The respiratory system is designed so that it is considered the most susceptible to infectious diseases. Any cold can lead to pneumonia. The main signs of pneumonia in adults are chest pain, cough and fever. Basically, pneumonia occurs after complications and long-term treatment of colds. Signs of a large number, and they all depend on many factors.
Types of pneumonia
There are several types of pneumonia:
Focal pneumonia is the so-called inflammatory process that affects the alveoli. Interstitial pneumonia affects the intermediate lung tissue. Croupous pneumonia - instantly captures the lobe of the lung from the concomitant plume.
During the diagnosis of pneumonia, the degree of its severity is also determined. It is light and heavy. The occurrence of the disease is caused by pathogenic pathogens of the lungs. All types of pathogens depend on the type of pneumonia.
The main causative agents of pneumonia are usually mycoplasma, streptococci, chlamydia, anaerobes, various viruses.
Pneumonia is a non-communicable disease, but can also be transmitted by airborne droplets. In addition to this method of transmission of pneumonia, pneumonia in adults can occur due to smoking, alcohol abuse, chronic lung disease or nasopharynx.
The main symptoms of pneumonia in adults
- Cough. It is either wet or dry. First it is dry. When coughing can be very sharp pains in the chest or in the side.
- Rusty sputum. The phlegm of this color indicates that the patient has lobar sputum, and you should see a doctor soon.
- Blood sputum. This is the most serious symptom. Self-medication will not help here and it is better not to resort to it at all, you can worsen your health even more. You should contact the hospital for specialized medical care. This type of pneumonia is caused by Friedlander wand. Such a wand can not be removed at home.
- Purulent sputum. Caused by streptococcus. If the sputum has an unpleasant smell, this means that purulent foci have appeared, and the disease develops.
- Hemoptysis. If at the same time the patient has chest pains, it means that a lung infarction has occurred.
- Chest pain is the most common symptom of pneumonia in adults. This pain is manifested in full when breathing and coughing.
- Dyspnea. With pneumonia, there is a very large lack of air.
- Temperature. Usually the temperature very quickly rises to 39-40 degrees. And sometimes it can be insignificant, the patient feels chills and malaise, decreases appetite, vomiting appears.
Each of these symptoms requires a visit to a doctor.Inflammation of the lungs, unlike the common cold, cannot be cured on your own at home. Despite the fact that now with the development of medicine, the death rate from it has decreased, it is not necessary to self-medicate, with timely treatment to the doctor, pneumonia is treated fairly quickly and successfully.
What else are symptoms of pneumonia in adults?
- Croupous lung inflammation in adults is characterized by a sharp rise in temperature up to 400With sweating and chills. Together with the temperature there is a significant weakness, lethargy, headache. When the disease is neglected, there may be confusion, stupidity, severe headache and vomiting. Early acute chest pain occurs.
- In some cases, in the event of pneumonia in adults, it is severe chest pain that becomes the main symptom, which indicates the need for immediate treatment of medical care. The peculiarity of this pain is its connection with cough and breathing, which is expressed in the intensification of pain during a cough push and inhale. In the first days of the disease, a cough with a rusty sputum may occur. Sometimes bubbles appear on the lips.
- In chronic diseases of the respiratory tract, bronchitis, heart failure and other serious diseases most often occurs focal pneumonia. With this type of pneumonia, the temperature does not rise above 38.50C, there is a cough - dry, or with mucous sputum, sometimes with the cough may cause pain.
- TO signs of pneumonia in adults that can be identified at home, include shortness of breath, pain when breathing, wheezing, mucus secretion. TO pulmonary signs of pneumonia - chills, fever, sweating, headache, tachycardia, skin rash, diarrhea, damage to the mucous membranes of the eyes.
- In elderly people, symptoms that may indicate a disease of pneumonia include drowsiness, increasing weakness, indifference, refusal to eat, significant shortness of breath, moist rales, and a one-sided blush will appear on the cheeks.
It is a pity that almost every one of us is familiar with diseases of the respiratory tract. One of the most common forms of respiratory diseases to this day is pneumonia. Such a disease in adults is little noticeable in the initial stages of its development, therefore pneumonia begins to seriously threaten human health. Do not let this disease take its course, you are treated in time and be healthy!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Alenka, Julia