Folk omens is not a new concept for us. We face them every day. The only question is how broad are our ideas and knowledge about them.
They were known in antiquity. The society did not have enough experience and data to characterize this or that phenomenon. Accordingly, people sought to find some way out. Omens and superstitions were formed only from the desire to give an explanation to a particular event, the essence of which remained mysterious and mystical. The same were the reasons, which we now call signs.
People signs originated and existed together with the society, with the "people". Long-term use of them in practice has contributed to a very deep penetration into the consciousness. Today, even scientific theories and treatises are not capable of knocking out of people's minds a non-scientific approach to life, which is expressed in the so-called prediction of the future in the events of the present (according to signs).
There is no people will accept. Such their name focuses on the source of the formation - the people. By the way, every nation and its signs have. Signs are nothing but the wisdom of a particular people living in a certain territory. This wisdom has been collected for centuries. One generation formed it and passed it on to the next one, which, in turn, adjusted the knowledge gained to modern conditions and sent it further along the milestones of history.
Often, applying in practice this or that national sign, we get a positive result. But there are times when omens do not work. This is not a specific list, no. It all depends on the situation.
It is perfectly normal, therefore, that we ask ourselves the question - "So, believe in us or not, in folk signs?" An unequivocal answer, perhaps, in this situation is impossible to give. But an analysis of the question itself should be. He will give us at least some results.
Justification one - "The Psychology of Consciousness"
Suppose a woman with empty buckets is walking across the road. So what? - you say. But in this case there is a sign, if such a lady passes your way, wait for trouble.
And here you, remembering the popular wisdom, rushing along the road, trying to get around the empty buckets and do not have time. All day is ruined. Everything goes wrong: the scheduled meeting fell through, the matter does not go on.
Does the omen really work?
Psychologists on this subject have their own convictions. It’s not about empty or full buckets, but about encoding a model of behavior that occurs when a negative or positive factor is perceived from outside.
A man directs all his thoughts to the fact that today he certainly will not succeed. This is what happens. Not because it should have been this way, but because we programmed ourselves. Gave yourself a mental encoding for "bad." And if the sign is not known to us, because then the "bad" does not happen, and if it does, then the problem is not tied to a fact from the past.
Therefore, psychologists say that when you notice a positive sign for you, concentrate on it mentally and you will succeed. And if the bad, what a sign of self found, try not to sharpen your attention on it and think only about the "good". You will get what you will create as a model of your behavior.
Pros good signs in this case can not be overlooked. A bad omens to know is not necessary. Here is such a psychological theory.
Justification Two - "Situational Harbinger"
Folk omens are the richest experience gathered by people for quite a long time. The person was based on the result that this or that event carried with it. And not one case was taken, and not two. People studied the problem and analyzed it.
Modern civilization is built on scientific dogmas, which are increasingly ridiculed by poorly founded causal connections between omen and the event following it. In the old days, the analysis of these connections and the correct formulation of omens constituted a kind of science. As they say, our generation is clever, but we don’t have to keep our minds of the past.
In the old days, in order for a sign to see "life," so to speak, it still had to be tried out. If there was no meaning in it, then such a sign and viability would not be different. Only that the confirmation of the temporary received and did not leave the mouths of dozens of generations, only this received the opportunity for further existence, justified by time.
Such an approach does not give an unequivocal positive answer to the question of a trusting attitude to the signs of antiquity, but it forms the ground for us to realize it as a kind of quasi-scientific doctrine that has been tested for years.
Justification Three - "Signs of Destiny"
There is a hypothesis according to which our whole life from birth to death is predetermined. This predestination, as a rule, is associated with religious ideas about the creation of all earthly things. Sometimes the program of life embedded in us is associated with the power of the cosmos. Ostensibly, some cosmic energy as a large magnet designs our daily behavior and, as a result, our whole life.
From which side we would not have approached the question of the predestination of everything and everything, one thing is clear, we act as it was foreseen by the higher forces, and signs are certain signs that can only tell us what to expect. Such signs of fate must be properly able to read and understand. Knowledge of them evolved over the centuries.
After analyzing the problem of confidence in national signs, let us consider what signs exist. All signs and superstitions are divided into two large groups: bad and good. It is an interesting fact, but the person remembers the easiest and quickest bad signs, which, respectively, carry with them negative consequences.
What is the reason for this?
Everything is very simple. Our consciousness, while processing the information flow entering our brain, does not place accents on “good”, since this “good” does not pose any danger for us, but it stops at the “bad” and carries out its model analysis. Thus, self-defense, incorporated as a program into our brain, is automatically turned on. “Good” will not cause trouble, why think about it a lot, but the “bad” should be considered, as we, for example, avoid it or consequences.
Fear of the danger that awaits us breeds bad omens like mushrooms after rain.
Good folk omens
- The first good sign: if the house beats dishes - expect good luck and happiness. However, the storage of broken plates and mugs is strictly prohibited. This sign is actively used at weddings, when, to ensure a better life for newlyweds, guests after beating the toast and drinking the contents beat the wine glass.
- The second is a good omen: she’s a gypsy and comes down to the fact that a young couple should, holding onto one plate, break it together. Considered the number of large fragments, how many they will be, so will be the children.
- The third good sign: if a person has small black moles all over his body, be happy for him. Of particular value are those moles that are not immediately visible (hidden under clothes or covered with hair).
- The fourth good sign: This is the most common sign that comes down to genetic predisposition. If the son went to the mother - to be happy to him, and the daughter - if to the father.
- Fifth good sign: newborn wrapped in his father's shirt. It is believed that this will bring him luck in life
Of course, this is not all good omens, but one of the most common folk omens.
Bad folk omens
- The first bad sign: a bird flew into the house or beats on the glass. There is a belief that the souls of dead people live in birds and when a bird flies into your house, this means the quick death of one of those living in it, since the dead soul has a living covenant behind it.
- The second bad sign: a black cat runs across the road. With this well-known omen not everything is so simple, it is important from which side the animal runs relative to you. If a cat crosses the road from left to right in front of a man, it is unfortunate for him. And if, on the contrary - to good luck. For women, folk omen acts in the opposite direction.
- Third bad luck: salt, scattered on the floor to quarrels in the house. However, trouble can be avoided. It is enough to laugh out loud or hit your forehead.
- Fourth bad luck: return, to failure. If you have already gone beyond the threshold, try not to return or, upon your return, make a face in a mirror.
- Fifth bad luck: congratulate in advance (dangerous for the hero of the day). It is believed that the advance of the event entails the possibility of its not occurring, that is, the death of the birthday man, for example.