Banana is an exotic herb. It grows quickly, undemanding in care. In natural conditions, a banana can grow up to eight meters, and its leaves reach two meters in length. At home, its height depends on the size of the room.
But if citrus experiments were performed on almost everything, then very few people planted a banana. And all because the seeds of a banana (better to say - the seeds), we never choose, but eat together with the fruit. They are so small that no one even thinks about it. But under natural conditions, not all bananas have such small seeds. The bananas we eat are the merit of the breeders. Wild bananas contain black large inedible seeds. There are also decorative bananas, with which they decorate offices and other premises.
Instructions for planting bananas
- To start prepare the seeds (seeds need to take natural bananas!). It is necessary to make stratification, that is, to damage the hard shell of the seeds. To do this, you can rub the shell with an emery paper, or a nail file, or something scratched. But do not overdo it!
- Then choose the dishes. Each seed is better to plant in small cups (plastic, from yogurt).
- Before landing the seeds need to to hold about half an hour in a saturated solution of potassium permanganate. After this, we take out the seeds, make a hot saturated solution of potassium permanganate and pour the earth over it. The earth it is better make from a mixture of sand and peat (4: 1).
- An hour after watering the land with potassium permanganate, we plant seeds. For this only lightly press seed into the surface of the substrate. Cover the glass with cellophane.
- The cup must be kept in a sunny place. But direct sunlight is not allowed.
- The term germination of seeds is at least three months.Water seeds during the germination period should bottom way. We lower the glass (it is necessary to make small holes in it) in a container with water, slightly colored with potassium permanganate. You can see how the earth gradually becomes wet. Then take out a glass.
- When seeds are affected by mold, mold the land, remove moldy places and seed if necessary. If the seed is not damaged, then sprayed the earth with a saturated solution of potassium permanganate (colors of strong tea) and cover a glass with new cellophane.
It is better to plant several banana seeds at once, each seed in a separate cup. Since some seeds can not ascend, and some will rot or be covered with mold.
As soon as shoots appear, you will not have problems with growing a banana.
Carebanana at home
- Lighting - bright diffused light. Banana loves the sun, loves even a small exposure to direct sunlight.
- Air humidity high. However, a banana tolerates moderate humidity if direct sun hits it.
- Wateringplentiful, soft, warm water. If the leaves began to crack or drooped - it means that watering is insufficient.
- Breeds (besides seeds) by offspring or division of rhizome. So if you want to share with someone a green banana bush or multiply it at home, you do not have to suffer with the germination of seeds.
- Transplanted annually in the spring before the beginning of the growing season.
See also: How many calories in 1 banana?
A growing banana is fed from spring to autumn with universal complex fertilizers.
Have a good harvest!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot