Everyone had to lose his voice in case of a cold; some were forced to go on whispering with laryngitis. But what happens in the body, if the voice is gone, the throat does not hurt, there is no temperature? After all, he could not disappear for no reason? We offer to find out all the possible causes of loss of voice and ways to save the home from such a problem.
The scourge of women - aphonia
Temporary "muteness" associated with loss of voice is a serious problem. And in most cases (90%) women face it. Ladies are at risk, because they often choose their own "vocal professions", they are acutely responsive to stress and have a specific anatomy of the vocal cords. Men ligaments are wide and long, and therefore suffer less. In the fair sex, the voice is higher and thinner, and the vocal cords are shorter and narrower, producing 250-300 oscillations per second. (while men are only 180-250). Conclusion - the load on the ligaments in women is much greater.
Very often, the loss of the ability to speak loudly is not associated with colds and inflammation. It can cause very different factors. Which ones?
What is the reason that the “no reason” voice disappears?
If your voice is taken away from a cold, rheumatism, polyarthritis or laryngitis, then the doctors have no questions. The specialist will easily determine the connection between the underlying disease and aphonia, as there are associated symptoms.
If the patient reports that his voice has disappeared, his throat does not hurt, there is no temperature, then the “kidnapper” will have to be looked for a little longer. So why can you lose your voice without signs of inflammation or SARS? The reasons may be:
- excessive one-time load on the voice and voice apparatus. With a strong cry, singing, you can break the voice;
- constant voice tension associated with the specifics of the work. Teachers, singers, actors, lecturers, and guides suffer from this. Since they have a lot to say (sing) loudly and for a long time, they can form polyps on the vocal cords;
- thyroid abnormalities and complications after surgery on this gland;
- endocrine disorders. This primarily concerns those who suffer from hypothyroidism. In the morning after sleep, they cannot speak at all. It passes in a few hours;
- failure of the central nervous system (in 60% of cases for this reason, women lose their voice). Once in a stressful situation, the body selects a point for maximum damage. The vocal cords are often the "victims";
- gastroesophageal reflux. Aggressive gastric secretion, falling into the esophagus and larynx, burns the vocal cords;
- hypothermia ligaments. This happens if a person has been talking for a long time outside in windy, damp and cold weather;
- trauma of the vocal cords;
- inhalation of toxic substances;
- birth defects of the vocal apparatus;
- hot spice abuse;
- laryngeal tumors. Temperatures in the early stages may not be, but there is a feeling of a foreign object in the throat.
It happens that dysphonia is earned by people whose work has nothing to do with communicating with a large audience. We are talking about athletes (wrestlers, weightlifters, skiers). This is explained by the fact that during workouts they load the muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle - along with them, the muscles of the larynx are overstrained. So ligaments lose mobility, forcing a person to speak lateral parts of the larynx. This pathology is called hypertonus dysphonia.
How to restore voice independently?
If the voice disappears without a reason, but the throat does not hurt, and this is repeated often, then you can not do without examination and medication. If this happened once or you know for sure that the voice was overloaded the day before, then try to restore its normal sound using these methods:
- For you, the saying "Silence is gold." At least for a day, do not talk at all (even in a whisper);
- make a warming compress around your neck;
- drink plenty of fluids (warm water, liquid broths) and moisten the air;
- Do not eat or drink anything hot and too cold. Discard sour, spicy dishes and soda;
- eat warm milk with honey;
- gargle. To do this, you can use a decoction of chamomile, calendula (1 tbsp. 1 tbsp of water), juice of fresh cabbage;
- use rinsing with eucalyptus tincture. Add a few drops of this product to a glass of warm water. Repeat procedures as often as possible;
- put dry mustard in your socks for the night and go to bed;
- take expectorant mixture (any syrup), you can lubricate the throat with Lugol solution;
- Use the recipe of opera singers: take a few raw chicken yolks, mix them with butter and sugar. Eat this healing compound;
- mix 1 l of water, honey, vegetable oil, eucalyptus leaves (take 1 tbsp of all these ingredients), add 3-4 bay leaves, boil it all on low heat for 20 minutes. Inhale with such a composition;
- Boil 100 g of grated carrots in half a liter of milk. When the root is ready, strain the broth. Drink 2 tsp. three times a day;
- make a special composition for the "loss". It is prepared from 50 g of brandy and 3 tsp. honey The composition should also add a couple of drops of lemon juice. Drink a teaspoon in tiny sips;
- Use for treating figs with milk. Pulp one fruit combine with heated milk. Take 1/3 of Art. 2 p. in a day;
- Pair your feet, sleep and take a sedative.
When can not do without the help of doctors?
If the reasons that provoked the loss of vocal functions are nervous breakdowns or improper use of the voice, then the therapy is performed by an otolaryngologist and a psychotherapist. The patient will prescribe sedative, tonic drugs. Breathing exercises will also be assigned. ENT will prescribe lozenges (Lizobact, Decathioen, Septolete), soothing throats, Hexoral, Kameton drugs. Recovery sometimes occurs after 2-3 months.
Spastic aphonia (women from 30 to 40 years of age suffer from it) is treated by introducing botulinum microdoses into the affected ligaments. This relieves spasm for 3-4 months. Then the procedure is repeated.
If the voice disappeared due to reflux esophagitis, then it is necessary to fight the underlying disease. Antacids that neutralize hydrochloric acid and relieve heartburn, prokinetics and drugs that reduce the production of gastric juice will be prescribed.
If it turns out that the reason is hormonal disorders, the endocrinologist will prescribe the appropriate hormones.
If the cause of your “dumbness” lies in more serious pathologies (related to oncology), then surgical intervention and radiation therapy will be needed.
How to always stay in voice?
In order not to lose your voice, before the performance do the appropriate warm-up to warm up the ligaments. Reduce the rate of speech so that you can use more air for each sound. Master the diaphragmatic breathing. Try not to talk for a long time on the street during bad weather. Cultivate stress tolerance.
Remember: if all your attempts failed, and the voice did not return within 3 days, then do not delay the visit to the doctor. As you already understood, the reason for the lack of voice at normal temperature can be serious illnesses. If you often encounter similar problems, then let a specialist find their cause.