Sleep plays a very important role in the life of every person. Rest is vital for every organ, especially the brain. Without sleep, it will not function normally. For years now, scientists have been trying to figure out how much a person can live without sleep?
Conducted special experiments on this topic. Thus, once a few volunteers were gathered in one room to determine how long they could stay awake. As a result, it was revealed that most people fell asleep after 2 days without sleep, and only a few units lasted 5 days. Moreover, during this time, volunteers began to notice severe fatigue, a slight loss of memory, as well as a lack of physical strength. After about 2 days, the brain begins to turn off independently, while plunging into a superficial sleep.
How long can you last without sleep: scientific facts
Many people have tried repeatedly to fix - how many people can hold out without sleep. The absolute record listed in the Guinness Book of Records is 12 days. Moreover, during this time, a resident of Europe, who set this record, significantly deteriorated memory and formed systematic headaches. This experiment adversely affected his health.
But there are people in the world who have not slept more time. For example: one Vietnamese has not slept for 27 years and still feels great. And this case is not unique. But how can this be explained? First of all, the individual feature of the body, consisting in the ability to withstand heavy loads. Scientists believe that such people are owners of outstanding opportunities, their bodies are able to shut off separately from each other, resting.
How much can you not sleep without harm to health?
Trying to find out for yourself how much one can live without sleep, many people conduct experiments on themselves. But to do this is not recommended, because in this way you can significantly spoil the health.
After 1 day without sleep, general health worsens, blood pressure is disturbed, and irritability in behavior appears. 2 days of wakefulness take away almost all the forces from a person, he begins to think poorly and perceive information. After 3 days, people experience depression and nervous disorders. Further - more: a person begins to see nightmares, hallucinations, both visual and voice.
If the subject has chronic diseases, then they become aggravated, shortness of breath is formed, and heartbeat becomes more frequent. Brain cells begin to slowly die off, and this is fatal. So, a person can not sleep without harm to his health for only 15-20 hours. The human body just needs a full eight-hour sleep 1 time in 24 hours.
Sleep disturbance: treatment with folk remedies
Sleep disturbance is referred to as insomnia. In this state, there are difficulties in falling asleep, a short sleep, or the absence of a sense of rest after sleep. Insomnia is manifested by a reduction in the duration of a night’s sleep, late falling asleep, an early rise, or repeated waking up during the night. There are several ways of traditional medicine to combat the disease. They are considered to be very effective, and which one of them to choose is better decided individually:
- Drink at night before bedtime 1 tbsp. warm milk from 1 tsp honey;
- Dip your feet in ice water, then rub them well and put on cotton socks;
- Grind 1 tbsp. l dill, pour 1 tbsp. boiling water and leave to infuse. If there is no fresh fennel, you can pour boiling water over its seeds: 2 tsp. seeds for 2 tbsp. boiling water and leave for 2 hours. Drink this infusion should be 3 times a day before meals for ½ tbsp. and 1 tbsp. for the night;
- Often, many people take a warm bath before going to bed, but this is exactly what causes a delay in sleep. In an organism that has been warmed up, the heart begins to beat more often, and it is impossible to fall asleep with such a rhythm. The bath is certainly useful, but there are some small tricks here: it should be sedentary, the water should not reach the chest, and its temperature should not be high, not even cool. And you should start with warm water, but every day to make it somewhat colder. Sit in the bathroom should be 5-7 minutes, then you need to go to bed.
Herbal infusions and decoctions are excellent for insomnia.
- A decoction of viburnum roots. You can take it with convulsions, hysteria and insomnia. For 150 ml of water you need to take 5 g of viburnum roots and insist all half an hour. Then put the mixture on the fire for another half hour, strain and drink after eating 3 times a day for 1/3 tbsp .;
- Infusion of wormwood: 1-2 st.l. herbs or roots of sagebrush pour 2 tbsp. boiling water and insist 2 h, drink before bedtime;
- Oil of wormwood seeds: seeds that were collected in October - November, grind in a coffee grinder, pour vegetable oil in a ratio of 1: 4, insist 1 week in a dark place, with the mixture should be shaken every day. Then the oil is filtered and taken 1-2 drops on a piece of sugar 2-4 times a day to relieve tension and calm. In order to get rid of insomnia, you need to take the remedy in 9-20 drops;
- Valerian root. Put 2 tbsp. l shredded dry valerian roots in an enamel pan, pour half liter of boiling water, cover and place in a water bath for 15 minutes. Then you need to cool the infusion, strain, squeeze out the remains, add boiled water to fill the initial volume. Drink this infusion during the day should be 1 tbsp, and before going to bed - ½ tbsp .;
- Hop cones. 1 tbsp. crushed hop cones pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, insist. Better to do it in a thermos. Take this tool must be 3 times a day before meals for по Art. This infusion is not only struggling with insomnia, but also improves digestion, appetite. It can be used in diseases of the liver and gallbladder, with nervous excitability, menopause. Hop oil is a component of "Valocardine". Also, to improve sleep, you can wrap hop cones in a rag and put them under a pillow at night. Doing this is strictly prohibited to men at a young age.
- Cabbage salad. Chop 1 head of cabbage, add half a liter of water and boil over low heat for 10 minutes. After decoction should be cool, strain and add 2 tablespoons of it. honey Drink before bedtime is necessary for ½ tbsp. This tool is not contraindicated even for children, moreover, it is very effective. Sleep is back, and the nerves are getting stronger.
- Excellent help from insomnia lavender oil. They can smear whiskey before bedtime or drop 3-5 drops of this oil on a piece of sugar and suck before going to bed.
- You can make yourself a special "sleepy" pad. To do this, it should be stuffed with 1 part of ordinary wormwood, 1 part of thyme and 2 parts of hop. Instead of thyme, you can take mint leaves. By the way, you can add hop cones to this mixture. The aroma, which will exude such a pillow, will help to relax, a person will fall asleep very quickly, and his sleep will be strong and calm. A similar pad can be stuffed with other herbs: mint, melissa, sweet clover, hay dust, lavender, white acacia, white clover, chamomile and primrose flowers, hop fruit, and Hypericum grass.
- If a person is worried about insomnia due to stress, then you can try the following remedy: take a mixture of dried marsh, heather, motherwort and valerian in equal proportions and skip through a meat grinder, mix. 1 tsp this mixture brew 1 tbsp. boiling water and insist 20 minutes, then strain. Then the whole infusion is divided into 4 parts, with the largest of them should be left for the evening. Drink this infusion is necessary to improve the condition.
- Chestnuts are a very simple, but at the same time effective remedy for insomnia. You must take the usual chestnuts, not having a thick peel, brown shiny color, about 60 pcs. You will also need 3 bags with laces so that they can be tightly tied. In each bag you need to put 15-20 chestnuts. Such bags should be laid out under the bed: 1 at the legs, etc. - at the head of the head, and the third - in the middle. It is not clear how this method works, but it is really an effective tool!
Sleep is a very important part of every person’s life. Therefore, you should not experiment with your body and check its endurance without systematically getting enough sleep! Sleep disorders are subject to immediate treatment, but which one - drug or folk - to choose only you.