Onychomycosis, better known in everyday life as a nail fungus, is familiar to almost every fifth inhabitant of our planet. People consider this disease shameful and in case of its occurrence they are in no hurry to visit a dermatologist. During the lesion of the nail plate with a fungus, a thickening and a change in the chromaticity of the nail is observed. If the disease is started, the nail begins to collapse. There are many ways to treat nail fungus. Let's see why this disease occurs, what are its symptoms and how to cure the fungus with table vinegar.
Why does the fungus appear on the nail?
Onychomycosis of toenails is most common. Of course, first of all, people who have a genetic predisposition are susceptible to this disease. Also, this disease can develop in people with impaired vascular tone. For example, people at risk are those who suffer from heart failure, varicose veins or disorders in the functioning of the endocrine system.
The fungus spreads almost everywhere. You can get this disease anywhere:
- indoor pool, saunas, baths;
- in a sports complex;
- in public transport;
- on the beach, etc.
The appearance of onychomycosis may be due to the following factors:
- wearing tight shoes;
- violation of personal hygiene;
- long wearing of the same shoes (mostly closed type);
- using shoes or clothes of people suffering from onychomycosis.
How to get rid of nail fungus?
When the first symptoms of nail fungus appear (changes in the structure of the nail and its color), you need to contact the attending specialist. There are cases when the pathogens of the fungal infection do not manifest themselves for a long time, therefore the disease proceeds in a latent form and there are no symptoms. The treatment of a fungus of a neglected form can be significantly delayed.
During the examination, the physician should take a scraping from a sore nail and carry out an analysis, as a result of which it is necessary to establish to which group of pathogens a particular fungal microorganism belongs. As practice shows, drug treatment is the use of ointments or taking oral pharmacological agents. For local exposure, you can use special ointments, for example:
If the nail fungus has a running form, then the course of taking pills and carrying out medical procedures is additionally prescribed. For example, you can take baths made from soda-soap solution on your own every day:
- In hot water is added 1 tbsp. l soda and 50 g of soap (better than household).
- The affected nail is lowered into the container for 25 minutes.
After softening, the deformed layer of the nail plate should be carefully cut off with the help of nail accessories. Many people who have suffered such a disease, leave feedback that they cured nail fungus with table vinegar and apple cider vinegar.
How to cure vinegar running fungus form?
There are several recipes for vinegar baths that are used to treat nail fungus. Let's look at them in order.
Recipe number 1
- 0.5 liters of 9% table vinegar.
Mode of application:
- It is necessary to take vinegar and slightly heat it.
- Heated vinegar is poured into the tub and put the affected nail there. It is imperative that the nails are completely immersed in the liquid.
- Keep should be about 15 minutes, then rinse with running water can not.
You can make compresses at night. To do this, just moisten the socks in wine vinegar and put them on the foot. These baths have already been tested by many people who leave only positive feedback. The effectiveness of treatment with vinegar is due to the fact that in an acidic environment fungal microorganisms die.
Recipe number 2
After reviewing user reviews, you can come to the conclusion that the best effect in the fight against the neglected form of nail fungus is achieved with the help of lotions with apple cider vinegar.
Mode of application:
- You need to mix vinegar and iodine in equal proportions.
- Lubricate all affected areas of the nail plate twice a day with this mixture.
- The course of treatment lasts until the full growth of a healthy nail. This mixture can be used for preventive purposes.
Recipe number 3
For the treatment of fungal diseases of the nail plate in various forms, including running, this recipe is perfect.
- sea buckthorn oil, olive or sunflower oil;
- Apple vinegar.
Mode of application:
- Both ingredients are mixed in equal proportions and applied with tampons on the affected nail plate.
- The cotton wool moistened in solution is fixed by a plaster.
- If the fungus has developed on the nails of the toes, then on top it is desirable to wear socks. Such a compress is done at night.
Recipe number 4
Acetic concentrated essence perfectly helps against fungal infections in the running form.
- 2 tbsp. l 70% essence, vodka;
- egg whites - 3 pcs.
Mode of application:
- All this must be thoroughly mixed.
- Apply the mixture to the patient's nail twice a day. The tool must be stored in the refrigerator.
What measures can be taken to prevent the nail plate fungus?
In order for a fungal infection not to touch your nails, you need to follow a number of simple rules every day:
- change socks, stockings, tights;
- wash your feet and hands in a soapy solution twice a day;
- dry your feet after washing;
- not to use someone else's manicure accessories, especially for items that were previously used by people with nails affected by fungus;
- in public places and on beaches do not move barefoot;
- monitor the level of sweating feet and hands;
- wear shoes made from natural materials.
At manifestation of the first signs of a fungal infection by all means contact the attending specialist. Reviews of other people say that vinegar - table, wine or apple, as well as concentrated essence copes with onychomycosis. Before starting this treatment, consult a dermatologist. It is necessary to take into account the individual intolerance of any component of the therapeutic mixture. Redness and peeling may occur on the skin, however this will pass. A slight burning sensation will indicate the destruction of fungal microorganisms. Do not use vinegar if you have wounds or cracks on your feet.