The basis of the ointment and cream "Triderm" is a hormone of synthetic origin from the group of glucocorticosteroids - betamethasone dipropionate. Like other representatives of this category, it has anti-inflammatory properties, as well as relieves itching and levels the body's response to allergens. This tool is important for people of any age, but the particular composition imposes some restrictions on its use. Should I start therapy with “Triderm”, and to whom is it indicated?
Indications for use of Triderm ointment and the main characteristics of the drug
In addition to the already mentioned betamethasone, clotrimazole and gentamicin, which is an antibiotic, are observed in the composition of the drug, which causes the vasoconstrictor effect of the drug.
At the same time, like any hormone, betamethasone is not only addictive with long-term use, but also provokes a negative skin reaction - perioral dermatitis, which is almost not amenable to treatment. For this reason, the use of "Triderma" should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist and strictly according to the instructions.
Indications for the use of ointments and creams are:
- Dermatitis complicated by secondary fungal infection (nervous, atopic, etc.);
- Diffuse atopic dermatitis and ringworm;
- Any genesis;
- Eczema, epidermothypia of feet.
It is noteworthy that the use of "Triderma" on ordinary herpes is highly undesirable, since it leads to the opposite effect. Also among the contraindications is chicken pox, any skin manifestations of syphilis.
Doctors draw the attention of patients to the fact that the remedy can be used with caution in complex therapy against otitis of the external ear: the ointment is applied twice a day, for a week or a shorter period.
- Is "Triderm" treatment allowed in pregnant women and nursing mothers? Experts believe that there are no serious reasons for inadmissibility, but it is desirable to observe the precautions specified in the instructions. In addition, due to the active absorption of Triderma components into the blood, it is required to refuse breastfeeding for the duration of therapy, and not to apply an ointment or cream in the 3rd trimester.
- In children, the drug can be used from the age of 2, however, the agent should not remain on the skin for more than 1.5-2 hours, and can also be used only one time per day, and the course of treatment is limited to a week. Such requirements are due to a more active penetration of the drug into the blood than in adults.
- It is important to know that swelling of the face and limbs, increased intracranial pressure, a malfunction of the adrenal glands, the lack of weight gain and height can be seen as side effects of Triderm in children.
The method of using ointment or cream in adults depends on the problem that needs to be solved. It should be remembered that the tool is not applied to the area around the eyes, as well as at the slightest signs of an allergic reaction, it is removed from the skin and stop therapy.
- For treatment with Triderm, a small amount of the product is applied locally to the affected area (no open wounds), and a narrow halo of healthy skin around this area is affected. The use of double - morning and evening, the course can last up to 4 weeks. However, if after this period no tendency to improve the condition of the skin is noticed, the therapy is stopped.
Analogs of the drug
Due to the high cost of the drug, as well as its hormonal basis, consumers often begin to search for analogues or substitutes for Triderm ointment. What should I ask at the pharmacy?
- "Akriderm SK"The same" Triderm ", but manufactured by another manufacturer, as a result, has a low cost. By chemical composition, the concentration of active substances and even contraindications are identical to Triderm."
- "Candidate"Close to" Triderm "in composition, but the main active ingredient is beclomethasone. The remaining components are identical, the spectrum of action is almost indistinguishable from what is inherent in" Triderm ", but cream is undesirable for children under 7 years of age.
- "Elidel"The main non-hormonal analogue" Triderma ", working at the expense of pimecrolimus. It has the same antiseptic effect, is allowed for use in newborns, as well as during lactation. Almost completely safe.
- "Dermokas". The drug is of Ukrainian production, in addition to the glucocorticosteroid, it has miconazole nitrate, which makes its range of effects wider.
- "Locoid". The last high-quality analogue working on hydrocortisone. It does not suppress the function of the adrenal glands, focused on dermatitis and eczema. An important point - the lack of recorded cases of overdose.
What is better - cream or Triderm ointment? If we consider the chemical composition of the funds, it is almost identical, especially in the concentration of active substances. The main difference is faster absorption of the cream, as well as its ability to dry wet areas. Ointment, by virtue of the characteristics of the composition (for auxiliary substances) is well suited for sensitive skin. Otherwise, there is no difference between these dosage forms.