Flowers are an extraordinarily beautiful creation of nature, and even in artificial form they surprise and delight us. Today, they are made from a variety of materials - from fabric, paper, leather, beads or plastic. Flowers can be knit, sew, sculpt, cut and draw.
Floral direction - one of the most popular in any work. However, not everyone has enough talent and experience to make some kind of a complex composition of flowers, so you can use simple techniques and ready-made material, for example, make flowers from ribbons with your own hands. These flowers will be a great addition to the dress, bag, suitable as a hair ornament or brooch.
Making flowers from ribbons
To make flowers from ribbons with your own hands, you will need 90 cm of fabric or ribbons about five centimeters wide.
- Fold the tape in half in half, with the inner surface facing each other. Sew the ribbon with a common thread with a needle, starting from the bend line of the corner to the folded edge. Make the first two stitches at an incline of 45 degrees, keeping one line, and then grind along the hem.
- When you reach the end of the ribbon, continue to stitch to the upper opposite corner. Leave the ends of the thread free. Then pull up the basting thread at one end and assemble the tape along the entire length.
- From the place where you started to do the basting, wrap the tape once, so you get a bud. Secure it with a few stitches. Twist the tape around the circumference of the central bud, stitching each turn along the line of stitches, it is possible and higher, the main thing is to keep closer to the center. In the course of work, check the core of the flower, its appearance should suit you. Now fasten the end of the thread and ribbon so that the stitches are not conspicuous.
- Fabric flowers
- Napkin flowers
- Paper flowers
Flowers from ribbons: master class
Let's try to make a flower bow. For this you need mattress (or any other) ribbons and plastic stars for folding the bow, which can be cut out of cardboard. For the decoration of the flower, you can take everything that is in stock and will be suitable in color - beads, beads, pearls, rhinestones, buttons, lace, lace, pieces of fabric, etc.
- Take the tape of the required width and wind it over the asterisk. Then the asterisk must be removed, since the tape will cross only on one side, and the other will be free. The intersecting lines of the ribbon in the middle will become the point where the structure will be mounted.
- Having made 4-6 layers, the asterisk needs to be taken out and carefully sewed the product in the center, having fixed the structure, this can be done before taking out the star. Get a flower that can be a little fluff. And you can give it even more volume, for this, take a smaller star and repeat the process.
- When finished, sew both parts together. Now add a decoration to the middle of the flower to hide the stitches in the places of binding - a pearl or a bead will do. You can straighten the petals, in the end you will get a volumetric rosette-bow. She can decorate a gift or clothes.
- In the same way, a brooch with a button is made. A button is sewn at the intersection of the ribbons, and a fastening is made from the inside. Then you should straighten the petals. You can decorate the brooch in a more original way, adding beads and beads to the middle of the flower, trimming it with lace from the outside and the inside, or trimming it with pieces of fabric, in general, try everything that is enough imagination.
Do-it-yourself flowers with satin ribbons and lace can be made as a separate decoration or for decorating other author's works. One craftswoman, for example, makes them to decorate handbags and decor of elegant children's blankets.
- Handmade flower balls
- Crochet flowers do it yourself
- DIY Organza Flowers
Kanzashi Ribbon Flowers
The kanzashi technique produces very unusual and gorgeous flowers. Usually satin ribbons are used for kanzashi flowers, but you can make flowers from patches of organza, chiffon, silk or nylon ribbon. Let's try to make a flower in this style.
You will need: ribbons of any material, thread, needle, candle, scissors, rhinestones or beads.
- Take a wide-sized ribbon and cut it into square patches, burning the cut edges under the flame. Roll the square diagonally and pinch the right corner of the resulting triangle with your finger. Then, wrap one sharp corner and press it to a right angle, then wrap the second corner.
- Now squeeze the folded corners with your fingers and lightly float them over the fire of the candle so that they stick. In the end, you get one petal for kanzashi flower. Make another five or seven petals and collect them on a thread, with the fused edges stringing on the needle. A flower can be made with one tier of petals, or with two or three, as you wish. Center the flower with rhinestones, beads, beads.
How to make flowers from ribbons - rosette
- It is better to start this rose from the middle, holding the ribbons horizontally, turning it from the right corner in a diagonal direction so that one end remains the size of one and a half centimeters. Now take the ribbon in your left hand, and take the rolled end into the right and fold the ribbon clockwise in one turn. Thus, make two turns to get the heart of the rose. Now holding and squeezing the ribbon, pass the needle and thread through all layers of the ribbon. Make a couple more stitches through the same ribbon and leave the thread hanging loose.
- Let's start work on the rose petals. Take the middle of the ribbon in your right hand, bend the upper edge of the ribbon back with one hand and down with the other. Wrap the tape around the center once. Pass the needle through all the layers near the base of the flower. Make a second stitch through all the layers. Wrap the upper edge of the ribbon down and back again. And again wrap the ribbon in the middle of the rose.
- Secure the petals by making a few stitches. Continue so folding the ribbon with turns, until you get a rosette of the size you need. Cut off excess tape. Leave the end of the length of the width of the ribbon and add another half to two centimeters. Bend the tape back and down. Now wrap the ribbon in such a way as to create a semblance of a petal. The thread must be fastened, for this, make a few stitches on the base of the flower. Secure the thread, then cut the excess thread near the base, trying not to touch the stitches.
Flowers from ribbons do it yourself: photo
Flowers from the ribbon with your hands can be any - rose, chamomile, tulip. The main thing is to find time for such a fascinating work and, of course, catch fire on this idea!