What can most people say about hydrogen sulfide? Everyone knows that this is natural gas, which has a repulsive odor. In fact, it has special properties that have long been successfully used to treat many diseases. What is the effect of hydrogen sulfide baths, what are the indications and contraindications and where are such treatments offered?
"Fragrant" spa procedure: how useful are hydrogen sulfide baths?
Hydrogen sulfide, which is the main active component of the so-called. sulfide baths, capable of producing anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. The procedure is to immerse the patient in a hydrogen sulfide bath. Healing gas enters the human body through the skin and through breathing.
Hydrogen sulfide "gets" to the blood vessels and positively affects the veins, blood vessels and arteries, improving blood flow. Although gas has an unpleasant smell, inhaling it (in a dosed amount) is beneficial, as it has a beneficial effect on the central and peripheral nervous system.
And this is not all that hydrogen sulphide baths are capable of. A stay in the sulphate composition will help people suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system. This therapy is indicated for women in the presence of inflammatory gynecological diseases.
The reverse side of physiotherapy: harm to hydrogen sulfide baths
It should be remembered that not everyone can benefit from hydrogen sulfide baths. Harm this procedure will bring those who are not in order liver or heart. Some patients have an allergic reaction to hydrogen sulphide - similar therapy is also not appropriate for them.
So that treatment with hydrogen sulfide does not cause harm, it is necessary to listen carefully and follow all the recommendations of medical personnel. If the temperature of the special bath is too high (up to 37 degrees), then the procedure will be difficult to transfer, and the person will hardly feel a surge of energy after such treatment.
The optimal duration of the bath is 8-10-15 minutes. If you stay in the hydrogen sulfide composition for a longer time, a spasm of blood vessels may occur, which is undesirable for the body. Therefore, in the pursuit of health should not lie in the bath longer than the allotted time.
Before taking a sulphidic bath, you need to rest. Rest is obligatory after such a treatment session. Therefore, the next spa procedure should begin no earlier than two hours.
The effect of hydrogen sulfide on the human body can be versatile. It is known that in high concentrations this gas is not only harmful, but even dangerous. If the amount of hydrogen sulfide in the inhaled air exceeds 0.01%, then a person may experience symptoms of damage to the nervous and digestive systems. Concentration in excess of 0.05% is deadly.
Therefore, it is better to take hydrogen sulfide baths in specialized conditions and under the supervision of medical professionals.
Who and under what conditions are useful baths with hydrogen sulfide composition?
Although many have heard about the miraculous effect that hydrogen sulphide baths produce, you should definitely consider the indications and contraindications before taking advantage of the procedure.
It is recommended for:
- diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system (neuritis, radiculitis, neuralgia, VVD). Such a therapeutic effect will help to cope with the effects of polio, intoxication and recover faster from injury;
- diseases of the joints, muscles, ligaments, bone tissue pathologies. The bath has a beneficial effect on the condition of patients with chronic polyarthritis, myositis, osteochondrosis, contractures;
- disorders of the heart and blood vessels. The technique has proven itself in eliminating the effects of myocarditis (procedures are allowed after 8 months). It is advisable to use it in cardiosclerosis, as well as after suffering thrombophlebitis and phlebitis (after 4 months);
- women with chronic diseases of the genital area, including those leading to infertility;
- men - to improve the condition of chronic prostatitis;
- children - as a component of the treatment of cerebral palsy and to overcome the effects of birth trauma;
- skin diseases (to alleviate the condition of eczema, seborrhea, herpes, psoriasis and dermatitis);
- with diabetes (not running stages) and hypothyroidism.
When is it best to give up balneotherapy?
Like any other method of therapy, treatments with this gas will not be useful to everyone. Such procedures have serious contraindications. In no case can you assign yourself a sulfide bath yourself! Even if they helped people familiar with the same diseases, a preliminary examination and consultation with a doctor is necessary.
The list of contraindications looks like this:
- Balneological procedures should not be used for people who have general contraindications to spa treatment;
- if a history of diagnoses such as endocarditis, myocarditis, angina pectoris, stenosis, atrial fibrillation, hypertension and severe vascular disease;
- worth saying no to hydrogen sulphide treatment for kidney and liver failure;
- balneotherapy is forbidden for tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, repeated myocardial infarction, predisposition to bleeding;
- It is unacceptable to take baths for cancer patients and people with blood diseases;
- pregnancy (from the fifth month);
- physiotherapy on hydrosulphuric sources is not carried out with acute inflammation and with exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Where to go for health - popular spa resorts
There are several sanatoriums in Russia that offer natural and artificial sulphide baths. Matsesta baths have unique properties that give health and longevity to thousands of people. The source is located near the rivers Agura and Khosta (near Sochi). The second century, people use the healing properties of hydrogen sulfide water. Today, baths with a specific odor are one of the most important therapeutic factors of the Krasnodar Territory.
Matsesta baths provide a lasting effect. They will help to forget about rheumatism, radiculitis, thyroid diseases, arthritis, gout, and get rid of skin diseases. Rest and treatment on the waters of Matsesta will help preserve the beauty. Water containing hydrogen sulfide will strengthen hair and nails, will have a rejuvenating effect.
No less unique are hydrogen sulfide baths in Abkhazia.. They are a natural means of healing and prolonging youth. Sources from the village of Primorskoe and in the city of Sukhum became especially famous. After several dives, the person feels calmer and more relaxed, the feeling of anxiety disappears, the body becomes stronger physically, many ailments recede.
Many consider nature the best healer. Hydrogen sulphide baths help very well in health care. If, after taking such procedures, fatigue occurs, pain increases, insomnia begins or the temperature rises slightly, then this is a normal reaction of the body to balneotherapy. The maximum effect usually occurs after 10-12 days. But to resort to such treatment can only those whom the doctor permits and the state of health allows.