Knitted handicrafts are highly valued around the world. This is not surprising, because needlewomen invest in their products not only hard work, but also a piece of the soul. Those who know how to knit will have no difficulty in updating their wardrobe. And what about girls who are strangers to the world of knitting? The answer is simple: you need to pick up the threads and knitting needles and learns needlework. Do not worry if you do not know where to start, today we will tell you how to learn to knit from scratch.
How to learn to knit from scratch: where to start?
So, you decided that you want to learn to knit. Where to start? This section will help you learn how to choose the necessary materials for knitting.
Selection of needles
Spokes come in different styles and lengths and can be made from metal, plastic, and various wooden materials. Despite the diversity of choice, there is one simple rule - the needles should not be sharp. Skilled craftswomen advise to begin training with ordinary straight spokes.
The choice of yarn is also diverse. It can be either from natural fibers or synthetic. What is the best yarn to choose depends on your personal preferences. But for beginners, experienced craftsmen advise taking strands of light tones and medium thickness. All patterns and possible errors will be clearly visible on the product made from such yarn.
Master class for beginners
All patterns in knitting consist of two types of loops: face and purl. In order to knit any pattern, it is enough just to learn how to properly knit both types of eyelets. Below you can also find the simplest methods for stitching and closing stitches.
A set of loops on the needles:
- Pull a piece of yarn out of the yarn so as to leave a tail about 4 cm in size.
- Now you need to make a sliding knot and tighten it on the needle, thereby forming the first stitch.
- Insert the right needle into the stitch on the left needle and pull the thread at work into the loop.
- With the right knitting needle, pull the loop through the stitch and move it to the left knitting needle to form the second stitch.
- Place the right knitting needle between the two stitches and pull the thread under and around the knitting needles.
- From the right knitting needle, pull the thread loop through the stitch and remove the finished loop on the left stitch to form the third stitch.
- Continue until you reach the required number of loops.
Knit facial loops:
- First you need to remove the first loop. It is called the edge and in the usual knitting is never knit.
- Enter the right needle into the stitch to the left.
- Enter the needle movement away from you, grabbing the thread.
- Pull the thread through the stitch and transfer the finished loop from the left knitting needle.
Knit purl loop:
- Wrong loops knit when the main thread is in front of the product.
- We introduce the needle to the right into the loop of the left needle.
- Grab a neatly working thread.
- With a smooth circular motion, we knit the purl loop.
Close the loop:
- In order to close the loop, you need to knit two stitches together.
- To do this, remove the second extreme loop on the right needle.
- Pull the second loop through the first stitch, removing it from the loop.
- As a result, you should have one loop on the right needle.
- Using it, in the same way, knit all the stitches remaining on the left knitting needle.
- When you have one loop, remove it from the working needle and pull the thread through the center to secure the knot.
What can be knit for beginners?
After you have mastered the basic loops, you can start knitting simple products. Do not think that if you grasped the basics of knitting, then it will be easier to make the original pattern. To get started, try to tie something light using facial and kerchief knitting.
Good on knitted products look drawings "Rice" and "Putanka", to master which is also not difficult. Beginner craftswomen can try to tie a rug, scarf, socks or hat, gradually moving to more complex products.
Learning to knit socks
- 50 grams of fine cotton yarn;
- 5 thin needles;
- 2 big pins.
Step by step description:
- Work begins with a knitting cuff. To do this, fold the two needles together and type 32 loops.
- Then remove 1 knitting needle and evenly distribute the stitches on 4 needles (8 loops each).
- Tie the first row of facial loops, forming a circle.
- Facial satin need to knit 5 rows and then proceed to the formation of the pattern.
- To make an openwork edging gum, you need to knit the first row together by 2 stitches.
- In the second row, when knitting each stitch, you need to nakid from the working thread on the knitting needle. Thus, on the 4 needles again get 8 loops.
- After the formation of the pattern, we continue knitting 7 rows with the front satin stitch.
- After that, repeat the knitting pattern, as described above, and finish the work with the cuff.
- We proceed to the formation of the heels, which will be knit by the pattern "Rice".
- The diagram indicates that in the first row the front loops are knitted with the purl, and the purl stitches with the face loops.
- In the second row, the work should look like this: 1 purl loop, 1 face loop, repeat to the end of the row.
- The third and subsequent five rows are knitted in the same way as the first two.
- Then the loops with two knitting needles are removed on pins, and the remaining stitches are removed with 1 needle and continue to knit 9 rows with a satin stitch.
- Now you need to form a heel. To do this, we distribute 16 loops to 3 needles, so that on average, each needle has 6 stitches and 5 needles per edge.
- We knit 1 stitch from the front needle together with the first loop of the side needle.
- Next, we knit 4 loops with the usual front satin stitch and end the line, again knitting 2 stitches together with the front and side knitting needles.
- We continue to knit so until only 6 eyelets remain on the front spoke.
- After the heel is formed, proceed to the knitting of the lifting leg.
- To do this, on the front knitting needle, where there are 6 eyelets left, we gather 5 stitches along the edge.
- Next, the loops that are on the pins are transferred to the needles and knit a number according to the pattern.
- In the same way on the free knitting needles gain 5 loops on the edge. And again we have 4 knitting needles and 1 working needle.
- We continue to knit 15 rows, considering that the 2 upper knitting needles are knitted according to the pattern, and the 2 lower knitting needles are knitted with an ordinary face finish.
- The next stage - the formation of the bow. To do this, all stitches must be knitted with a front satin stitch, each time ending a cycle, knitting 2 loops together: one with a working needle and the other with the first needle of the cycle.
- Through 4 stitches in the last loops, which remained on the needles, we stretch the working thread and form a knot.
- Using the hook, we hide all the excess threads on the wrong side and shorten it a little.
- Knit the second sock is similar to the first.
Having mastered the wonderful world of knitting, you can constantly please not only yourself, but also your family members with new exclusive handmade items. However, do not stop there. Having learned tops of skill, you can turn a fascinating hobby into a stable income.