It’s never too early and never too late to prepare for a holiday like the New Year. Long before the solemn day in many stores you can find the sale of decorations for Christmas trees and houses made of various materials. Most toys are expensive and follow the same pattern. If you want to save your money and decorate the house and the holiday tree unusually, try making your own toys.
Unusual bells from the egg shell with their own hands
Such decorations will surprise your guests and are suitable not only for decorating the Christmas tree, but also at home.
You will need the following materials:
- Egg shells
- Bandages or gauze to seal the shell
- PVA glue
- Acrylic paints of different colors for coloring finished products
- Ribbons, beads, tinsel and other decorations.
- First you need to strengthen the shell with a bandage so that the bells are durable, they can be used to decorate the Christmas tree is not 1 year. First cut the bandage into thin strips. It takes a lot of stripes. Apply the bandage with overlap on the outer and inner surface of the shell. Leave the blanks until they are completely dry.
- When the gauze is completely dry, start cutting the petals of the bells. The shell has become stronger and now you can not be afraid that the product will break and crumble. Cut the petals with scissors. Do not make them too long and thin, otherwise they may break. You can bend the petals a little out.
- When all the bells are ready they need to be painted. You can use a white primer, if you took the shells of different colors or immediately paint the bells in the desired shade. Leave the blanks until the paint dries, and in the meantime cut the ribbons or thick threads for the laces for which the toys will hang.
- After the paint has dried on the top of the bell, you need to make a hole through which the cord will be passed through. A puncture in the shell is most conveniently performed with a thick needle or an awl.
- On top of the painted gauze you need to stick the pieces of the shell, it is not necessary to observe some order, it will be nice if they are placed randomly.
- When the glue is dry, apply 2 coat of paint. Now you can use mother-of-pearl and shiny paints, as well as sprinkle bells with sparkles or glue beads. Do not use watercolors, they will hold very bad. Ideal - acrylic.
- The final layer will be a clear lacquer for fixing and giving the product a glossy shine. Apply it is not necessary.
- When the paint and varnish are completely dry, thread the tape or cord through the bells.
How to make knitted Christmas trees?
Crocheted Christmas trees look beautiful and original. If you know how to knit, try these decorations.
- Crochet hook (its size should fit the thickness of the thread)
- Beads of white or any other color for the decoration of Christmas trees
- Cotton wool, padding pad or any other stuff for stuffing toys
- 3 shades of green thread
- Waxed gold or silver thick threads
- Thin sewing thread, suitable for the color of Christmas trees
- Sewing needle.
First of all, you need to link a stand for Christmas trees, a tree trunk and a base in the form of a triangle. To perform the basics, the mating technique is used, in which each of the rows is repeated 4 times. Christmas trees will be striped, each strip will consist of 3 rows. Alternate stripes as follows: the darkest shade, medium green, the lightest green. Knitting scheme:
- Perform 5 air loops.
- Make 3 identical rows of dark green threads consisting of 8 columns with no quilting.
- Tie 1 row of 8 non-crocheted posts with a medium green shade.
- Tie 2 rows consisting of 14 single crochets, take also the middle green shade.
- Perform 2 rows of 14 single crochet columns with light green threads.
- Make 1 row of 20 single crochet columns with dark green threads.
Decorate the Christmas tree with beads, curly beads and sequins, place them in the form of garlands and Christmas tree decorations. Sew a large bead to the top of the tree. When you finish decorating, fill the Christmas tree with cotton wool or any other filler.
How to make Christmas toys out of felt?
Felt is a very convenient material for making various handicrafts. You can cut out figures of different shapes from it, it does not crumble and does not require overlapping. Felt makes wonderful and very diverse Christmas decorations and Christmas decorations for the home. Consider how to make a garland and the most simple toys on the Christmas tree from this material.
You will need the following materials:
- Felt or fleece of different colors, for the Christmas theme, 3 different colors are enough: red, green, white.
- A variety of ribbons, braid and cords for decorating toys.
- Beads and large shiny beads.
- Multicolored buttons.
- Sewing thread, needle and scissors.
- First, perform a simple garland.
- Cut a lot of different sized circles out of felt. Their number will depend on the desired length of the garland. To make a garland with a length of 5 m will take from 50 to 70 circles, the diameter of the smallest 3 cm, and the largest 8 cm.
- Place the circles in order, alternating large with small ones and sew them by hand or with a sewing machine. Do not cut the ends of the threads at the beginning of the garland and at the end, they will be needed to secure the ribbons or cords for which the product will hang on the Christmas tree or in the house.
- Tie multicolored ribbons to the free ends of the threads.
- At the place where you plan to place the garland, pull the transparent fishing line and fasten the finished decoration on it.
- Step-by-step instructions for making Christmas tree toys:
- You can also cut balls from felt or any other figures, for example, Christmas trees, stars, snowflakes.
- Now they will need to decorate. For this, sew or glue ribbons, multicolored shiny cords, beads and beads.
- Attach threads to the top of the toys so that they can be hung on the festive Christmas tree.
- You can make from felt and voluminous toys. To do this, simply sew 2 identical parts and fill with cotton wool or any other filler. Volume products will look very nice and original. For decorations, you can use embroidery, sequins and even acrylic paints.
Christmas balls made of wool and felt with your own hands
These toys will look very beautiful and unusual, they are practically indistinguishable from those bought in the store. Making such balls is not at all difficult. The main thing is to be patient and do the work carefully.
- Balls of wool yarn for knitting, the color of the thread does not matter they will not be visible in the finished product.
- Wool for felting green.
- 1 sheet of fine white felt.
- Maroon or red embroidery threads.
- Silk tape for hanging toys.
- White beads for decoration.
- Pins and thin sewing needle.
- Old stocking, nylon sock or golf.
- Make balls from woolen threads, their sizes should be a little less than the desired product.
- Spread a small piece of wool for felting and put on a ball, the wool should cover the ball as evenly as possible from all sides.
- Take another 1 piece of wool and in the same way put it on the 1st layer only in a different direction.
- The whole ball should be covered with several layers of green wool, each layer should be located in a different direction.
- Place the workpiece in a sock or golf and make knots on both sides. You can put a few balls in 1 golf, but they will need to be divided into knots.
- Put a golf ball in a washing machine, and set the mode with a high temperature and gentle spin. Need to add some washing powder for colored clothes.
- After washing, dry the balls well on the battery or at another heat source. Large balls will dry for a very long time, on average, the drying process is delayed for 1-3 days.
- If after washing the balls did not work out perfectly smooth, roll them in your hands and their surface will become even and beautiful.
- Embroider any motif you want on a piece of felt. You can make a snowflake, herringbone, animals, stars and many others. other
- Cut out a circle with embroidery and stitch it with a beautiful seam onto a ball. It will look good obmetochny blanket seam, which is shown in the photo. For convenience, pin a circle with embroidery English pins.
- Decorate the beadwork and sew the ribbon.
- Useful tips for making balls of felt and wool:
- Yarn dyes and wool for felting may be unstable. When washing in the high temperature mode, they shed, so it is recommended to make a test ball and wash it. If the color has not changed, continue to work with these materials and perform a few more toys. If the ball shed, set a lower temperature for the next batch.
- Wash the first ball at a low temperature and check wool for fading. It is quite possible that not very high temperature will be enough for wool. If the wool does not knit, wash the balls again only at a higher temperature.
Christmas toys do it yourself: photo
As you see, it is easy to make beautiful, original and exclusive Christmas tree toys with your own hands. There is a huge space for creativity, you can embody a lot of your own ideas and make unique and inimitable products. In order for toys to serve you not for 1 year, take strong and durable materials for their manufacture. Also, products will require careful storage.