What gift is suitable for an adult or a child in the year of the Sheep? Of course, a themed souvenir. You can create it with your own hands. With the help of cotton and felt, you can make a wonderful tilda doll or more practical things - wallets, pendants on a Christmas tree or throw pillows. To create cute souvenirs, you can use different techniques - patchwork, felt felting or regular sewing. All of them are great for making gifts.
Lamb do-it-yourself: patterns
For a start, you can learn sewing lamb, a template which you can draw yourself.
You will need:
- Thick cotton
- Filler for toys
- Scissors, pencil, thread and needle
- Take a piece of paper and a pencil. Draw a torso pattern. It looks like a little cloud with wavy curves around the edges. At the bottom of the body goes into a regular oval. From below in this place you need to mark the legs. They look like elongated ovals. The torso is one.
- We also outline the lines of the muzzle. It looks like an oval, on top of which we draw several wavy curls. A separate item - ears. For them we draw an oval that tapers towards the bottom - it looks like a flower petal. When all the parts of the sheep are ready, cut them out.
- Then take the pattern of parts and impose on cotton fabric. For simplicity, the material can be folded in half with its face inward. Circle all parts of the lamb along the contours, adding 5 mm to allowances from all sides. Next, we cut out the torso, head and ears along the second lines. We should have 2 parts in total of the parts of a sheep, but 4 ears.
- On the sewing machine we sew the torso along the contour, leaving a non-sewn area between the legs of the lamb. Do the same with the head and ears. The body is turned out on the front side in any convenient way. Previously, in order to nothing bristled, you can iron the seams. For this, the fabric is pushed to the sides. After turning the part, it is filled with filler. As it can be used sintepon, polystyrene balls, unnecessary rags. Then it is necessary to sew the area at the bottom of the body with a secret seam.
- By the same principle we carry the head of a lamb. We also sew the ears with the seam on the outer side, but after turning them out, we do not fill them with filler.
- It remains only to sew all the details. We start with the head. We have it about a little above the center of the body. Then we attach our ears to the head. The last thing you need to work out the face of a lamb. To do this, we mark with a seam forward the needle of the eye, the nose and the mouth. Cheeks can be made pink with the help of pastel crayons or blush.
New Year's Sheep: making a Christmas tree toy
You can create wonderful Christmas toys in the form of a lamb. Such a gift will delight both an adult and a child.
You will need:
- Felt beige, white and brown
- Scissors, thread, needle
- Brown and red yarn
- Two black beads
- Super glue that is suitable for textiles
- This New Year's lamb can be stitched without first drawing a pattern pattern. We take a beige felt and cut a circle of the desired size. This will be the base of a sheep-pendant. The workpiece diameter can be about 7 cm. To give more similarity, cut the edges with curly scissors with zigzag edges.
- Then shape the head with brown felt ears. The item must be integral. You can draw a small circle on the seamy side with a pencil. Then on both sides of the upper part, draw the ovals intersecting it at an angle. It will be ears. From the points of intersection with the circle draw a wavy convex line. This will be our sheep curls. Cut the resulting part.
- From white felt make eyes. They are cut in the form of small circles.
- Take the details received. Torso stitch in a circle near the cut thread floss beige large stitches. We attach black beads to the eyes of white felt. Sew them, compatible with the head part in the right place. Take the floss brown color. With the help of them, we attach the head with large stitches to the body slightly above the middle.
- Cut 2 small pieces of brown yarn. It will be legs. Glue them from the back to the body with glue. Also cut off a strip of red strands. Its length should be enough to form a loop. It is on her New Year's sheep will be hung on the Christmas tree. We fold the thread in half, placing the tips nearby. We also glue it on the back of the body above the head. Sheep suspension is ready!
Felt sheep purse
Felt lamb can be made more practical. For example, in the form of a wallet.
You will need:
- Blue and beige felt
- Scissors, paper, needle, thread
- Let's start with the manufacture of patterns. To do this, rethink a small cloud. At the same time on the bottom edge it should be absolutely flat - a straight line. We also draw a head in the form of a circle, the ears are elongated ovals with a sharp top. For the top of the head - a small cloud.
- Cutting templates. Take the felt and fold it in half. To the place of the fold we apply the body with the even side. We outline the part, taking into account seam allowances. The remaining items will be single. Also apply them to the felt. In this case, the head of a sheep should be beige. Cut out all the details.
- Take cotton and carve out two rectangles from it. In length, they are equal to the body plus 5 mm on the sides for allowances, and in height slightly lower. Fold them face down and sew on the sides and bottom.
- Take the torso and straighten the part. On the central fold will need to sew a zipper. To do this, carefully make an incision. We put a zipper under the felt. The length of the incision varies from its size. We take lightning by hand. We take a pad of cotton. Also impose it under the felt. The upper edges are located along the cut under the zipper.
- We begin to sweep the part on the machine. To start, flash the zipper, grabbing the lining. Do not forget to position the slider over the cutout. We cut off the extra parts of the zipper.
- We take the head of a sheep and form on it the eyes, mouth and nose of a sheep. The easiest way to do this is with black stitches. We place the head at an angle on the right side and sew with threads to match. Stitches are better for large ones. Also we sew and other details - ears and curls
- At the end we fold the torso with two sides and stitch it on the sides and bottom on a typewriter. Sheep with her own hands ready!
Lamb do-it-yourself is an excellent gift that will appeal to both adults and children. You can sew it from felt, in the form of a tilde doll or decorative pendant. Template for the manufacture of crafts can be completely draw yourself. To do this, you need to think of only 3 details - the torso, head and ears. Paws or tail can be in the form of ovals. Decorate crafts can be to your liking!