Pain in the right side can be the cause of various diseases, which tell the nature of the pain, the general condition of the person and his medical history. Be careful, this symptom can signal serious diseases or injuries of important organs.
Sore right side under the ribs: causes
- An appendix (cecum) can cause pain. As a rule, when the pain appears under the right edge, the first diagnosis is appendicitis, and they do not remove it until they discover other causes. At the very first signs of appendicitis - sharp pains in the right side - you should quickly contact the doctor, since the rupture of the appendix can be fatal.
- For any discomfort, you must consult a doctor. Getting the right treatment started in time can help avoid many complications. If you have a sick right side, you should consult with a therapist, surgeon, endocrinologist, infectious diseases specialist, traumatologist, and also a cardiologist. Only a professional will be able to identify the cause of the pain and prescribe the correct treatment.
- Women, do not forget that one of the causes of pain on the right side of the abdomen, may be an ectopic pregnancy. This happens when the fetus begins to grow and develop right in the fallopian tube. Such pain may also be a symptom of a cyst, tumor of the fallopian tube or ovary. Therefore, a visit to the gynecologist is also required.
Colitis right side under the edge
The diaphragm can also cause pain under the ribs. Diseases of the diaphragm itself are very rare, and most of the pain in the right hypochondrium is caused by the fact that the organs adjacent to it in a number of diseases simply change their size and thereby put pressure on it. Also, the pressure on the diaphragm is always exerted and increasing in size of the uterus during pregnancy. If these factors are absent, colic occurs due to the following diseases:
- diffragmatitis - a disease of unknown etiology;
- diaphragmatic hernia;
- thinning of the right dome of the diaphragm (a very rare disease);
- abdominal injury may rupture the diaphragm.
Whine right side under the ribs
When the liver causes pain in the right hypochondrium, malaise usually occurs for the following reasons:
- viral diseases, mainly hepatitis of groups A, B or C;
- Lifestyle - excessive alcohol abuse (so-called alcoholic hepatitis), smoking, and frequent consumption of fatty and very spicy foods affect our liver very badly;
- drug poisoning - some drugs can cause toxic hepatitis;
- cardiac diseases - in this case, the right side of the ribs under the ribs due to the fact that the heart muscle due to insufficiency ceases to fully perform the functions assigned to it, then in the liver there is stagnation of blood, causing the body to stretch, causing pain.
Pulls the right side under the ribs
Gallbladder - can also cause pain under the ribs. Bile produces the liver. This substance plays a crucial role in the digestion of food, breaks down fats. Excess bile enters the gallbladder. In the case of frequent consumption of too fatty foods, the gallbladder begins to inject its contents into the intestines. In this case, in the case of any infection or stones in the gallbladder, there is pain in the right hypochondrium, signaling to you that organs are not working properly.
The pancreas can also cause pain under the ribs. The organ is located deep in the abdominal cavity and is part of the endocrine system. Its main function is the production of insulin and various digestive enzymes. If the right side pains under the ribs, accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sweating, this may indicate a so-called inflammation of the pancreas, pancreatitis, resulting in:
- excessive drinking;
- complications of various diseases of the gallbladder (cholelithiasis);
- complications after operations on the biliary tract and stomach;
- in very rare cases - with abdominal injuries, infections, metabolic disorders.
For any discomfort associated with pain in the right side of the abdomen, you should consult a doctor to avoid more serious problems. If you are pulling, pricking or whining right side under the ribs, you should consult with your doctor. In case of acute pain, immediately call an ambulance. Only a specialist will identify the real cause of pain and prescribe the right treatment.