Each pattern is a combination of colors, shadows and lines, regardless of what it is intended for. If you look closely at the embroidery patterns, ornaments for objects made of wood or pieces of mugs, you can make sure that they have common parts among themselves. Sometimes you want to independently learn how to draw patterns to decorate household items or just for the soul.
How to draw patterns on paper?
In order to draw patterns on paper, you will need: in fact, the sheet of paper and the pencil itself, and to draw a stencil ornament, you may still need cardboard, a sponge, a shoemaker's knife and paints.
So, first you need to decide for what purpose the picture will be subsequently used. From this directly and it will depend on what materials will be needed to create it, what elements will need to be drawn. If the pattern becomes part of the pattern on paper or ornament for embroidery, then on the sheet should in the first place determine its location. It can be as part of the frame, and located in any part of the sheet.
By the way, its color scheme will directly depend on the purpose of the ornament. The contour of the pattern for embroidery should be monotonous, but at the same time it will be necessary to clearly represent all color combinations. Drawing for the subsequent woodcarving or skipping for lace should look self-sufficient in monochromatic colors. It will also be necessary to think over what elements will be chosen as additional, because they must belong to the same style as the main pattern. We should not forget about the nuances that will be constantly repeated.
Now it's time to think over the main part of the pattern, namely its main elements. For the ornament of the plant kind they should be leaves, flowers or berries. You will also need to choose their location. You may have to connect elements with each other with secondary elements using stalks or other lines.
For the ornament in the geometric style should be selected as the main elements of the triangles, circles, squares. You need to try to place them on a small sheet of paper in different areas and in different sequences, and then choose the one you like. You can connect elements with each other with the help of straight, dotted, broken lines. You can also try to draw the lines one by one in combination with the main element, and then choose the most acceptable one.
Now on a large sheet of paper should be placed the elements of the ornament in accordance with a pre-selected scheme and put it together. If at the end of the process you have a feeling of incompleteness, looking at the drawing, then add it with other details. But before that you should outline on the picture those places where they will look most advantageous.
If the pattern later becomes part of the easel pattern, then it should be done in the same style as the main pattern. A pattern that will be used as a sketch for embroidery or for other purposes in needlework should be circled with a felt-tip pen, and then transferred to fabric or to a wooden surface.
Learning to draw a pencil
Patterns are present in all branches of art: from the folk art of various nations of the world to modern abstract works. In general, when you first look at the patterns, it begins to mistakenly seem that they are very complex in execution, it is almost impossible to draw them yourself. But taking a pencil, a sheet of paper and being patient and diligent, it will be very easy to be convinced of the opposite!
- Thinking how beautifully to draw patterns? Take the simple schemes as a basis. Even the most complex ornament begins with them. First of all, you should choose the basic elements, in their roles can be: points, circles, droplets, waves, loops, rectangles, crosses. Any of these shapes can be chosen as the start of drawing the pattern. With the help of dots you can draw a simple pattern.
- It is only necessary to faithfully observe all the stages of drawing. So, taking a pencil and a sheet of paper, you can begin the creative process. If you yourself can not draw straight lines, then you need a graphic paper, or you can use the usual paper ruler. Take a piece of paper and draw a line of dots on it.
- Now the points should be circled in the form of droplets.
- Then over each droplet drawn should be drawn one more.
- After that, you should draw a small circle over the resulting picture, over each of which, in turn, you need to draw a curl turned to the left, and after the same curl, just to the right.
- In general, if you look at it, drawing patterns is drawing simple shapes in a row, one after the other. By the way, each element can be painted in a different color, or you can decorate the picture at the end of the work.
- Now you can start drawing the pattern more difficult.
- So, you should draw a few points in a row, each of which must then be circled in a small circle.
- Now each circle should also circle one more circle.
- Then, for each received circle, it will be necessary to draw petals, and below - a small circle.
- From the bottom along the edges of each resulting flower you need to draw a couple of droplets, each of which will be rotated in different directions.
- After each element should be drawn in a spiral, and between them - a small circle. The latter should be circled in the same circle, only larger.
- After each flower you should draw 3 petals. That's all - another pattern is ready!
- Now you can try to draw an ornament on other technologies. Instead of points as a base of the ornament, you should draw waves in 2 rows. Then from the top of each wave should draw a loop.
- A circle should be drawn between each loop, and a straight line should be drawn at the bottom of the picture.
- Now, from the drawn horizontal straight line, vertical stripes should be drawn to the upper undulating line.
- Then below you should draw another straight horizontal line, and below it - a number of circles. Everything - now your creation is ready!
You just need to remember that any pattern is nothing more than a repetition of forms. To make a drawing more complicated, you just need to continue it - element by element. For inspiration, you can look through various books in which ornaments of different nationalities and cultures are represented. Try to make an original pattern, putting together several elements of different styles.