Stomatitis is a very unpleasant, but, unfortunately, disease that is common in children. In most cases, the signs of the disease are pronounced. But with timely complex treatment, stomatitis is treatable.
Causes of stomatitis in a child
- Stomatitis can be both a self-inflicted disease, and a sign of some other diseases occurring in a latent form.
- Stomatitis may develop due to the fact that the child has damaged teeth, their surface is uneven, has chipped. These chips can injure the oral mucosa, and be the cause of stomatitis.
- If a child often eats burning food, it may contribute to the development and development of stomatitis.
- Infectious stomatitis is not uncommon. He may develop from contact with other patients or in the case when a child eats unwashed vegetables and fruits, does not wash his hands after a walk.
- Sometimes children have a peculiar reaction to products containing fillers and all sorts of dyes. This reaction is manifested by the development of stomatitis.
- If a child uses a toothpaste containing sodium lauryl sulfate for brushing, promote the development of stomatitis.
- Another of the causes of stomatitis in a child is the emotional stress he has received.
- If a child is poorly nourished, such necessary substances as vitamin B, iron, zinc, folic acid and selenium do not enter his body, in this case, the probability of developing stomatitis is high.
- Stomatitis can also develop if the child is genetically predisposed.
- If after a child has eaten dairy food, after which he did not drink or rinse his mouth, a situation may arise when Candida fungus begins to develop in the dairy products, which can serve as a backdrop for the development of stomatitis.
- Herpes virus is another the cause of the development of stomatitis in a child.
Symptoms of stomatitis in a child
Symptoms of stomatitis in a child depend on what type of stomatitis develops in a child.
- It is worth paying attention to whether a child has round or oval ulcers in the mouth, which have clear red borders.
- Carefully inspect the child's mouth for the presence of multiple eruptions in the form of small bubbles, which quickly grow, then burst, thus forming painful erosion, which is covered with white patina.
- Enhanced salivation can also occur in cases where the child develops stomatitis.
- Stomatitis can still be expressedwhitish spots on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity, which are covered with cheesy plaque. In addition, the appearance of ulcers, dry mouth, cracks in the corners of the mouth and a burning sensation in the mouth.
- The mucous membrane damaged by stomatitis is swollen, covered with white or yellowish patina, accompanied by an unpleasant smell from the mouth. In addition, there are cases of severe bleeding gums.
- Bleeding can not only gums. When stomatitis may be observed and point hemorrhages.
- When stomatitis, in almost all cases, body temperature rises and appetite decreases. This is natural, because any food brings pain.
How to treat stomatitis in a child with medication?
In no case can not self-medicate, despite the fact that here are the names of medicines. The doctor will prescribe you medicines that will suit your child, based on the characteristics of his body.
- Rinse baby’s mouth with furatsiliny several times a day.
- Let your child take anti-infective drugs, they will help you to more quickly cope with stomatitis.
- On the background stomatitis treatment It is necessary to take vitamin complexes that will increase the immunity of the child.
- Give the child only very soft, semi-liquid food - pureed soups, vegetable and fruit purees. The rest of the food the child can not eat.
- Make sure your child rinses out his mouth after each meal.
- In order to reduce pain in the mouth, use special painkillers for children.
- Despite the pain in the mouth, during the treatment of stomatitis, it is necessary to brush your teeth, and to do it better than the child did before.
- Let the baby rinse his mouth with potassium permanganate. This will serve as an excellent antibacterial agent.
How to treat stomatitis in a child with folk remedies?
- The biggest effect of stomatitis treatment It turns out from treatment by ointments and gargles.
- Stomatitis ointment:
- 3 cloves garlic, rub on a fine grater, add to the resulting gruel 1 dessert spoon of yogurt. Mix well and lubricate sore spots 3 times a day. This treatment method is not suitable for young children, as the procedure is rather painful.
- 1 tsp honey mix with 1 tsp. sunflower oil, protein of one egg and one ampoule of 0.5% novocaine. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and lubricate sore spots.
- Raw potatoes rubbed on a fine grater. The resulting gruel grease sore spots in the mouth.
- Stomach rinses:
- Take freshly squeezed carrot juice and dilute it with warm water in a 1: 1 ratio. The resulting fluid rinse the mouth several times a day.
- Take freshly squeezed cabbage juice, dilute it with warm water just like carrot juice, and rinse your mouth.
- Take linden flowers in the amount of 1 tbsp. and fill them with 1 tbsp. cold water. Allow the liquid to stand for five hours, then add 5 g of soda and rinse your mouth.
- Cook 1 tbsp. nettle leaves, fill them with two cups of boiling water, let it brew for half an hour, then cool and rinse the mouth.
- You can use almost any medicinal herb for rinsing. The only restriction, as it is a child, specify at the pharmacy what contraindications are there for this medicinal herb, and whether it can be used in childhood.
It should be remembered that traditional remedies for stomatitis in a child, in no case, do not cancel the treatment with medicines, drugs and medical supervision. Untreated, but healed stomatitis can develop into a chronic disease.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Vitalina