Toksokaroz - a disease belonging to the group of helminth, caused by roundworms of the genus Toxocar, similar to human roundworm.
The diameter of the parasite can reach 0.02 mm. The disease often occurs with damage to the internal organs and eyes. The source of infection for humans is mainly dogs that pollute the soil with tokokar eggs. Most often, toxocariasis affects younger children, but the disease can also develop in adults.
Toxocarosis in humans: symptoms
Toxocarosis can be infected through food, animal dander, dirty hands and contaminated water. The main peak of the disease falls on the summer period, but this does not mean at all that in the other season it is impossible to get infected. The increase in the number of patients with this diagnosis is explained by the fact that in the summer the greatest number of parasites enter the soil.
Children, veterinarians, vendors of vegetable shops, dog breeders, hunters and household plots often fall into the risk group.
In the human body, toxocars periodically crawl from one of the organs to the other. If the patient did not seek help from a doctor, but tried to get rid of the parasites independently, using folk remedies, the disease takes a long and recurring character. The manifestation of toxocariasis depends on the patient's immune system and the severity of the disease.
Symptoms of cutaneous toxocariasis are allergic skin reactions, eczema, swelling, redness and itching in areas of parasite accumulation.
Visceral toxocariasis develops when a large amount of toxocar appears in the body. Usually this form of the disease develops in children, because they have a weakened immunity.
The main symptoms of visceral toxocariasis include the following:
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, etc.
- Cough, shortness of breath, heavy breathing and other problems of the functioning of the respiratory system;
- Enlarged liver;
- Enlarged lymph nodes of the lymphatic system.
Neurological toxocarosis affects the brain. Symptoms of this form of the disease are as follows:
- Bad memory;
- Difficulty reading;
- Nervousness, etc.
If treatment is prescribed too late, it can lead to tissue injury, necrosis, inflammation, hemorrhages, and so forth. If toxocarosis affects the eyes, it can lead to blindness.
Treatment of toxocariasis in adults
- As a rule, medical treatment is used to treat the disease. Doctors can prescribe mintezol at the rate of 25-50 mg (depending on the degree of damage) per 1 kg of weight. The course of treatment with mintesol ranges from 5 to 10 days.
- Another equally effective drug is Vermoxum, which is prescribed 100 mg 2 times a day for 2 to 4 weeks. Sometimes, they can increase the dose of the drug to 300 mg.
- The drug ditrazin citrate, which is prescribed at the rate of 2-6 mg per 1 kg of human body weight, copes well with parasites. The medicine is taken within 2 to 4 weeks.
- In addition to these drugs, doctors may prescribe medamin, mebendazole and teabendazole. These tools are quite effective for the treatment of toxocariasis.
- Ocular toxocariasis is treated by subconjunctival injection of depomedrol. In some cases, surgery may be prescribed.
Toksokaroz: treatment of folk remedies
After the disease is diagnosed, the doctor prescribes medication, which can be supplemented with traditional medicine. Folk remedies can be used with the first signs to prevent further development of the disease. There are several effective folk treatments for toxocariasis.
- Pour 2 tsp. chopped ash bark 400 ml of boiling water. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then wrap the broth with a towel and leave for 1 hour. Drink the broth warm 2 times a day on an empty stomach.
- Pour 2 tsp. chopped root devyasila 400 ml of boiling water, wrap with a towel and leave to infuse for 12 hours. Take the tincture of 3 tbsp. l 5 times a day. The course of treatment is 7 days, after which a break is taken and repeated once more. The treatment is carried out until complete recovery.
- Pour 2 tbsp. l Kislitsy 2 tbsp. boiled water and leave for 3 hours. Take an infusion of 2 tbsp. l 3 times a day. The course of treatment is until recovery, but with interruptions of 5 days.
- Pour 200 ml of boiling water 3 tbsp. l tansy Leave to infuse for 1 hour. Take 1 tbsp. l 4 times a day.
- 1 tbsp. l Tansy flowers, pour a glass of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Strain the broth through a sieve. With the prepared remedy, do enemas once a day, for 7 days.
- Cook 2 heads of peeled garlic in 400 ml of milk. Cool and do enemas for 7 days.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l crushed seeds of wormwood and 100 g of honey. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach before each meal.
Toxocarosis is a common disease that anyone can become infected with. To protect yourself from the disease, follow the rules of personal hygiene, avoid contact with yard dogs and other animals, and use water filters. If you detect symptoms of toxocarosis, be sure to go to the hospital. Self-medication can cause serious complications. Folk remedies can only be used as an adjuvant therapy!