One of the best ways to alleviate the condition of a cold child is inhalation with saline. But before using this method, you need to consult with a pediatrician. It is also important to familiarize yourself with the rules of the procedure necessary for the speedy recovery of children, and to learn how to prepare saline for inhalation.
Saline is an aqueous 0.9% sodium chloride solution (sodium chloride). Inhalations based on this remedy are very effective in:
- throat diseases;
- runny nose
The healing process is accelerated due to the fact that saline has the property:
- well moisten the respiratory tract;
- clean the respiratory system from mucus and sputum;
- inhibit the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria.
Preparing medicine for the baby yourself
Sterile saline, which is produced in the laboratories of the chemical industry, can be purchased at the pharmacy. But, if there is no such possibility, it is not difficult to prepare the medicine without help. When conducting inhalation with saline is very important to observe the dosage provided for children of a certain age.
Saline for inhalation
- Take 1 tsp. salt finely ground.
- Filter 1 l of water and boil it.
- Cool the water to a temperature acceptable for the age of your baby: 3 years - 30 ° C, from 4 years - 40 ° C, older than 4 - 50 ° C.
- Put the salt in the water and wait until the crystals are completely dissolved.
- Use means no more than 2-3 ml for one inhalation.
- Babies up to 2 years old are given inhalation twice a day for 1-2 minutes, 6-year-olds 3 times a day, older children can breathe dissolved salt for 7-10 minutes 4 times a day.
- Keep the medicine in the refrigerator for no more than a day.
The combination of saline and lazolvan against dry cough
Inhalation with saline is indispensable for the treatment of children, if you add to the main ingredient other drugs.
- Get Lasolvan syrup for oral administration (1 ml should contain 7.5 mg of active ingredient).
- Mix liquids in equal parts.
- For children under the age of 6. 1-2 inhalations with lazolvan and saline per day are enough (for 1 procedure, 2 ml of the mixture will be needed), and for those over 6 years old, the dosage is increased to 2-3 ml.
- The duration of the procedure is 2 minutes.
Inhalation solution with Ambrobene
When wet coughing, inhalation with saline, to which Ambrobene is added, will help children.
- Saline and cough syrup Ambrobene combine in the 1: 1 plot.
- A child up to 2 years old needs no more than 1 ml of syrup, from 2 to 6 years old - 2 ml, if the patient is older than 6 years old - 2-3 ml.
- Take 1-2 inhalations per day.
- The procedure should take no more than 3 minutes.
Mixture of Berodual and saline
Also in the saline for inhalation, prepared for children, add Berodual.
- Preparing the composition for children under 6 years old, take 10 drops of Berodual, if the patient is 6-12 years old - 15-30 drops, children of older school age should be prescribed up to 50 drops.
- Doses vary depending on the severity of the disease.
- Mix the drops with saline so that you get 4 ml of the medicine.
- Let the child breathe this mixture for 2-3 minutes 3 times a day.
Connect the salt solution with the ACC
To prevent the spread of infection to the deep sections of the bronchi (which is fraught with serious complications) and to increase the effect of expectorant drugs, acetylcysteine (ACC) is used.
- Mix 125 mg of medicine with 125 ml of saline.
- For one procedure, take 2 ml of the mixture.
- A sick baby should inhale the medicine for no more than 3 minutes.
How to make inhalation?
For healing breathing, it is best to purchase a nebulizer - a special inhaler, which, unlike the obsolete steam, can be used even with increasing body temperature. Inhalation on the basis of saline will lead to the recovery of children only if the necessary amount of medication is poured into the nebulizer and the procedure is carried out correctly.
- You need to wait 2 hours if the child has eaten, and half an hour if you have been subjected to physical exertion.
- Calm the little patient so that he breathes evenly and calmly.
- Fill the inhaler with no more than 4 ml of warm liquid.
- Put the mask on the baby inhaler.
- For diseases of the nose and maxillary sinuses, the patient must inhale and exhale the agent through the nose. For other respiratory diseases, inhale through the mouth and exhale through the nose.
- If the baby attends other physiotherapy, inhalation last.
- The baby can eat and drink only 5 minutes after the end of inhalation of nutrients.
What you need to know to a useful procedure does not become harmful?
Having decided to treat the child with inhalation solutions, caring parents take into account that:
- the procedure and specific drugs are prescribed only by an experienced pediatrician;
- liquid diluted for inhalation cannot be reused;
- the temperature of the solution cannot be lower than room temperature, otherwise the effect will be opposite;
- the medicine and utensils used for dosing must be sterile;
- It is unacceptable to pour into the inhaler the active substance in its pure form, without saline;
- strict adherence to dosages and recommended duration of action is necessary.
Inhalation is contraindicated in newborns and children up to 2 years old, as well as with:
- frequent nasal or pulmonary hemorrhage;
- hyperthermia above 37.5 ° C;
- violation of cerebral circulation;
- heart or respiratory failure;
- purulent sore throat.
The well-known drug, a common saline solution poured into a nebulizer, will help your baby get rid of cough and other sad consequences of a cold. And the potent drugs added to the saline will make this universal remedy even more effective. The main thing is to do the inhalation properly and do not neglect the advice of the attending physician so as not to harm your child.