For most of us, the taste of cocoa is the taste of childhood. Magic drink miraculously raises the spirits and makes you feel a little happier. Many people, when mentioning cocoa, have a green box called Golden Label in front of their eyes. However, the market today offers a large assortment of this product: powdered, granular, which already includes milk and sugar, or traditional powder that needs to be prepared in a familiar way.
People who carefully calculate the calories consumed per day often make a mistake - they forget about what they drink. Thereby reducing the effectiveness of the selected diet. But we all know that cocoa is a high-calorie product. However, given the fact that this drink is usually consumed in small quantities, let's see which kind of cocoa is the least high-calorie.
Cocoa powder: calorie
Cocoa powder is the most usual for us and not too high-calorie type of drink: there are 290 Kcal per 100 grams. As for the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, it is the following:
- proteins - 24.3 grams
- fats - 15 gr
- carbohydrates - 10.2 grams
In addition, the following vitamins are widely represented in cocoa:
- Vitamin A - 3 mcg
- B vitamins (thiamine - 0.1 mg, riboflavin - 0.2 m, pyridoxine - 0.3 mg, pantothenic and folic acid - 1.5 mg and 45 μg)
- Vitamin E - 0.3 mg
- Vitamin PP - 1.8 mg
- beta carotene - 0.02 mg
How many calories are there in milk?
Of course, brewing cocoa with water is not as pleasant as milk. And if you add a couple of spoons of sugar! Yummy? Still would! But the caloric content of the drink in this case is much higher. The energy value of cocoa drink brewed with milk is 67.1 Kcal per 100 ml. This indicator can be slightly reduced if you replace regular milk with skim milk. However, sugar is not included in this figure. If you are used to add 2 tsp. on the cup, then add another 70 Kcal. Total: 137.1 Kcal per cup of cocoa with milk and sugar.
At the same time, the content of proteins, fats and carbohydrates increases (3.2 g, 3.8 g, and 5.1 g, respectively, per 100 ml of drink). In addition, the average portion of cocoa - 200-250 ml. Therefore, all indicators, including calories, need to be doubled. That is: the caloric content of cocoa portions with milk and sugar is about 250 Kcal.
Cocoa "Nesquik": the energy value of the drink
This product is familiar to many thanks to advertising, which invariably speak of its benefits. If you familiarize yourself with the composition of this drink, you will find that it is not cocoa but a "chocolate drink", the amount of protein in which is significantly less than in the powder of a natural product - only 0.6 g per serving of dry product. The caloric value of Nesquik cocoa per 100 grams is 377 Kcal, and 52 Kcal per one drink. Add the caloric content of milk, which is recommended to breed "Nesquik" and get about 200 Kcal per serving.
What is cocoa good for?
As mentioned above, the vitamin and mineral composition of natural cocoa powder is very diverse. The antioxidant capacity of this product is very high. The structure includes components that prevent the gluing of platelets, have a beneficial effect on metabolism and prevent damage to blood vessels.
The use of natural cocoa promotes muscle recovery after strong physical exertion. Cocoa is a source of energy and is indicated for recuperation after a long and serious illness. Also, this drink has an expectorant effect, therefore, is an excellent assistant in the fight against colds and respiratory diseases.
Scientists have proven that cocoa promotes skin regeneration and rejuvenation. These provisions are based on the widespread use of cocoa in cosmetology.
And, finally, natural cocoa contains substances that contribute to the production of endorphins - the hormones of joy. That is why after the drink this mood invariably rises.
In conclusion, I would like to give some general advice on the selection, preparation and use of cocoa:
- Do not be afraid to experiment and add a pinch of salt, pepper (can be pink), vanilla or your favorite syrup to the drink prepared in the traditional way. And then the taste familiar from childhood will sparkle with new shades.
- When choosing cocoa, remember that when preparing a quality product there should be no sediment. Choose those countries - manufacturers in which this product is traditionally grown (South America, Africa). Remember that a drink cannot be of high quality if it is produced in countries where no cocoa is grown (for example, in China).
- And, finally, a surprise for those who can not refuse this drink even while dieting and counting calories. Drink cocoa in the morning! A mug of hot delicacy will not only charge you with energy, but also give you saturation, which will not leave you until 5 o'clock! In addition, most of the calories in cocoa are fat - 47% and protein - 34%, and carbohydrates only 14%. As a result, human activity increases, the cocoa’s energy value for the body becomes insufficient, and it begins to consume the already available fat reserves!
- Cocoa during pregnancy
- Cocoa butter for hair
- Chocolate glaze. Cocoa Recipe
- How many calories in beer?
- Sugar: calories
And one more argument. The composition of this product contains theobromine - a substance that enhances the activity and helps to overcome stress, which is the inevitable companion of any diet. Drink cocoa, and a good mood will become your constant companion!