Monstera flower unusual in the truest sense of the word. That is how his name translates into Russian. Those who plant this plant often face a huge number of conflicting signs and superstitions. Someone thinks monster is a plant of good luck, someone is an energetic vampire, someone is a "muzhegon." Such statements may seem controversial. But the beauty of Monstera does not require proof.
Monstera: truth and fiction
Monster can be called a scandalous plant. Centuries ago, she was accused of murder! On one of the continents, allegedly, they found skeletons of people, under the shoots of this plant. Of course, it was all newspaper duck. Monstera is absolutely safe. Unlike some plants, such as dieffenbachia, it is not poisonous. This means that it can be safely grown in homes where there are children or pets. It should be ensured that they do not pluck the leaves of this vine. Inside there are sharp formations that look like small needles. If they come in contact with mucous membranes, they cause a slight burning sensation.
Monstera performs the function of a green filter for rooms. It not only absorbs bad impurities in the air, but also inhibits the development of viruses, microorganisms and fungi.
In terms of human exposure, monstera has different abilities. She can pacify, suppress negative emotions.
Monstera can not only clean the air, but also moisten it. Therefore, it is recommended to put it in excessively dry rooms. By the way, they say that This indoor plant is able to predict weather changes. Before a heavy rain or thunderstorm on its large carved leaves you can see small drops of water.
The positive effect of Monstera on the indoor climate can be increased. For this you need to properly care for the flower. Air leaves its air, therefore dust constantly accumulates on them, which is why absorption of harmful impurities decreases. Therefore, it is recommended to periodically wipe the leaves of the plant and arrange them a light shower.
Monstera: why not keep at home?
- Many consider monsters to be energy absorbing flowers. There are pros and cons in this. If you put the pot in the room where you sleep or are often, then there may be negative effects. On the other hand, it is said that a flower can pull off on itself and bad energy. For example, treat a severe headache. To do this, just relax a little near the pot.
- Plants are recommended to grow in houses with a bad atmosphere. Monstera will help expel all negative. But in an apartment where peace reigns supreme, it is not advisable to keep such a flower.
- Another feature says flower growers that you should not put a pot with a monster in the bedroom. At night, it absorbs oxygen and emits carbon dioxide.
- Most likely, such a number of negative opinions about growing a flower is connected with its appearance. Huge leaves, twisted roots, growing in the dark impose on the monster an imprint of mysticism and mystery.
- It is worth noting that in other countries the plant is considered extremely useful. They love monster in Asia and the East. In some regions, it is placed in a room with a sick person for a speedy recovery, in others - they are put in front of the house as a talisman. Other positive qualities of monstera: the ability to eliminate chaos in thoughts and organize them, to increase the concentration of the person's attention.
- Monstera is necessary for those who are dual and grab a lot of things at once. This plant eliminates the mess around. It is believed that the flower keeps the home, brings happiness and good luck. For those who want to grow monster at home, but are afraid of bad signs, it is recommended to keep other flowers in the same room. To balance the absorption of energy will help geranium and begonia. It is believed that the plant becomes harmless if there is a cat in the apartment.
- If you still risk to grow monstera, believing in its positive properties, it is best to choose a pot of large diameter. The plant has powerful roots. Keep the flower better in the penumbra. Every few years it needs to be transplanted into a larger pot. The flower is propagated by aerial roots or cuttings.
Monstera is surrounded by superstition and omens. It is often called a muzhegon plant, transferring ivy properties to a flower. It is noteworthy that negative opinions about the cultivation of monsters are not multiplying in the home country of the plant, but in other countries. Where the monstera grows in the natural environment, it is considered to be the keeper of the hearth and amulet. The practical benefits of the flower is to cleanse, ozonize and moisten the air in the room.