The skin of the hands is most affected by the environment. Temperature fluctuations, household chemicals, water, sun, wind, rain - all this affects the beauty and appearance of the hands. This often leads to such a problem as peeling of the skin on the palms.
Peeling skin on the palms: causes
The skin on the palms can flake for many reasons. Home - this is the wrong choice or aggressive detergents and cosmetics. For example, if you started using antibacterial soap, your hands will most likely begin to peel off. This soap washes away the protective barrier that resists microbes and prevents skin dehydration. Sometimes peeling of skin on hands due to poor quality hand cream or frequent use of scrubs.
- Peeling skin on hands It may be caused by the fact that you wash the dishes or do cleaning with detergents without using gloves. Often in such tools are components that corrode the skin of the hands, causing it to peel.
- Avitaminosis can also cause problems. Often for this reason, the palms flake in the spring, when after winter the body is depleted. In this case, it is enough to drink a course of vitamins. Dryness and flaking of the skin can be caused by cold or frost. In this case, you need to protect your hands from the cold, lubricating them with a fat cream and putting on gloves or mittens.
- If the palms are peeling off with large scales, this may be a sign of such a serious disease as a fungus. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor and begin medical treatment so that the disease does not develop further.
How to get rid of peeling: effective ways
- From peeling skin can get rid at home. If the unpleasant symptom is accompanied by itching, take an antihistamine. It will relieve irritation for a while. However, for a month, stop direct contact with aggressive detergents using gloves.
- If on the eve you used antibacterial soap and itch caused by it, it is enough to moisturize your hands with a cream. Stop the choice on creams of a dense consistence - they cover skin with a protective film. If you are allergic to cosmetics, it is recommended to use baby creams with sage and chamomile. Especially these creams are effective if applied after a bath before bedtime.
- If the cream does not cope with peeling, refer to additional procedures: masks, compresses, baths. Are effective baths with sea salt or lemon juice. Hands are immersed in the brine for 30 minutes, then wipe them dry with a soft towel. You can make baths with warm olive (or other vegetable) oil. Immerse your hands in warm oil for half an hour. Rinse off the remnants of warm water, dry your hands with a towel and grease with nourishing cream.
- Masks much more effective than baths and creams. They are highly nutritious, penetrate deep into the skin, enriching it with essential substances. The sea buckthorn oil mask has proven itself well: mix 3 tbsp. pumpkin juice with 125 ml of sea buckthorn oil. Beat the resulting mass, apply it on the skin of the hands. After half an hour, wash off the mask with warm water and blot your hands with a towel.
- Mask of oatmeal. Mix oatmeal, olive oil, milk and honey in a ratio of 6: 2: 2: 1. Apply the prepared mass to your hands. After 1 hour, rinse with warm water and apply a nourishing cream on your hands.
- Prepare a healing ointment.To do this, mix in equal proportions of flaxseed oil and honey, adding 1 yolk. Whisk everything and apply on skin. After 30 minutes, rinse with warm water and brush your hands with cream.
- Mix honey in equal proportions with cosmetic milk and men's cologne. Liberally grease with hands, wear gloves and leave overnight. In the morning, rinse with warm water and apply cream.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, put it on your hands, put on gloves. After 2 hours, wash off the mask with warm water and use a nourishing cream to consolidate the effect.
- Mix a glass of sour cream, egg yolk and a couple of drops of lemon juice. Apply the mixture to gauze and place on the palm of your hand. It is advisable to wrap the gauze with cellophane and wrap with a towel. Smetannuyu mask wash off with a cotton swab after 20 - 30 minutes.
Causes of skin peeling: prevention
So that the skin on your hands and palms does not peel, and you do not have to think about how to get rid of the disease, you must follow the preventive measures:
- Do housework, clean and wash dishes with gloves only;
- When buying cosmetics, give preference to hypoallergenic products;
- Daily care for your hands: moisturize, nourish and clean. Such procedures will reduce the risk of peeling;
- Use antibacterial soap only when necessary, without turning it into a habit.
Hands can tell a lot about a person. Often it is when looking at them that the first, often the most important, opinion about the interlocutor is formed. Peeling the skin on the palms - an annoying little thing that can ruin even the most thoughtful image. Do not leave a solution to the problem for later. Timely care and proper treatment will help to easily remedy the situation!