Staphylococcal infections are called all types of diseases that are caused by the pathogen staphylococcus. These infections are very resistant to various antibiotics, and therefore are in the first place among purulent-inflammatory diseases. Of all the types of staphylococci, golden is considered the most harmful.
Staphylococcus aureus: description
- As a rule, Staphylococcus aureus appears in the armpit and nasal passages, sometimes it can appear in the perineum, larynx, axillary region, scalp, and even in the gastrointestinal tract. Chronic carriers of the disease are employees of medical organizations, drug addicts and patients with atopic dermatitis. In healthy people, staphylococcus usually "settles" in the nose.
- Statistics, which are detected by doctors regarding Staphylococcus aureus, makes you wonder. About 20% of children under two years are carriers of this disease. The pathogen lives in the nasal cavity. And by the age of 4-6, Staphylococcus aureus may occur in 50% of children. Among adults, this percentage ranges from 12 to 50%.
- After postponed hospitalization, the number of sick patients can range from 20 to 30%. To a greater extent this applies to patients who suffer from diabetes, infectious diseases or undergo a procedure for cleansing hemodialysis. Among polyclinic and hospital specialists, the percentage of staphylococcal carriers often reaches 35%.
- The percentage of infection in women after the first period is 5-15%. During the menstrual cycle, this percentage rises and can reach 30%.
- Staphylococcus aureus can cause purulent inflammations or wound infections. Some of Staphylococcus aureus strains have developed resistance to antibiotics, such as for example penicillins and cephalosporins. They are also called methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Every year the number of such strains increases.
- You can become infected with a pathogen in almost any public place. Mortality from Staphylococcus aureus reaches 30%. In general, this microbe is very resistant to various kinds of influences: it is able to withstand temperatures of 150 ° C, does not die in ethyl alcohol, is quietly under direct sunlight for 12 hours, is not afraid of hydrogen peroxide and easily survives even in salty human sweat.
Almost all skin ulcers - boils, barley, boils, carbuncles are caused by golden staphylococcus.. So, it is difficult to find a person who would never attack this infection in his entire life.
Symptoms of Staphylococcus aureus
Consider the most common diseases that Staphylococcus aureus can cause.
- Skin diseases. Depending on the area affected by staphylococcus, skin diseases are divided into cellulitis or abscesses, boils or carbuncles. The boil is characterized by a slight redness, compaction and soreness of the skin; a carbuncle is a more serious disease involving several hair follicles at once. May be accompanied by fever, weakness, loss of strength.
- Abscess- purulent inflammation, which is separated from healthy tissue by the body's defenses. Phlegmon, unlike abscess, do not have clear boundaries and can be much more extensive.
- Damage to the bones and joints. If staphylococcus enters the bone marrow, which can occur during surgery, bone inflammation begins. At the beginning of the disease, the patient may suffer from pain in the muscles, joints, as well as from general weakness. When a focus of inflammation appears, the pain becomes acute and increases with walking. The skin over the affected area is red, swollen and painful. After that, the muscles, the periosteum, the hypoderm may be involved in the inflammation, as a result a fistula forms, and the pus erupts outside.
- Respiratory system. Sore throat, caused by Staphylococcus aureus, usually passes with fever, swollen lymph nodes and a sore throat. On the tonsils often formed purulent plaque, which covers them in whole or in part. Staphylococcus disease can also cause pneumonia. It is characterized by high intoxication, severe disease, shortness of breath and chest pain, as well as frequent formation of ulcers in the respiratory system.
- Gastrointestinal tract.Within a few hours after eating food contaminated with staphylococci, food toxicity appears. The disease occurs with nausea, repeated vomiting and the sudden onset of dry mouth at the beginning. There are also diarrhea and paroxysmal abdominal pain. In extreme cases, dehydration can occur. Characteristic features of the patient are: weakness, sharpened facial features, low blood pressure, pallor, dizziness.
- Toxic shock is the most severe disease that causes Staphylococcus aureus. It begins suddenly and proceeds with fever, dizziness and headache, low blood pressure, palpitations and vomiting. A rash in the form of spots appears throughout the body or in some places. A week later, there is peeling of the skin. In the event that toxic shock is associated with the use of tampons in women, it often goes with purulent secretions.
Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus
It is worth noting that in this case it is inappropriate to engage in self-treatment. Only a doctor can prescribe a particular drug, soIf you have found yourself infected with Staphylococcus aureus, immediately contact a specialist. Even if you are sure that the drug is successfully used in the fight against a specific disease, then it can be used only after consulting a doctor; any medicine is prescribed individually!
If you have skin rashes associated with Staphylococcus aureus, in no case squeeze out acne formations on your own, this can lead to blood poisoning and even death!
But folk remedies in the fight against Staphylococcus aureus it is possible and even necessary to apply!
- Cranberries and honey are excellent for chronic furunculosis. Take 100 ml of honey and 200 g of cranberries, mix with each other. Eat half gruel in the morning on an empty stomach, drinking water, after another half an hour, eat a small portion of the mixture. Eat the rest of the mass throughout the day in between meals. Treatment should be continued for a month.
- Parsley and celery root also do well with chronic infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Take two parsley roots and celery root, then chop on a fine grater, then squeeze the juice out of the gruel. Drink prepared juice every morning on an empty stomach, while breakfast should be no earlier than 40 minutes.
- Treatment of the urinary system caused by chronic staphylococcal infection with drug collection. Mix crushed plants in equal parts: walnut leaves, burdock root, wheatgrass roots, fragrant buds, a white shade, and a tricolor violet. Half a cup of medicinal collection insist two hours, the bay 0.5 liters of boiling water. Then strain and drink the infusion in the intervals between meals for half a glass.
Be serious about staph infections.and do not start treatment until you are sure of the exact diagnosis!