Many do not pay attention to the appearance of acid taste in the mouth, expecting that the problem will be solved by itself. But, if you have a sour taste in your mouth for more than 3-4 days, the reason for its occurrence can be quite serious. Where to find the root of evil and how to cope with the distortion of taste sensations?
Sour taste in the mouth: what does it mean?
Sour taste in the mouth often becomes a kind of reminder that your lifestyle is far from sanitary norms or specific stimuli affect the body, provoking such a reaction. Transient causes of sour taste in the mouth include the following.
- Lack of water in the body. It is well known that 1.5-2 l of water is the daily norm for a person, and in the hot season the amount of water consumed can be increased. Please note: tea, coffee, carbonated drinks do not replenish the supply of water necessary for removing bacteria that acidify the body.
- Improper nutrition. The sour taste in the mouth after eating can have the most elementary reasons: an abundance of sour food, the use of concentrated juices, a sharp transition from one product to another. Observing the rules of nutrition, you quickly get rid of the grind.
- Medication, dietary supplements. Before you apply these tools, you need to carefully read the list of side effects and contraindications, do not self-medicate.
- Viral diseases. Banal SARS or flu can cause a sour taste in the mouth. This symptom will disappear during the treatment of the underlying disease.
- Pregnancy. Future mommies often complain about the edge of edge in the last trimester of an interesting situation. After the birth of the child sour taste "withdraws".
- Smoking. Sour taste in the mouth and white patches on the tongue, consisting of pathogenic bacteria, as well as yellowness of tooth enamel and unpleasant smell from the mouth are true companions of bad habits. If you want to preserve not only beauty and health, but also the natural taste sensations, say goodbye to a cigarette.
Oskomina - a symptom of chronic diseases
Do not be frivolous if you consistently feel a sour taste in your mouth. The reason, the treatment of this trouble is very important for you, because the edge of the teeth may be the beginning of health problems or a signal of an already developed chronic disease. To find out what disease is being discussed, you need to analyze the additional symptoms of your illness.
Common violations of the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, causing malnutrition:
- inflammation of the gastric mucosa (gastritis);
- gastroesophageal reflux (gastric juice entering the esophagus);
- stomach ulcer.
When gastritis with high acidity, in addition to the sour taste and plaque on the tongue, you will begin to disturb:
- pain in the stomach;
- loss of appetite.
To relieve inflammation of the gastric mucosa, complex treatment is necessary: Ranitidine, Fosfalyugel to normalize the secretion of the stomach, to improve the digestion of food - Mezim or Festal. This recipe is supplemented with antibiotics, for example, Amoxicillin.
If the esophagus erodes the gastric juice, you will feel heartburn, nausea, belching. In this case, you need:
- lift the headboard of your bed;
- do not pinch the body too tight clothes;
- avoid overwork, heavy physical labor.
Medicines that help with this disease are Famotidine and Renny, Gastal.
A stomach ulcer in the period of autumn or spring exacerbation makes itself felt by the appearance of:
Eating is accompanied by acute pain in the stomach. In this case, doctors recommend taking antibiotics, antacids, antispasmodics.
If you have not had a sour taste in your mouth for more than a week, the reason should be installed in the clinic. Remember: only a qualified specialist should diagnose and treat the disease.
Can there be a sour taste in the mouth, if everything is normal with the digestive system?
Taste of acid in the mouth can cause problems unrelated to the work of the gastrointestinal tract:
- liver overload;
- oral candidiasis;
- weakening of the immune system;
- diseases of the teeth and gums.
The following additional signs indicate that the liver is too heavy:
- heaviness in the stomach;
- poor appetite;
- skin rashes;
- abdominal pain;
To adjust the work of the liver, limit the use of smoked meat, salted and fatty foods, alcohol, eat at regular intervals.
Oral candidiasis is manifested:
- the formation of ulcers and abscesses in the mouth;
- the appearance of white bloom on the tongue.
With these symptoms, the doctor will probably prescribe antifungal drugs for you.
Ulceration of the oral mucosa occurs with weakened immunity, so you should think about changing lifestyle, taking vitamins and immune-strengthening drugs. Also do not forget to regularly visit the dentist.
Ways to eliminate the sour taste in the mouth
To eliminate discomfort, try:
- daily use a product containing lactic acid bacteria, normalizing digestion: natural yogurts without sugar, sour cream;
- drink lemon juice with a small amount of soda in the morning;
- consume more fresh vegetables and fruits;
- performing hygiene measures of the oral cavity, thoroughly clean the tongue;
- rinse your mouth with broths of medicinal plants, for example, Hypericum, calendula, chamomile, with the addition of alcohol.
A taste of acid in the mouth can be a symptom of various diseases. Find out the reason for the appearance of Oskomina, follow the doctor's instructions. Remember: both transient causes and pathologies of a different nature are equally well treatable, you just need to start taking care of your health only in time.