Germany is a country in which the European standard of living is very pronounced, and it is located relatively close to Russia. That is why every year millions of tourists, our compatriots, visit this country. There really is something to see. In addition, fans of shopping will also like it in Germany, because leaving the country without shopping will not work.
How to get to Germany?
Germany can be reached in one of the following ways.
- By plane. The fastest way to existing. Only three hours - and you are already in Berlin.
- By train Direct branded trains go to Germany, which will comfortably take you to Europe. Time spent on the road will be about a day. More exact time depends on the train route, the number of stops on the way and time spent at customs.
- By bus. The least comfortable way to get to Germany. Even despite the fact that the buses are made with maximum comfort, still stay en route in a sitting position for 32 hours!
Customs in Germany
- Cash can be imported and exported in unlimited quantities. However, amounts exceeding 15,000 euro must be entered in the declaration.
- With regard to tobacco products, the following rules apply: it is allowed to import 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 200 g of tobacco.
- There are restrictions on the importation of alcoholic beverages. One person can take with him no more than 1 liter of strong alcoholic beverages (over 22 degrees of strength), not more than 2 liters of alcoholic beverages of less than 22 degrees strength or 2 liters of sparkling wines.
- Medicines are allowed to import in reasonable quantities, calculated on the personal use of one person.
- Strictly prohibited in various poisons, weapons, drugs and all kinds of psychotropic substances.
- It is forbidden to export fuel from the country. If you travel by car, you can have up to 10 liters of fuel in your spare canister.
- Limited to import dogs into the country. Strictly prohibited to import dogs fighting breeds. The only exceptions are dogs that are guides, or a foreigner drives in with the dog for a short time. In all other cases, when entering a country with a dog, it is necessary:
- get a veterinary certificate number 1, and it must be issued 2-3 days before the intended trip;
- in a veterinary clinic, a microchip should be inserted under the skin of the dog;
- receive a certificate stating that when leaving Russia the dog will not cause damage to domestic dog breeding. For decorative and non-dog breeds, such a certificate can be obtained from the Club of the Federation of Amateur Dog Breeding;
- On the day of the trip, an international veterinary certificate should be noted on the results of the inspection of the animal. Such an inspection is carried out at the border control veterinary station.
Currency in Germany
The official currency of Germany is Euro. 1 euro = 100 cents = 43 rubles. The course fluctuates daily, so check it immediately before you travel. In circulation there are notes in denominations of 5,10,20,50,100,200 and 500 euros and coins in denominations of 1,2,5,10,20 and 50 cents.
You can exchange money almost everywhere - on the territory of railway stations and airports. As well as in banks, currency exchange points and tourist centers. The banks work schedule from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 16.00 with a break from 13.00 to 14.30. In some cities in Germany, banks have on Thursday a longer working day - until 17.30.
Prices in Germany
If you are going to visit Germany, keep in mind that all products there are subject to an additional tax - VAT. Moreover, this tax is paid in addition to the price list on the product. Products, newspapers and books are subject to 7.5% VAT. All other goods and services - 15%.
Almost all large stores are open from 9.00 am to 20.30, from Monday to Friday. Saturday work schedule from 8.00 or 9.00 to 16.00. On Sundays, all shops are closed.
Private organizations are open from 8.00 to 17.30.
Communications and important telephones in Germany
These rooms should always be with you if you are traveling in Germany.
- Police - 110 (free call).
- Fire and ambulance service - 112 (free call).
- Information service in Russian - 0190 - 87 22 50.
There are telephone booths in the country. From this booth you can call anywhere, even to other countries. There are three types of telephone booths - some accept coins, others accept credit cards, and others accept phone cards. You can purchase phone cards at the post office or at newsstands.
The most expensive calls will be on weekdays from 8 to 12 in the morning. The discount rate for calls starts from 18 pm to 8 am on weekdays and weekends.
Transport in Germany
In the country you can travel by rented car and by train. Inside one city movement is possible by public transport and taxi.
In order to rent a car, the following conditions must be met:
- A person who rents a car must be at least 25 years old.
- In the presence of a driver's license must be, experience on it should not be less than a year.
- Must be a credit card, which is the key to the rental car.
Public transport is buses and trams. The transport is very well developed, it runs strictly according to the schedule. The ticket can be purchased both from the driver and at bus stops.
Taxi - expensive pleasure. For the fare is taken fee, which provides for payment for landing and payment on the counter. In addition, you may be charged extra for baggage or dog transport.
If you decide to go to another city, you can do it by train. The trains are quite comfortable here, there are various discounts and bonuses. Discounts can benefit parents of large families, students and pensioners. Train tickets can be bought at train stations from which the train you are going to depart from.
Going on vacation to Germany, it will not be superfluous to know that in cafes and restaurants it is customary to leave a tip in the amount of 10% of the amount on the bill. If you are going to go somewhere in the evening, keep in mind that from 16.00 to 19.00 there are traffic jams here. And so that your evening does not become spoiled due to, for example, unfinished hair styling or an un-smoothed suit, take with you an adapter for electrical appliances.
Enjoy your holiday!