Nowadays, ultrasound has become a widely used diagnostic tool. One of the indicators of ultrasound of the female reproductive organs is free fluid in the pelvis. Consider its normal and pathological indicators.
Why does fluid accumulate in the pelvic space?
The determination of free fluid in the pelvic cavity can speak both about the rate and about the presence of quite serious pathological processes in the body. So, during the menstrual period, the observation of a certain amount of fluid is considered normal. It changes during the hormonal cycle. During the period of ovulation, free fluid released from a ruptured follicle may accumulate in the abdominal cavity of the abdominal cavity. This phenomenon should not cause any symptoms.
But there are other reasons for the appearance of free fluid in the pelvis:
- Inflammatory diseases caused by infections with enterococci, chlamydia, mycoplasmas, ureaplasmas, trichomonads of the pelvic organs - uterus, ovaries, cervix, fallopian tubes, appendages, pelvic peritoneum.
- Acutely current pathologies in the field of gynecology - ectopic pregnancy, rupture of an ovarian cyst.
- Bleeding with external genital endometriosis.
- Malignant and benign neoplasms of the internal organs of the reproductive and digestive system.
- Failure of the heart or kidney, as well as bleeding into the abdominal cavity.
Since the presence of fluid in itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of some pathological process, the symptoms will correspond to him. It can be:
- pain in the lower abdomen;
- variability of menstrual bleeding;
- the presence of discharge from the genitals;
Since the cause of the appearance of free fluid in the pelvic space can be serious pathologies, we need consultations with a specialist, additional tests and studies, the results of which will be followed by treatment. Therapy can be both in conservative methods and in surgical intervention, and often is complex. It is also possible to use folk remedies.
Drug treatment depends on the disease and its stage. Perhaps the appointment of such drugs as:
- Antibiotics - these medicines are used in the treatment of infections. Their action is aimed at suppressing microbes that caused inflammation in the organs and, as a result, the appearance of free fluid.
- Drugs that can have analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects. They reduce pain, fever.
- Hormonal drugs - they correct menstrual disorders, resist diseases, depending on changes in hormone levels.
- Enzyme means - they help fill the lack of enzymes for the breakdown of proteins, fats, starch, stimulate the functionality of the gastrointestinal tract, improve digestion. Used as an aid.
- Multivitamins - they are prescribed to compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals.
Surgical treatment methods for the appearance of free fluid in the pelvis are applied according to the results of drug therapy. If the latter did not give the proper result, then the operation is planned and preparations are made for it in advance. Necessarily surgery is used in emergency cases and in dangerous conditions, for example, during ectopic pregnancy.
Traditional methods of treating diseases that produce fluid in the pelvic cavity include the following procedures:
- the manufacture and use of infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs;
- steam and water baths;
- washing procedures - douching;
- preparation and use of medical tampons.
Traditional medicine is rich in knowledge of the medicinal properties of herbs. Various effects - from anti-inflammatory to hemostatic and many others, are widely used in the treatment of diseases with this symptom. Often this therapy is used as a supplement to the main course in order to stimulate recovery.
- Enema at home
- What is useful mineral water?
- Thermal water. Properties of thermal water for the face
In conclusion, it should be noted that the identification of free fluid in the pelvic cavity requires mandatory consultation with specialists and additional examinations to determine the pathological process that caused this symptom. With this symptom, you can not leave everything as is. Quite often, the appearance of fluid in the pelvic space corresponds to the precancerous condition. Take care of yourself!