Silverware darkens with time, taking on a nondescript look. They form a black patina. How to return the former gloss and beauty of a silver product?
The article will talk about how to effectively clean this metal at home. After all, all materials provided by the site howtogetrid.ru carry reliable information.
General recommendations before cleaning silver
Before thoroughly clean the silver product, it is necessary to remove dirt and grease from it. This can be done with the help of a special composition. In warm water dissolve a little soap or shampoo. You can use any detergent for dishes. In the resulting mixture down the decoration. Clean it of dirt with a toothbrush with a soft bristle. After this, the product is rinsed in cold water.
There are many ways in which you can clean any silver home decoration. It takes a little time and the most common household items: soda, salt, toothpaste, and ammonia, vinegar.
For successful and delicate cleaning it is necessary to take into account the alloy of silver, as well as the presence of stones.
How to shine silver without stones?
- Using a 10% solution of citric acid or ammonia, you can lighten the silver product. To the result was amazing, the mixture is heated.
- Potatoes should be boiled until ready. The remaining water is poured into another bowl, put a piece of foil in it. When the liquid has cooled, silver is dipped into the dish for a few minutes. After that, the product is polished with a woolen cloth.
- To give a special gloss silver suitable composition, based on the potato. Raw vegetables are crushed, add water. Silver jewelry is immersed in the mixture, left there for 5-6 minutes. Next, dry, polish the product with wool.
- You can cook potato peel. The broth should be drained, then put there silver for a quarter of an hour. Then get the decoration, rinse with clean water.
Products based on matte silver can not be cleaned at home with the help of abrasives: soda, salt, acid. It is enough to prepare the composition of soap chips with water. You need to lower the decoration into it for 5 minutes. Then get it, dry with a soft cloth.
How to clean silver products from black plaque?
- A small pot filled with water (200 ml), add a tablespoon of soda, boil the mixture. In a hot liquid is placed a sheet of foil with silver, continue to keep on fire. When the decoration brightens, the mixture is set aside. The product is taken out, washed with cold clean water.
- Silver cutlery cleaned with soda. At the bottom of the enamel pan lay out a sheet of foil. Silver is placed on top of it, and a couple of tablespoons of soda are placed on it. Cutlery on top is covered with a sheet of foil and poured boiled water. After a quarter of an hour they take out the silver, they wash it.
- Take the appropriate container, wrapped it in foil. It is evenly placed rings, bracelets and chains in one layer. Sprinkle them with salt, soda and a couple drops of dishwashing detergent on top of them. All this is poured boiled water. After a quarter of an hour the product is taken out and washed with plain water.
- Silver inserts can be independently cleaned. You need to rub them with eraser's eraser
m. In this case, the recommended use of lipstick for lips. It contains the smallest abrasive components, thanks to which a thorough purification of silver takes place. To do this, lipstick is applied to a soft cloth, with which the metal is polished to a shine. Then the decoration is washed with soap composition.
- An effective, but more aggressive method of cleaning is the use of a mixture of toothpaste, soda, and ammonia. A homogeneous mass is applied to the decoration, wipe it. Next, wash the mixture with plain water. Thanks to the toothpaste, the blackness is completely gone. However, do not abuse this method of cleansing. After all, toothpaste can contribute to the appearance of minor cracks on the metal.
- To get rid of black spots on silver will help 9% vinegar. It is slightly warmed up, lower the decoration there. After 15 minutes, check the color of the product. If the result is not satisfactory, continue to keep silver in vinegar for another quarter of an hour.
Do not often clean blackened or filigree silver. After all, the noble platinum gives rings and bracelets a special refinement.
How to clean silver products with stones?
- Using special solutions from jewelry stores, you can carefully clean the jewelry with stones. These tools are not capable of harming the product. They will cover the ring or earrings with a protective film.
- A little laundry soap in the form of chips, a couple of drops of ammonia is added to ordinary water. The mixture is boiled, removed from the heat. The liquid in the cooled state is applied to the decoration, using a toothbrush with a non-rigid bristle. Dirt along the contour of the stone is removed with a wet cotton swab (moistened in the same solution).
- In water (200 ml) dissolve 5-6 drops of ammonia of weak concentration. Clean the silver with stone with a soft cloth.
- It is required to boil eggs (the quantity is not limited), to cool slightly the water. In a warm liquid from the eggs lay out silver, and keep a quarter of an hour. After the product is cleaned, it is rubbed.
Jewelry with pearls, amber or coral can not be cleaned at home. They are better to give the master. Such stones are fragile. They may be damaged due to exposure to chemical compounds.
It is not recommended to use silver jewelry directly after cleaning. Let them lie down for several days. This is necessary so that a natural protective layer can form on the rings, bracelets, chains and earrings.
Having at hand certain information, available tools, you can effortlessly clean the silver at home.