Odontogenic periostitis, or flux (as people call it) is a serious disease of the oral cavity. When it occurs, it affects not only the tissues of the teeth and gums, but also the areas adjacent to them. If the flux does not begin to heal in time, then surgery may be necessary to get rid of it. If you do not want this development of events, then at the very first symptoms, contact your doctor. However, you can slightly remove the tumor at home.
What is flux? Flux symptoms
Flux is an inflammation of the tissue that encloses the bone of the tooth. Doctors call it the periosteum. The cause of the flux is most often damage to the tooth or gum. Damage may be caused by caries or mechanical injury. In addition, under-treated teeth fall into the risk group for flux disease. Infections can easily get into open teeth. When they hit, inflammation occurs, which, if improperly treated, can cause purulent discharge.
The appearance of flux is usually expressed in toothache, tissue swelling, surrounding this tooth. There may also be swelling of the cheeks, nose and lips. In addition to the reaction to the penetration of infection inside, for flux characterized by fever.
It is advisable to treat the flux at the first signs of the disease, as it may cause complications. To this did not happen, you need to urgently consult a doctor.
Folk remedies for the treatment of flux at home
If you do not have the opportunity to immediately visit a doctor, and the pain is very acute, try using several folk remedies to treating flux at home.
- Rinsing soda is a well-known way to combat toothache, and this can help. In order to obtain the desired solution, you need to mix in a glass a teaspoon of soda and a teaspoon of salt. The mixture must be poured boiling water. It is possible to apply means after it has cooled to room temperature. Rinse your teeth with this solution every two hours. After the apparent relief comes, the frequency can be reduced.
- Rinsing can be done and sage. To do this, you should make tea from dry sage. To make a teapot, take two tablespoons of sage for half a liter of water. Allow the broth to cool slightly. This tea you have to rinse your mouth three or four times in an hour.
- You can also use the gargle from the pods of yellow acacia. For this chop the pods. For the preparation of rinsing they need one fourth of the glass. Fill them with water in the amount of 200 ml and boil. Leave to infuse for fifteen to twenty minutes. The resulting infusion rinse the mouth after cooling.
- Rinse can be prepared from calendula flowers. Flowers (one tablespoon) need to insist in a glass of boiling water for one hour. When the infusion is ready, they rinse the mouth.
- Another recipe for rinsing. Prepare a mixture of birch buds, peppermint leaves, periwinkle leaves and forest angelica. All ingredients must be taken in the amount of three tablespoons. Then you need to take three tablespoons of the mixture and pour them with one liter of boiling water. To insist means is necessary within an hour. Then the infusion is necessary to filter and rinse the mouth several times during the day.
- Green tea can help you in your home flux treatment. It must be brewed with sage and allowed to infuse a little brew. Then the infusion must be filtered. In the tool add half a teaspoon of salt, mix thoroughly. This solution should be used to rinse the mouth hot. This should be done as often as possible.
- Also, ointment may help you in your trouble. For example, honey ointment. Pour one fourth of a glass of honey (preferably lime) on a saucer. Then take a big nail (old and rusty, oddly enough) and heat it until it is red-hot. Nail dip in a dish with honey. The honey around the nail will begin to darken. This is formed tar. It is this dark substance and need to lubricate the gums in a sore spot. This should be done before bedtime. This ointment will help you in the fight against boil.
- Propolis ointment. Take any enameled container and pour a glass of vegetable oil into it (it is better to use refined). Put 20 g of propolis in the oil. Place the container on low heat and heat until the propolis has melted. Then add to this mass half of chopped boiled egg yolk. Stir all this thoroughly and remove from heat. Allow the ointment to cool. It should be used twice a day, applying to the gum at the site of inflammation. Before using the ointment must be heated in a water bath. Store the product in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
See also:Tooth cyst: symptoms
Whatever remedy for treating flux you choose, remember that self-treatment can lead to serious consequences. Assign adequate treatment to the dentist. Folk remedies you can use only in the event of acute pain, which must be urgently calmed. The faster you go to the doctor, the sooner you get the help you need.