An infectious disease caused by streptococci is called erysipelas, or "erysipelas." This disease got its name from the beautiful word "rose" because of the center of occurrence of a bright red color with puffiness resembling flower petals.
Unfortunately, the disease occurs unexpectedly, affecting not only the skin, but the entire body. Most often, it appears in the thighs and lower legs. Like any disease,erysipelatous leg inflammation requires seeking medical attention and following the prescribed course of treatment.
Symptoms of erysipelas of the leg
- At the initial stage, erysipelatous leg inflammation at the site of occurrence of diseases is characterized by the presence of sudden itching and burning. After this, pain, swelling, fever up to 390C, redness of the affected area.
- A severe form of the disease without proper treatment leads to the development of purulent inflammation, which very often leads to the development of gangrene due to impaired lymph circulation. A bright red “rose” with jagged petals appears on the skin. Petals capture neighboring new areas.
- There are 3 forms of erysipelas of the leg: hemorrhagic, erythematous, characterized by edema and redness, ibulous with serous bladders.
Causes of erysipelas of the feet
The cause of such a dangerous disease as erysipelas of the foot is penetration of pathogenic bacteria streptococcus into the skin through a variety of damage: scratches, abrasions or wounds. Some people do not suffer erysipelas of the feet, but are carriers of streptococci.
The impetus to the disease give concomitant diseases and some factors. These factors include:
exposure to ultraviolet rays, stress, diabetes, scratches, abrasions, scuffs, diaper rash, hypothermia, overheating, bruises, injuries, stress, alcoholism, and varicose disorders, thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers and lymph inflammation.
Sometimes the definition of this disease is difficult because of its similarity with some vascular and infectious diseases: dermatitis, eczema, thrombophlebitis, shingles. The diagnosis itself is based on a visual assessment of the patient's condition. To establish a diagnosis, bacteriological and general blood tests are also prescribed.
Prevention of erysipelas of the feet
- To prevent such an unpleasant disease, such as erysipelas of the foot, it is necessary to protect the body from sudden temperature changes, not to overcool and not to overheat.
- In addition, you needtime to treat infectious diseases sore throat, sinusitis, ulcer.
- It is necessary to eliminate fungal infections and visit the baths and saunas in special shoes.
- Do not wear someone else's shoes, as this disease is contagious.
- Be sure to strengthen the immune system and follow the rules of personal hygiene.
How to treat erysipelas of the feet?
- Erysipelas of the foot usually begins with a rise in temperature, so you have to ask for help from a doctor who can prescribe treatment depending on the severity of the disease. Initially, a course of antibiotic treatment is prescribed for 7 days: penicillin or erythromycin. Also assigned immunomodulators, because the bacterium of hemolytic streptococcus develops on the background of a weakened immunity.
- External treatmentdepends on the nature of the development of the disease. To relieve severe itching, erythema is smeared with camphor alcohol, plantain or Kalanchoe juice. If the pain is severe, add a solution of novocaine 0.5% to the juice of herbs, or in proportion1 to 1 "Dimexide". Cope with pus can be using Vaseline-gauze dressings with "Sokoseril."
- For treatment of recurrent and chronic erysipelas of the foot You can use oil or alcohol solution "Chlorophyllipt". 25 drops of the solution is dissolved in 1 tbsp. l water. Lubricate the skin damage should be within 10 days 3 p. in a day.
- In the treatment of the disease is also highly effective "Rotokan", which has anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It is used as lotion for problem areas of the skin, mixed in half with apple cider vinegar.
Erysipelas of the feet: treatment of folk remedies
- A painful condition for erysipelas can also improve the collection of medicinal herbs, which will reduce itching, relieve swelling, burning and redness. To increase the body's defenses, you can use Eleutherococcus tincture, taking it on an empty stomach in the morning for 30 days, 20 drops each.
- Inflamed place can be lubricatedinfusion of calendula flowers in oil. To prepare it, calendula flowers should be put in a jar and pour vegetable oil so that they are covered completely. Then the jar should be removed in a dark place for 20 days, sometimes shaking. Lubricate the affected area on day 3 r., Removing residues from the ointment applied before.
- Mix in equal parts of the root of the burnet, licorice and calamus, nettle leaves and eucalyptus, dried eggs and yarrow. Then crush the entire collection. Pour 200 ml of boiling water 2 tbsp. l mixing thermos. Then leave it for 3 hours to infuse. Filter, put in the fridge, take 10 days 4 p. a day, 30 ml of warm.
Physical labor, the elderly and women are the most common erysipelas of the feet. It begins almost always in autumn or summer. For the treatment of chronic erysipelas of the foot, it is recommended, in addition to the treatment prescribed by the doctor, to use medicinal herbs., reducing puffiness, able to restore blood microcirculation and impaired lymph circulation.
See also: The list of diseases for which give disability
But do not self-medicate, as this disease is very dangerous. To reduce the risk of its occurrence, observe the necessary preventive measures. Be healthy and take care of yourself!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Yuliya