Dry nose, blood crusts are rather painful symptoms that do not always go away on their own. They can be a sign of a serious illness. To quickly recover, you need to find the causes of these symptoms.
Dryness and blood crusts in the nose: causes and treatment
Symptoms such as dryness in the nasal cavity and the formation of crusts can be caused by several factors. These include:
- the effects of colds;
- allergic reactions;
- frequent cleaning of the nose with fingers;
- sports injury or any damage, including piercing of the nasal septum;
- long stay in dusty rooms;
- sniffing drugs;
- excessive use of nasal sprays and drops;
- infectious and non-infectious inflammatory processes;
- side effects of drugs;
- hit and long stay in the nasal cavity of a foreign object.
All these reasons for the formation of bloody crusts in the nose and dryness require treatment, as they can lead to serious complications. So, the mucous membrane of the nose is subject to bleeding at the beginning of the injury or as a result of the inflammatory syndrome - rhinitis, in other words, a cold. Chronic inflammation or damage to the mucous membranes, allergies to pollen - all this can lead to trauma of the nasal membrane, which will respond with soreness, swelling, cracking and irritation.
All types of dust and low humidity in the room cause drying of the mucous membrane, the formation of cracks. Herpes virus is fraught with open wounds followed by dry and hard crusts and a sensation of broken glass in the nose. Inhalation through the nose of the drug leads to the formation of ulcers in it. With prolonged abuse, the effect of nasal septum perforation appears.
Even vasoconstrictor drugs, such as sprays and drops, damage the mucous membrane and prevent the nose from performing its functions adequately, including in case of partial damage. That is why they should be used according to the instructions for use. And of course, it is necessary to avoid foreign objects getting into the nose, since this can lead to the formation of nasal stones, rhinoliths.
Methods of drug therapy
Therapy in each case will be different. The doctor should prescribe it, and it will depend on the factors of dryness, bleeding and the formation of crusts in the nose. When determining the influence of external influence, it is necessary to try to minimize it. For example, to moisten the room where you rest, setting the indicators for moisture content in the air in the range of 35-45%. You also need to drink more fluid in order to prevent dehydration, which has an effect on the condition of dryness in the nose.
Use protective equipment against dust and smoke when working in dusty or smoky rooms. In case of injuries in the nasal cavity, it is necessary to resist the temptation to tear off the dried crust, whatever discomfort you may feel. Its damage will cause new bleeding and will increase the area of the lesion.
In the case of the appearance of dryness and the formation of blood crusts in the nasal cavity as a result of any pathological condition, only after consultation with the doctor and for his purpose, it is possible to use ointments with a softening and moisturizing effect. Fine effect is given by means on the basis of sea water. They contribute to regenerative processes, prevent the penetration of pathological flora. In some cases, surgical intervention.
It is necessary to urgently consult a doctor if such symptoms are observed:
- joint pain, rash, fever;
- severe bleeding from the nose, which itself cannot be stopped;
- the presence of an unpleasant smell from the nose.
Along with medication, the doctor may also prescribe traditional remedies for moisturizing the mucous membrane to treat dryness in the nose at home:
- Warm drink at night. It is recommended to drink a glass of hot milk or tea before bedtime. Perhaps adding honey.
- Instill 2 drops of grape seed or olive oil into each nostril.
- Freshly pressed aloe juice has anti-inflammatory properties. Swab need to lubricate the nasal cavity.
- Irrigation of the nose with chamomile and calendula infusion, use of a compress in the form of tampons soaked in warm decoction into the nostrils. After 20 minutes, the compress must be completed by treating the nasal cavity with oil from the fruits of sea buckthorn or rosehip.
- Ten-minute inhalations over chamomile or calendula decoctions.
To summarize, we need to remind you of preventive measures in the fight against dry nose, bleeding and the formation of blood crusts. First of all, do not delay the visit to the doctor. Timely wet cleaning, airing the air in the room and maintaining the moisture regime, as well as the rejection of bad habits - the standard norms of a healthy lifestyle. Prevention of nasal injuries, the use of protective equipment in hazardous industries, sound treatment of vasoconstrictor against the common cold, and even the usual use of disposable scarves - all this will be an effective measure to resist pathological conditions in the nasal cavity.