For many centuries, humanity has learned the rules of treatment of medicinal plants. It is not at all surprising that today traditional medicine is so popular with which you can get rid of almost any ailment. Among the medicinal plants that are particularly often found in phytopractic medicine is horsetail, whose medicinal properties are widely known.
Today this plant is used not only in non-traditional, but also in official medicine. Its green part contains a large number of active biological components, which include equizetonin, saponins, flavonoids, alkaloids.
That horsetail is a natural source of valuable tannins, as well as carotene and a mass of acids (malic, ascorbic, oxalic, silicic). However, this plant contains proteins, carbohydrates, fatty oils, fats.
The healing properties of horsetail
Extracts and decoctions based on the green parts of horsetail are widely used as an excellent diuretic. Also, these tools help to get rid of a variety of inflammatory diseases of the bladder and are used to treat the urinary tract. They can be used as an effective means of stopping bleeding, which is often found in hemorrhoids or female diseases.
It has an excellent anthelmintic and tonic effect, while contributing to the effective removal of lead from the human body.
With the help of external use of this plant you can quite easily get rid of various types of conjunctivitis. In this case, all means based on the horsetail should be used both for rinsing and for taking special eye baths.
Freshly squeezed juice from a horsetail is ideal for dealing with varicose veins. Also, this tool helps to activate the functioning of the immune system, while significantly increasing the level of body resistance to various infections and viruses.
Broths on the basis of this plant are widely used for effective blood purification, as well as removal of toxins from it, excess water. It is important that this will not violate the correct salt composition. Therefore, such medicinal decoctions can be used in the presence of a variety of allergic diseases.
Horsetail is an ideal treatment for a large number of lung diseases. Thanks to its use, you can get rid of a strong cough, as well as wheezing in the bronchi, and helps in the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis. At the beginning of the development of inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and sore throat, it is recommended to use decoctions prepared on the basis of this medicinal plant for rinsing.
Funds from the horsetail can be used during the treatment of a variety of heart diseases and rheumatism, during which the formation of stagnation begins. This is due to the fact that horsetail is an excellent source of unique siliceous compounds. As a result, it has a positive effect on the condition of people who suffer from atherosclerosis of the brain and blood vessels, certain problems associated with capillaries.
This medicinal plant has a positive effect during the treatment of tuberculosis not only of the lungs, but also of the epidermis. Also, decoctions from it are recommended for older people, but the treatment should be under the strict supervision of a physician.-
It is important to remember that any funds that contain horsetail are prohibited to receive if there are nephritis, because in this case there is a possibility of increased irritation of the kidneys.
Field horsetail is also widely used in dentistry - for example, in the presence of stomatitis or other diseases associated with the oral mucosa. In this case, most often, the use of rinses and special lotions is prescribed (under the supervision of a physician).
In the pharmacy, this plant can be sold in dried form, as well as as liquid extracts and in briquettes. Much less it is used in food. The main value of the horsetail is that it can be eaten almost immediately after the snow melts, until other sources of vitamins appear.
The use of field horsetail in cosmetology
- Modern dermatologists and cosmetologists recommend using this unique plant externally, since it contributes not only to treatment, but also to more accelerated healing of bleeding wounds. It is used as a powder, in dry form.
- Compresses using horsetail can be used in the treatment of boils, herpes, eczema. To cope with excessive sweating will help the bath with the addition of healing broth. And by rinsing the hair with such decoction, you can get rid of dandruff and prevent hair loss.
- This plant is also widely used as an additive to tea, because it can have an excellent supporting and tonic effect, which is simply indispensable for a weakened organism.
Attention: there are contraindications!
It is strictly forbidden to use this plant for nephrosis and nephritis, as well as during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Individual contraindications include individual intolerance to the horsetail.
On condition of overdose of this plant, a strong feeling of nausea may appear, vomiting will open, nagging pains in the lumbar region begin to disturb. If you find yourself having these symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Yana: A standing plant, besides, there are almost no contraindications and can be easily purchased at the pharmacy. It grows almost everywhere, so you can do independent harvesting.
- Margarita: A few years ago she took a decoction of horsetail for treating the liver, thanks to which she assumed the correct size, although she was enlarged. But do not use it without the consent of the doctor, so as not to harm.
- Katia: I gave the child with a strong cough, very quickly passed an unpleasant symptom. Therefore, now I always try to turn to traditional medicine.
With the help of various decoctions and infusions of herbs you can cure some diseases. This also applies to horsetail based products. He is able to cope with many illnesses and practically has no contraindications. Before using the medicinal plant, it is recommended to consult a doctor.