Diarrhea, or in a medical language, diarrhea occurs when the provoking factor causes the muscles of the digestive tract to contract rapidly. Most of us know only one cause of illness - an infectious disease, namely an intestinal infection. But not everything is so simple, and depending on the cause of diarrhea, appropriate treatment is selected.
What are the main causes of diarrhea?
The cause of diarrhea, both in toddlers and in adults, can be stress and increased anxiety. Many of us can remember the morning before an important event, for example, before the exam, when it suddenly catches the stomach.
It is worth noting that the most common cause of the formation of diarrhea are pathogenic microorganisms. Salmonella or staphylococcus, various viruses (rotavirus, etc.) become the most frequent causative agents of intestinal infections. Or it may be food poisoning.
The cause of diarrhea can be special reactions of the body, such as lactose, an enzyme that breaks down sugar in dairy products. Undigested milk sugar causes intestinal spasms, increased flatulence and, accordingly, diarrhea. Do not forget about the side effects of some drugs. They can interfere with normal digestion and cause diarrhea.
Remedies for diarrhea: which one to choose?
- Most often, diarrhea goes away within a few days. If diarrhea is caused by feelings and a stressful situation, then fixative drugs, astringents and sedatives can help.
- In the case of irritable bowel syndrome, the first thing to look for is the reason for its appearance. If it is a dysbacteriosis, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment with probiotics. If diarrhea is triggered by overeating, indigestion, then enzyme preparations can help.
- If diarrhea manifests itself as a side effect of taking medications, then you can not do without consulting a specialist. First of all, you need to talk about the cancellation of funds or its replacement.
- If we are talking about an intestinal infection, then some pills can not do. It is necessary to fear the dehydration of the body, which can be a threat to the health and even the life of the patient. In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the chair itself, and more precisely to its impurities. Blood patches are considered dangerous. In this case, in addition to drugs against diarrhea, concomitant treatment is prescribed.
Tablets "Loperamide": description
Loperamide is available in the form of capsules, as well as a solution that is intended for oral administration. In addition, the drug is made in tablet form. The tool refers to a group of medicines that inhibit intestinal motility. Loperamide suppresses diarrhea by releasing prostaglandin and acetylcholine.
In addition, the drug enhances the tone of the sphincter, which reduces the frequency of the urge to defecate and holding feces. After taking the medicine, its action begins literally in an hour, which is quite fast for a class of antidiarrheal drugs. The duration of stabilization of the chair covers a period of 4 to 6 hours.
Loperamide is indicated for use in the treatment of acute and chronic diarrhea. The drug can be used as an additional remedy for the treatment of intestinal upset, which has an infectious origin. In addition, the tool can be appointed to eliminate all associated diseases of the irritable bowel.
How effective is "levomitsetin"?
Levomycetin belongs to the class of antimicrobial agents, which is effective against a large number of gram-positive and negative microorganisms. It has a bacteriostatic action, and in high concentrations bactericidal against certain strains of bacteria. A significant advantage of this medication is the fact that resistance to it develops slowly.
After oral administration of the drug, its bioavailability is 80% in literally 1 - 3 hours. The agent lasts for 4 - 6 hours.
Proven folk remedies for the treatment of diarrhea:
- Almost all folk remedies for the treatment of diarrhea are based on fixing the chair. For example, one of the most common formulations is a decoction of rye bread. The recipe is quite simple. For broth, you will need dry rye bread or croutons, crackers, which must be soaked in warm water, and left for 15 - 20 minutes. It is necessary to accept during the day. Usually this tool helps for a day.
- Do not forget about herbal medicine, such as wormwood. The most commonly used infusion of wormwood on vodka. Take this tincture is necessary every 3 hours for 20 drops. If the tool can not be made or bought, then you can make a decoction. For this it requires 1 tsp. wormwood 1 tbsp. water, the mixture must be boiled. Take this broth is necessary in the form of heat. You can not add sugar, drink only in its natural form.
- One of the most famous fortifying agents is oak bark. When diarrhea is chronic and lasts more than 2 days. Oak bark can help in all cases. To prepare the broth, you must take a pinch of oak bark, add 1.5 tbsp. water and boil for 8 - 10 min, so that eventually left 1 tbsp. fluid. Take the broth is necessary for 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day.
- In the case of diarrhea in a child, rice can be an excellent fixative. This is one of the safest products for children. In the treatment of diarrhea is used precipitate of boiled rice, which must be filtered through cheesecloth. From diarrhea helps not only the strained residue, but also rice water or rice porridge, which must be cooked in water, without salt.
- Bean flour chowder, bean soup is suitable as a strengthening agent.
- As a medicine for diarrhea, you can take an aqueous solution of potassium permanganate. When cooking, remember that it should be light pink. Before you drink it, you need to make sure that all the crystals are completely dissolved. Most often, a single dose is enough to stop the diarrhea.
- With diarrhea, you need to be very careful about nutrition. Most of the diet should be: slightly boiled rice soup, dry mashed potatoes, thick vegetable soups, with the complete exception of cabbage. You can not remove the bread, but it must be dry. For people with weak intestines, it is recommended to eat garlic - at least once a day.
An intestinal upset can not only disrupt the planned plans, but also develop into a long and serious illness. That is why the treatment of diarrhea should be approached with great responsibility. You can use drugs or folk remedies, but it is better to take them under the supervision of the attending physician.