Hibiscus has many other names such as Ketmia, Syrian or Sudanese rose. Hibiscus belongs to the Malvova family and has more than 250 species in the place of its growth, but hibiscus is not only good for its colors and aesthetic appearance. Eat young shoots and leaves of plants that are rich in vitamins. In the pharmaceutical industry, leaves, seeds, fruits and roots are used, and even necklaces are made from seeds. Dark-colored flowers are used to produce black paint, and purple flowers are used in food preparation. Hibiscus is famous for the fact that it is made from excellent tea, which is also called malvovy tea, hibiscus tea, Sudanese rose or hibiscus tea.
In our strip, you can grow hibiscus (Chinese rose) at home, there is also edible hibiscus - a spicy vegetable plant, in another way okra, which grows in the South, but it can be grown in our place in greenhouse conditions. In its natural form, hibiscus can be found in the Caucasus, in the Crimea, in Moldova and Central Asia, in the Kuban, but still the homeland of the hibiscus rightfully belongs to Malaysia. In this tropical country, hibiscus grows in high bushes - botanists call it a little incomprehensible hibiscus sabdariff, although hibiscus is a direct relative of room Chinese rose. Hibiscus is easy to recognize by unusually large flowers with large petals of bright red color and dark purple halo. It has a pronounced flavor. How to grow this flower, read the article "Hibiscus, or Sudanese rose."
What is useful hibiscus?
Cups of hibiscus flowers are used in the production of tea: when the flowers wither, the cups begin to grow and become several times larger, becoming soft, juicy and bright red. After that, they can be used not only for tea, but also for cooking jelly, sauces, stewed fruit, as well as for coloring food and pickles.
- Tea with hibiscus (hibiscus) contains a lot of useful substances. It contains anthocyanins - substances, which contribute to the staining of tea in red and have a pronounced P-vitamin activity and make the blood vessel walls more durable, regulate blood pressure, but it should be borne in mind that when hot, tea increases pressure, and in the cold it decreases.
- Hibiscus also has an antispasmodic and diuretic effect, improves the general condition of the body. Hibiscus contains flavonoids that enhance the effect of anthocyanins and help cleanse the body. Drinking karkade tea removes excess metabolic products from the body, stimulates the production of bile, increases the protection of the liver against negative influences and speeds up metabolism.
- Substances in hibiscus tea can kill some pathogens, and it is often prescribed as an anthelmintic. Citric acid contained in tea has a pleasant taste and it is especially good to use such a drink on hot days to quench your thirst.
- There is no oxalic acid in hibiscus and therefore it can be safely drunk in case of kidney diseases. There are not so many ascorbic karkada, but its effect is enhanced by the presence of flavonoids and anthocyanins. Cups of hibiscus flowers are soaked and are a very valuable product, as they contain a lot of pectin and protein. Pectin is also useful in that it can eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the intestines.
- What else is useful from hibiscus tea?This drink will help to overcome the effects of hangover due to the high content of nutrients. Regular consumption of karkade tea is a good prevention of cancer and does not allow cells with suspicious activity to develop into cancer cells.
- Linoleic acid, which is present in hibiscus, improves the condition of the skin and prevents the occurrence of cholesterol plaques. The diuretic properties of the drink help with edema and problems with the urogenital system, especially for men.
- Karkade tea drink improves immunity and strengthens the general condition of the body. Recommend him to drink and in inflammatory processes, colds and asthenic diseases.
Contraindications to the use of carcade
The limitations that karkade tea has are mainly associated with a high content of organic acids, and in general many acidic drinks are undesirable to drink during gastritis with high acidity, urolithiasis and gallstone diseases, as well as with a stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
How to make karkade tea?
- For the preparation of this drink using petals, roses and podschashki plants. If you brew these parts of hibiscus, the drink is obtained with a pronounced red hue and a sweet-sour taste.
- When you are in a hurry, you can use the usual method of brewing - pour boiling water over the plant parts and wait five minutes, and gourmets can use the more sophisticated method of cooking. Brewing tea in the usual way, boil it for two minutes, but not more, and tea should be brewed in proportions - two tsp. in a glass of water.
- If you like cold tea, wait for it to cool to room temperature, then add a couple of ice cubes.
- There is another way to brew karkade tea, which allows you to save all the useful qualities of this plant. Take the hibiscus petals and cover it with cold boiled water, leave for at least 8 hours and the product will be ready for use.
By the way, tasty jams and jelly are produced from the petals of hibiscus, which will certainly please many sweet-tooths. Also, hibiscus petals are added to oriental sweets and a variety of pastries.
The advantages of hibiscus are far superior to its few flaws, and therefore the drink from this plant is becoming increasingly popular. Enjoy the taste of karkade tea and improve your health with a healthy natural drink!