A shepherd's purse (or handbag) is a medicinal plant that can be found at every summer cottage. Many gardeners are not even aware of the beneficial properties of the plant. A characteristic feature of the shepherd's bag are its fruits - they are triangular in shape with small flowers of white and yellow color. For therapeutic purposes, use the ground part of the plant - the stems, fruits and flowers. It is recommended to harvest raw materials in spring, during flowering.
Shepherd's bag ordinary: medicinal properties
The shepherd's purse is the most common plant used for medicinal purposes. It consists of proteins, carbohydrates, tannins, saponins, various acids, choline and acetylcholine, ramoglycoside gissopina, bursa acid and a mass of vitamins (A, B, C and K). Shepherd's bag seeds contain about 20% fatty oil and some allyl mustard oil.
Since ancient times, the shepherd's purse has been famous for its hemostatic and astringent properties, because of which it has been used to stop internal and uterine bleeding. Today, the shepherd's herb bag is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders and hypertension, as a diuretic and antipyretic. It is often prescribed for uterine atony, pyelonephritis, cystitis and urolithiasis.
The plant is able to clean the blood and expand blood vessels, remove and neutralize toxins after the use of cancer drugs. Often I use the shepherd's bag during fever to reduce fever and other symptoms. Due to its composition, the plant stabilizes blood pressure, therefore it is useful for hypertensive patients.
The shepherd's purse has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties, so its effectiveness has been seen in the treatment of wounds and injuries. Recently, the handbag is used as a means of leveling and regulating pressure, with a weak heart, especially in the elderly. The plant is well washed with poorly healing wounds and bruises, as well as rinsing the mouth with infections of the mucous.
In the form of decoctions, the shepherd's bag is taken during kidney disease, diarrhea and feverish conditions. The plant extract is used as a strong astringent, and the juice is taken for tuberculosis.
Application in gynecology
A special place shepherd's bag is in the treatment of gynecological diseases. It is often prescribed for pregnant women with severe toxemia and vomiting, for postpartum hemorrhages and for menopause and metrorrhagia. It is said that in ancient times shepherd's juice was used as a contraceptive and to delay ovulation.
The handbag is useful for metabolic disorders, because it contains a lot of minerals. Effectively shepherd's bag treatment for endometriosis, while you do not have to take expensive hormones. The grass definitely helps girls with irregular periods, which are characterized by pain and profusion. When properly used with a shepherd's bag, you can normalize the menstrual cycle and reduce the amount of blood secreted to normal.
Recipes for healing infusions
- Juice - squeeze the sap of the plant, dilute it with boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio. Take 3 times a day, 40 drops per 1 tbsp.
- Tea - pour 2 tsp. dried grass 200 ml of hot water, leave for 10 minutes, then strain. Drink herbal tea for prevention, but more than 2 tbsp. a day to drink is not recommended.
- Tincture - Pour 1 tbsp. herbs 200 ml warm water, leave for an hour. Drink tinctures with renal, gastric, nasal, pulmonary and uterine bleeding after an abortion or childbirth 3 times a day, 1 tbsp.
- Alcohol tincture - chop the grass, fill it with 70% alcohol or vodka in the ratio of 1:10. Leave in a warm place for 2 weeks, then strain. Take it with 1 tsp. water 30 drops 3 times a day. This tincture is great for diarrhea, vomiting, gastritis, intestinal atony, and stomach and liver diseases.
- Decoction - Pour 2 tbsp. fresh herbs 200 ml of boiled water. Leave for 40 minutes, strain. This decoction is used for external use for wounds, bruises, ulcers, edema, etc.
Shepherd's purse: contraindications
Despite the large number of useful properties, the plant has its own contraindications:
- Pregnancy (although many experts prescribe it in case of severe toxicosis and vomiting);
- Increased blood clotting;
- Hypersensitivity to the plant;
- Thrombophlebitis and thrombosis.
Even if you do not fall into the risk group for contraindications, consult your doctor before use. In any case, it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage of medicinal herbs, since overdose can provoke nephritis and bloody diarrhea.
Shepherd's purse is a useful medicinal herb that is widely distributed in Russia. It can be found in almost any region, exceptions are only the Arctic regions of our homeland. This plant is rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other useful substances. Take the bag to the shepherd only if necessary and after consulting a doctor!