Tilde dolls are not just toys. Sometimes they serve as interior decor. In addition, such a nice thing, made with your own hands, can be given as a birthday gift even for an adult. Some tildes become very real New Year symbols. For example, lambs made of cloth. It is possible to sew such a toy in one evening according to a ready-made pattern.
How to sew a tilda sheep?
Creating such a tilde is no different from any other sewing. It all comes down to several stages. First you need to find a suitable pattern. Then fabric and decor are selected. The last stage is direct creation. At the same time, there are specific features of the technology of how to sew a tilde of a sheep.
Material - sheep differ from other toys in that they have a clear texture of the skin. They seem to consist of 2 parts - open areas and curlicues. The most difficult thing is to find a fabric for curls. Craftswomen out of this position in several ways. White fleece looks the most plausible. It has a slightly raised surface that resembles sheep skin.
Unfortunately, fleece in our stores can not be found always. The needlewomen in this case replace it with a terry cloth. From it, in most cases, sew towels. Therefore, you can safely put on a toy one of them. Of course, it should be white. You will also need a flesh-colored cotton fabric. From it sew the limbs and head. Cotton must be tight. Otherwise, it will begin to “shine through” the stuffing of the toy. You will also need any fabric for tailoring and accessories.
Decor - this item includes the creation of the eyes and the drawing of the "face" of a tilde sheep. Again, different methods are commonly used. If the toy is big enough, you can buy ready-made eyes. They are selected in accordance with the size of a sheep. It is better to "try on" a few pairs of eyes. Sometimes they just draw. In this case, work with acrylic paints or cosmetic eyeliner. Also for the creation of rosy cheeks masters use lipstick or eye shadow. Another option is to embroider a muzzle. Along the contour or stylized lines of the mouth, nose and eyes, the needle or any other are “sewn” along the seam.
Packing - tildes are interesting because they are quite voluminous and soft. After sewing, the doll needs something to fill. Often for these purposes is used sintepon. It is usually sold in fabric stores by meter with a width of 150 cm. It can be pinch off with hands and a volume ball can be formed from it. Other types of stuffing are sometimes used.
Polystyrene balls are very popular, they fall asleep in the covers of frameless furniture. Polystyrene is sold in cubic meters in furniture stores. He has a significant advantage. The structure of such stuffing develops fine motor skills of children. Sometimes, by the same principle, cereal is poured into toys. For example, buckwheat is also considered beneficial for the development of a child.
Pattern with job description
If you could not find a fleece for the "skin" of a sheep, do not be discouraged - try to sew a New Year's stylized cotton tilde! It can also be replaced with a rough mat.
You will need:
- Beige or solid cotton
- Wooden buttons
- Red ribbon
- New Year's decor
- Scissors, thread, needles
- In total, we have 2 parts - a solid body with a head and ears. To begin, cut a template. Then we cut out 2 bodies and 4 ears. Do not forget to set aside 5 mm. From all sides to allowances at the seams.
- Fold the details of the body face down. Stitch torso along the entire perimeter, leaving a non-sewn area at the base for future packing.
- Below we form corners to make a stable bottom. To do this, sort of parts apart. We pierce the triangles on the hypotenuse. Then cut them a little above this line.
- Turning the sheep with the help of available tools - a pencil or knitting needles. They also pass through the corners so that nothing is bent. Additionally, at the underside of the seams, you can steam the iron. So nothing will be bent.
- Also flashing ears. Their pairs fold the inside out. Then we sew and turn it through the left small hole. We sew the ears, sew the non-sewn area manually.
- The body of a lamb stuffed with padding polyester. We do this through a non-sewn gap at the very bottom of the resulting bottom. Packing distribute throughout the body. Then sew the bottom manually with a needle.
- The final stage - sew the ears to the head. With the help of small stitches we outline the eyes. Take 4 buttons and sew on the base. They should be located in the same place where the legs are usually. In the end we decorate the sheep in any way. For example, we tie a scarlet narrow ribbon with a bell on the neck.
Master class: doing a tilda pillow
We propose to slightly change the purpose of the sheep and make it a pillow tilde. Sew such a product even faster than previous versions.
You will need:
- Brown fleece
- Fleece white or shelf color
- Thread to match
- Curly scissors
- Sintepon or any other stuff for stuffing
- Take the lamb pattern and cut out the individual parts. Then the details are placed on the fabric. The body is on a light fleece, the other parts of the sheep are on a dark one.
- Outline them with a pencil or vanishing marker on the fabric. Then we recede from the line about 5 mm - these will be seam allowances. We outline them.
- Cut the parts of the tilde along the second lines and set aside. In total, we should have 2 parts of the body, 4 legs, 2 parts of the head and ears. We start with the legs. We take the blanks and fold the front sides inward. Then we sew on a typewriter or manually on the first line of the pattern. Thus we sheathe almost the entire part. At the same time we leave unwired a small part at the very top. We need it for turning over to the front. The second leg is also performed.
- Then we take the lamb's face. We also fold the parts face down, flush everything. In addition to a small gap at the top of the head. Then turn out.
- Take the light parts of the body. Fold facial out and pass the entire length curly scissors. The edge of the parts should be uneven - the form of teeth.
- Take a muzzle and legs. Slide the parts into the right places between the folded parts of the body. We fasten the details with tailor pins. Stitch the sheep along the length of the body over the embedded parts. At the same time we leave the gap between the legs open.
- Take the required amount of printed material and shove it into this hole. We distribute it throughout the body of the lamb pillow. After that we sew an open area, continuing the seam line.
- At the end we sew ears. To do this, we take every detail and at the base slightly wrap the type of envelope. In this form, each ear is sewn to the head. Sheep tilde in the form of decorative pillows ready!
Photo selection of different options
Tilde lamb is not just a cute toy, but also the embodiment of the warmth of human hands. Sew it very easy. For a start, a template of individual parts is made. You can use the finished pattern. Then the details are cut out taking into account allowances and stitched. It is important in each case to leave a small hole. It is necessary for turning out the stuffing of the toy with filler.