Carpets, carpets, carpet - all this is very beautiful and stylish, but they tend to collect dust and, of course, are not immune from stains and unpleasant smell. Taking the carpet to dry cleaning is not so easy. That is why many housewives often wonder: how to clean the carpet at home from the smell?
Our article is devoted to this topic.
How to clean the carpet at home from the smell?
Stains on your favorite carpet, and even in combination with the smell, do not add a good mood. Well, we roll up our sleeves and try to clear this misunderstanding without capital investments using improvised means.
We clean the carpet with soda and vinegar: reviews and technology of the procedure
When soda is mixed with vinegar, carbonic acids are actively released, which resembles a boiling process. If such a "boiling" solution is applied to the contaminated area of the carpet, then it also seems to succumb to boiling. Preparing the solution is very simple:
- In a small deep cup pour ½ cup of hot water, add four tablespoons of vinegar and stir.
- Then pour a tablespoon of washing powder and the same amount of soda, quickly stir.
- The resulting mixture boils, and you take a brush and apply it on the spots.
- Immediately after applying a damp cloth, lightly pressing, clean the soda-vinegar solution along with the dirt, refreshing the carpet paint.
User feedback on the use of soda with vinegar for cleaning carpets is mostly positive. So, for example, Irina from Zelenograd used this method, and here is her story about the results achieved: “At first, I doubted the effectiveness of this method, somehow too simple, but then I decided. You know, the result was stunned - after cleaning the carpet became as new. Besides, and now I know this firsthand, vinegar eliminates unpleasant odors. So it turned out two in one, I am very pleased. "
Features of cleaning carpets Vanish and using chlorine bleach
If you do not want to take your carpet to dry cleaning, and decided to put it in order by yourself, do not worry, everything will work out for you. With such a variety of chemicals that exists today, cleaning will not be a big problem. Just follow the simple algorithm:
- Before cleaning the carpet, be sure to vacuum, remove all debris.
- Using chlorine-containing agents, remove stains and let the carpet dry.
- Over the entire area of the carpet evenly apply cleaning agent Vanish.
- After the foam dries, vacuum the carpet. If the vacuum cleaner is washing, then it is not necessary to wait for complete drying.
The choice of detergents must be made in accordance with the type of carpet product (manual or mechanical production) and its material. Chlorine-containing bleach will help get rid of stains, but will leave behind the smell of chlorine. But Vanish does not leave a smell.
Multi-level method of removing the smell
Spot the spot discord. It's one thing when it's just a stain, and quite another if it has an unpleasant smell of urine. How to clean the carpet at home from the smell of urine?
The urine odor problem lies in its chemical composition. The main component of urine is urinic acid. It does not dissolve in water, so simply washing the crash site, even with detergents, will not produce results, but only spread the smell to an even larger area. After drying the pools, insidious substances are formed - thiols, which are firmly fixed on the territory and accentuate the disgusting smell even more. Here only multilevel cleaning will help, in which at the first stage urine acid is removed, and at the second - thiols.
We make cleaning with 9% table vinegar, edible soda and 3% hydrogen peroxide:
- Vinegar diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 3. The resulting solution pour the right place on the carpet and cover with a paper napkin, which prevents the spread of stains. We are waiting for complete drying.
- Sprinkle dried soda.
- In the sprayer pour 100 ml of peroxide, ½ tsp. any detergent and add water to 200 ml, shake.
- The resulting mixture is sprayed over the soda and wait for 3 hours. During this time, chemical processes will occur, the essence of which to delve into - just a head to break. The main thing is the result: after the wet cleaning of the problem area, there will be no stain or smell.
And now let's look at the most frequently encountered stains and recommendations for cleaning them at home:
- stains from colored liquids and wine will help remove the aqueous solution of washing powder with soda;
- greasy stains are effectively removed by sprinkling with talcum powder and ironing it with a hot iron through blotting paper or tissue;
- coffee stains are smeared with glycerin and washed off with a solution of cold water and ammonia;
- blood stains are removed by rinsing with cold water.
Today, we have worked hard: they cleaned the carpets, bringing them to their original appearance, and remembered the course of school chemistry. Now we are not afraid of any stains and odors. You can safely put yourself in order and invite guests.