to vital organs: the heart and brain.
Doctors advise to carry out water procedures half an hour after the evening feeding, and after a session of bathing put the baby to sleep. Active floundering in the circle will ensure a peaceful sleep, not only for the baby, but also for the parents. Especially if you make the water in the bath a little cooler than usual, it will be enough for 1 degree less. Cool water makes the baby move more actively, therefore, wasting more energy and sleeping better.
Also, pediatricians claim that the kids, who from early childhood were engaged in active aquatic physical culture, begin to crawl, sit and walk before their peers.
Despite the complete safety of the circle for newborns and good reviews from parents, doctors do not recommend using it in such cases:
- in case of infectious diseases, it is absolutely impossible to bathe a child both in the circle and without it;
- during the recovery period after severe labor and in the presence of postpartum injury to the child;
- children with congenital and genetic defects;
- with skin diseases, as well as hereditary epidermolysis bullosa.
In all other cases, bathing with a circle for newborns is allowed and encouraged.
Circle for bathing the baby - a must and a necessary thing. It not only has a beneficial effect on the baby’s body and is completely harmless, but also helps make life easier for parents. After all, with the use of a circle there is no need for a long time to be in an uncomfortable position to keep the baby afloat. Now the child can swim and swim independently. And most importantly - such a physical education for children is just to their liking.