The butterfly is a classic element of the costume, emphasizing the individual style and elegance of its owner. Currently, the butterfly is worn not only by men, but also by girls who want to show their immediacy and independence.
To sew a butterfly around your neck with your own hands, special knowledge and skills are not needed - it is enough to know the basics of sewing.
How to sew a butterfly around the neck: materials
You will need:
- The main fabric.
- Centimeter or ruler.
- Sewing machine.
- Thermoglue flizelin.
- Elastic and clasps.
Butterfly on the neck with their own hands: instructions
Select the required material for the butterfly. If you sew a butterfly with your own hands for a solemn event, the fabric of black or another calm color would be an ideal option. For parties, you can take a bright cloth. The main thing that the material was dense enough. For lining is usually used thermoglue interlining.
Measure the necessary parameters for the butterfly pattern and transfer it to the cardboard. It is important that the bow tie does not extend beyond the outer edges of the shirt collar. The length and width of the pattern, draw 2 rectangular parts (on the edges, be sure to leave small seam allowances - about 1 cm). The same rectangles need to be made of lining material, but without allowances.
Iron off the lining parts. Fold the sides of the future bow tie to each other. Sweep lines on allowance manually. Then make a seam on a sewing machine. Leave free space so that you can turn out the product. Do not display a line for the pattern line, otherwise, the butterfly will look awkward.
Using scissors, carefully cut the corners of the allowances on the quadrilateral part. This should be done carefully so as not to damage the seam. Remove the basting seam and turn out the product, helping yourself with the blunt side of the pencil. Spread the folds and corners.
Insert a cardboard template into the product. Using the iron, iron the butterfly on the steam function. When you smooth the butterfly, take out the cardboard and sew the hole with a secret stitch.
From the main fabric sew a thin strip. The strip will serve as a central interception of the butterfly on the neck with your own hands. Fold the strip in half, stitch the edges and turn out. Squeeze the middle of the butterfly. Fold secure hand stitches. Fasten the butterfly with a stripe in the middle.
Sew knots from the back of the butterfly, seizing the ends of the elastic by stitches. Then fasten a fastener of a suitable color to the bow tie. Butterfly on the neck with his hands ready!
Images taken from the site:www.furfurmag.ru
How to sew a butterfly: Pattern
- Choose a thick enough fabric. The fabric must keep the shape.
- Make a butterfly pattern on the neck. Measure the neck circumference, measure the width of the butterfly. Transfer the measurements to the cardboard. The following butterfly parameters are ideal: width - 30 cm, length - 50 cm. Cut 2 rectangles along the width and length, leaving allowances at the edges of about 1 cm. Make the same rectangles from lining fabric (flizelin or dublerin), but without allowances.
- Place the pattern on the seamy side of the fabric, attaching it with sewing pins. Using chalk or soap circle a pattern. Cut out the details of the fabric, do not forget that 5 mm on each side should go to the hem and seams. Details must be duplicated for the front and the seamy side of the butterfly.
- Before you start sewing butterflies, carefully iron the products with an iron. Attach non-woven parts with glue side on the wrong side of fabric parts and iron again.
- When the lining is glued to the fabric, attach another fabric butterfly pattern on top. Ensure that all parts lie flat on each other. Flizelinovaya and tissue parts should lie on each other with the front sides inside.
- Sew the part around the contour, leaving a small hole in the side. To make the corners of the butterfly look beautiful, trim the fabric a little at the corners from the inside.
- Turn the butterfly on the front side through the hole, then sew the hole with a secret seam.
- Iron the finished butterfly from the front side, steam and dry. Collect the tie in the middle, securing it with a strip of fabric.
Images taken from the site:www.vogueon.ru
See also: How to sew a bowtie tie?
Butterfly on the neck is a stylish accessory that is suitable for both women and men. Butterfly perfectly complements any classic costume, giving it charm and ease. You can buy it at any clothing store, but if you want to excel and stand out, it’s better to sew a butterfly around your neck with your own hands. Moreover, it is easy to do!