Olive oil is becoming increasingly popular. The harm and benefits of this product for health and beauty is a matter of concern to almost every buyer. How to get the "right" oil, how to choose it and how to take it?
How to choose a product?
Olive oil as a product and cosmetic known since the time of the pyramids. Wrung out from specially processed fruits, it becomes the elixir of youth and beauty. A good product has a color that can vary from golden to dark green, and a slight bitterness. Its use and harm depends on how olive oil is produced, as well as its use. Refer to the labels on the label.
- The inscription extra virgin (vergine, vierge) will tell you that this is a high-quality product of the first cold-pressing with almost perfect taste and aroma. This is unrefined oil containing the most complete set of vitamins and trace elements. It is suitable for refilling light dietary salads, and for cosmetic procedures.
- Refined - is refined, refined oil, which is suitable for frying. It is established that the product from olive starts to burn only at 240 degrees and is practically not susceptible to oxidation. It has a neutral taste and can be stored for a long time. True, there are not many vitamins in it.
- The cheapest olive oil is oilcake (pomace). It is not worth buying it, because from the top-class product there is only taste in it, and that leaves much to be desired.
If you want fewer carcinogens to form in the product, use olive oil.
Harm and Benefit for good health
Olive oil contains vitamins E (rejuvenates cells), F, A, D, K, group B, linoleic (good for muscle, eyesight) and oleic (prevents the development of tumors) acids, unsaturated fats and omega-3 and omega-fatty acids 6 It is easily absorbed by the body.
All this makes olive oil a valuable product not only in the kitchen, but also in the naturopath's arsenal. They not only fill the dishes - it is taken on an empty stomach in its pure form for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and circulatory system. Even in antiquity, it was observed that the product has a beneficial effect on the psyche and reduces appetite. True, this only applies to unrefined olive oil, its benefits (and harm). Oil is useful to those for whom the development of bone tissue is important: children, pregnant women, women in menopause, after bone fractures. Its regular consumption reduces the risk of developing cancer, including breast cancer.
How to take it in specific situations?
- For general recovery, take in the morning on an empty stomach 1-2 tbsp. l This will give a light laxative effect and saturate the body with useful substances.
- With gastritis and frequent heartburn, you can take a spoonful of butter shortly before meals.
- To combat cough, use a mixture of butter, honey and egg yolks (in equal amounts). This tool is used for 2 tsp. 2 times a day.
- Mix in equal parts with honey and lemon juice will remove slags and toxins and clean the intestines. You can cook the mixture for several days, just heat it before use. You will need to take a tablespoon in the morning for a month.
- Remember the bottle from the kitchen and for colds, ear pain, runny nose. Pure oil can be instilled into the ears, and oil infusion of wild rosemary is useful for treating rhinitis (to 100 g of olive oil, add a tablespoon with the top of crushed herbs, leave for 21 days).
- When constipation make oil enemas, the recipe for which is a glass of warm water, 4 tsp. oils and yolk.
- It is possible to relieve the course of hemorrhoids by applying a cotton swab moistened in oil with honey for 10 minutes every day.
However, olive oil can carry both benefits and harm to the body. The threat is associated with high calorie and its choleretic properties. With great care should take this natural remedy to people who have gallstones, suffering from cholecystitis. Before starting treatment, it is better to consult a doctor.
Olive oil for beauty
If olive oil is used for the face, the benefits and harms it brings with it are related to its rich composition and fat content. Do not use the product in its pure form for people suffering from excessive activity of the sebaceous glands and acne. But for everyone else, this is a real elixir of youth due to the antioxidants it contains.
With the help of olive oil, applied to a cotton pad, you can remove cosmetics. If you apply it externally, it will not only retain the natural moisture in the skin, but will also fight free radicals, accelerating the processes of fading. Squalene and squalane contained in the oil smooth fine wrinkles - it can even be applied on the skin around the eyes. In addition, this gift of nature protects the skin from the negative effects of ultraviolet radiation and can be an excellent tool for an even tan. It will help those who struggle with stretch marks on the skin, as well as wounds, burns.
In home cosmetology, you can use homemade products containing olive oil.
- Mask of fat cottage cheese (1 tablespoon) and olive oil (2 tablespoons) will soften dry and scaly skin.
- For fading skin, a honey + curd + olive oil mask is suitable.
- To give a dull skin radiance, use masks from olive oil and pulp of citrus or berries.
- For dry hair are good wraps with a heated agent. But do not apply it on the scalp, if it is prone to fat! To the hair mask, you can add the usual lemon (add shine) and yolk (nourish).
- The excess water will be removed, the skin will be moistened and the figure will be adjusted, and after prolonged use, the stretch marks will be smoothed and the cellulite wrapped with olive oil. To do this, mix in equal parts of it, salt and hot water. Apply the mixture to problem areas, wrap them in cling film and put on soft and warm clothes. After 20 minutes, take a shower.
On the Internet you can find a lot of ratings and opinions about olive oil, its benefits and harms. Feedback is more often positive. Housewives say that it has a bright taste, like households in salads. From the standpoint of not cooking, but the beauty of a woman notes an improvement in her hair, skin and nails thanks to the use of a spoon of oil in the morning on an empty stomach. A positive effect from the external use of the product for cosmetic purposes is noted in the reviews.
Olive oil is not only a risotto dressing. It is also a cosmetic product, and an effective medicine for many ailments, a means of prevention. Do you still doubt whether to put it in your basket during the next visit to the supermarket? In vain. Choose high-quality oil - and it will save your youth and beauty!