The skin plays an important role in the functioning of the human body - it protects against harmful factors, participates in the metabolism, thermoregulation, through it oxygen enters the tissues. Therefore, it is important that it be healthy.
For women, especially important and the external condition of the skin. Therefore, any defects of the epidermis should be considered as cosmetic and medical problems.
A widespread defect of the skin is - excessive keratinization. This condition of the skin is called keratosis.
Keratosis - compaction, keratinization of the upper layer of the skin, characteristic of a number of non-inflammatory diseases.
There are different types of keratoses:
Follicular keratosis -common disease. In this case, the dead cells are separated from the upper layer of the skin and plugs are formed, covering the bases of the hair growth. This leads to the formation of nodules on the shoulders, buttock, neck, face, abdomen, hips, armpits.
This type of keratosis often manifests itself in cold weather, and in summer its manifestations disappear. Only a small trace of nodules remains, a so-called cosmetic defect.
The disease lasts a long time, but does not bring any pain, until the keratotic nodule does not grow more than 3 mm.
Inflammation of follicular keratosis provokes poor diet (when eating allergenic products), the nodules begin to redden and itch. A dermatologist may advise you to wait until the itching subsides on his own or to use a rich cream to soften the skin. The inflammation often disappears spontaneously.
Also, the palm-plantar keratosis can appear on the palms, soles in the form of infectious foci of inflammation. They appear after postponed infectious diseases:
- sore throats
- syphilis dr.
Seborrheic keratosis- This is a benign neoplasm of the skin. Many people over 40 have signs of this disease. It is expressed in small spots on the skin from 1 mm to 2 cm. The color of the formations is solid, black, brown.
Neoplasms may be flat or convex. Seborrheic keratosis is usually observed in the chest, neck, face and any other parts of the body, except for the palms and soles. The place where the tumor appeared, can itch.
Keratosis develops slowly to several decades. Most often, once arisen, he becomes chronic. Seborrheic keratosis does not degenerate into cancer, but a malignant tumor can be masked as this harmless skin defect.
The causes of the disease is still not fully understood. Previously, scientists have assumed that the reason lies in the papiloma virus, but then this version was refuted. It has not been proven that keratosis develops under the influence of sunlight.-
The factors favoring the appearance of tumors on the skin include:
- Age and genetic predisposition.
- As a rule, seborrheic keratosis does not bring any discomfort. But sometimes tumors can interfere, grow quickly, then be sure to consult a doctor.
Need to see a doctor:
- If the tumor is traumatized by clothing.
- If the affected area is inflamed, bleeds, causes other discomfort.
- If education began to grow rapidly.
- If you are at risk of skin cancer.
- If education is in a prominent place and prevents you from an aesthetic point of view.
Skin keratosis: photo
Skin keratosis: treatment
Since the causes of the disease are unknown, then the symptoms of keratosis are mainly treated. For the treatment of callosities of the soles of the feet, you can use special ointments, due to which the corns will decrease and will not cause discomfort. Also be sure to stick to a diet, consume vitamin A, B, ascorbic acid.
- Freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryodestruction). This method is not suitable for large formations.
- Chemical coagulation
- Cleaning the surface with a special tool
- Laser surgery
To appoint which type of intervention is appropriate in your case, should the doctor.
Keratosis: treatment of folk remedies
Mandatory treatments should be recommended by a doctor. But there are still popular methods of getting rid of signs of the disease.
- Lotions on the problem area of undiluted apple cider vinegar. The procedure should be carried out 6 times a day, the last - before bedtime.
- Fresh yeast brew. When she rises, make a cake of medium size and impose it on a sore point. Remove the compress after 2 hours, rinse with warm water. After 3-5 days, the symptoms of the disease will disappear.
- A decoction of 1 tbsp. buckwheat for 2 tbsp. water. Means wipe the affected places.
- Tar is mixed with butter. This ointment is used for night dressings against follicular keratosis.
- Infusions and decoctions of burdock are applied to problem areas, make washes and compresses.
- Newspaper ash is also used, which should immediately be applied, lubricating the affected area. In simple cases it helps after 2-3 procedures.
- Aloe should be applied to the foci of inflammation, cover with a bandage and polyethylene, leave overnight. In the morning, remove the remedy and wipe the inflammation with salicylic alcohol.
- Onion peel pour 1 tbsp. vinegar, leave to brew in a dark place for 2 weeks. Then we filter and make lotions for 30 minutes. Every day, you need to increase the time for another 30 minutes, up to 3 hours.
- Grated potatoes are applied to gauze (bandage) and applied to the sore spot for 1 hour. The procedure is recommended to do 3 times.
When keratosis is detected, it must be treated, otherwise it can give complications in the form of a combination of lesions, irritation, and the appearance of scars. In addition, the running forms are more difficult to treat. If the tumor interferes, becomes inflamed, or is visible, it can be removed. Follow the condition of your skin, give her health and beauty!