A mushroom season, a beautiful park or a rest in the woods make you want to stroll under the warm rays of the sun or after a warm rain under the green foliage. But in the same period, quite unpleasant and dangerous insects - ticks appear in the grass. Insects are very small and difficult to spot.
If the tick has bitten you, you will see its small body on some part of the body. In this case, do not panic. Before you go to the doctor to make sure that the tick is not a carrier of dangerous diseases, it must be pulled out.
How to pull a tick?
A tick can bite not only you, but also a pet with which you walked in the forest. If this happens, the first thing to do is calm down. Seeing a rather unpleasant sight, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible, but do not hurry. A tick can not only imperceptibly bite, but if it is abruptly got rid of it, it can leave a small head in the wound, which can cause inflammation and blood poisoning.
If the tick is under hair or hair, wet it and comb it to the side. Disinfect hands and forceps. If there are no tweezers, you can take a napkin. Do not touch the tick with your hands, so as not to put yourself at risk of contracting encephalitis. Now take a tick with tweezers, try to make it as close as possible to the skin. No need to push hard, so as not to crush him. Draw a little while the skin rises. Hold the tick for about 2 minutes, you can gently shake it to the side. If you fail to pull it out this way, drop a drop of alcohol on the head. This will make the tick go limp, and it will be easier to get it.
Once the tick is removed, inspect the wound, there should not be his head or any part there. If you notice the head, then pull out with tweezers. If you do not cope, contact the emergency room for help. Smear the wound with green or iodine, you can disinfect with alcohol.
4 ways to extract ticks at home
- Take tweezers, alcohol, cotton, iodine, needle and thread. Before you begin to remove the tick, remember that it can not be strongly pull. Otherwise, the integrity of the body, which remains in the wound, can be damaged, and it will be very difficult to remove it. Pull it out very carefully so that the paws or proboscis do not come off. Tweezers perpendicular to the bite grab the tick. Turn it around an axis and take it out. Disinfect the bite site with iodine or alcohol. After the tweezers, treat with alcohol, and wash your hands with soap.
- You can use the second method to pull out the tick. Smear the vinegar with vegetable oil or petroleum jelly. Thus, you will block the tick access of oxygen, and he will start to get out. At this point, take it with tweezers and, swinging from side to side, slowly pull it out. Tick need to pull the whole. Treat the wound with green or iodine, you can tincture of calendula on alcohol. It is sold in pharmacies.
- The third way is to use if the tick has not yet penetrated very deeply. For this you need a strong thread. Tie it closer to the insect's trunk. Make a knot and sway with slow movements to remove the tick. Do it carefully. If the tick head still remains in the wound, treat it with alcohol, then pierce the needle on the fire and remove the tick head with it. After processing the wound tincture of calendula.
- For the fourth method, take the vegetable oil and lubricate the bite with the tick. Then slip on the izitki loop and try to pick up the tick and pull it out. Do it with swinging movements. Instead, you can take a cotton swab and soak it with any fatty substance. Then begin to gently rotate around the insect until it comes out by itself. Such movements paralyze the tick, and it just disappears. Smear the bite with iodine or tincture of calendula.
To avoid serious consequences, and especially if your area is considered dangerous due to the large number of encephalitis ticks, take a tick and take it to the hospital. The first 96 hours are the most important for the treatment of encephalitis.If the tick has bitten a child, go to the hospital immediately.
How to avoid tick bite?
- To protect yourself from ticks when you go to the park or forest, dress as close as possible. The less open areas of the skin, the safer will be the rest. Trousers tucked in boots, and even better, first in socks. Wear high boots, turtleneck, instead you can use a scarf, the jacket is better to choose with cuffs resembling gum.
- As soon as you return home, look at the clothes and body. Do not forget about the headdress, very often ticks fall from above. Hair should be removed under it and collected.
- If the area where you live belongs to the danger zone for the spread of an encephalitis tick, if you bite, be sure to consult a doctor, and if possible, refrain from walking during a dangerous period.
- If you saw a tick within 24 hours after a walk, he could not infect you with an infection. But still take him to the hospital, where doctors will determine exactly whether he is dangerous and will prescribe drugs for you if there is such a need. It is also worth making a vaccination against the bites of these insects, especially if you live in a danger zone.
The tick bite cannot be felt because anesthesia occurs. But, besides the fact that this is a rather unpleasant sight, it can cause dangerous diseases. Therefore, it is better to take all precautions when visiting the forest or walking in the park where there is tall grass, and after walking carefully inspect yourself. The peak of tick activity occurs in spring and summer, capturing even October. If the tick has bitten you, try to carefully remove it and go to the hospital to make sure it is not dangerous.