Diet for pancreatic and liver disease is a major aspect in the treatment of these organs. The important point is not only its observance, but also the correct diet. In order not to harm your body, and bring only benefits, you must adhere to clear rules of cooking and the list of recommended products.
Today we would like to talk with you about how to eat properly in acute and chronic pancreatitis, as well as in liver diseases.
Diet for pancreatic and liver disease
Diet for diseases of the liver and pancreas is designed to reduce the burden on these organs. She is appointed during the recovery period after acute pancreatitibo during remission. Such a diet on the nutrient content is fully consistent with the needs of the body.
From the diet removed only those products that require intensive work of the liver, pancreas and stomach. This is mainly fried, smoked dishes, pickles and canned food, spicy seasonings and sauces, as well as sour fruits. With strict adherence to the diet, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is normalized, cholesterol is removed from the body, and bile production improves.
By following the simple rules of dieting, you will not only improve your health without starvation, but also teach your body to a healthy diet. From the point of view of nutrition, the main nuances of the diet for diseases of the liver and pancreas look like this:
- it is necessary to exclude too cold and hot dishes, the food should be warm, liquid or semi-liquid in consistency;
- reduce salt intake to 8-10 g per day, and the first 2-3 weeks food is recommended not to salt at all;
- All food should be boiled or baked without a crust: cooking is allowed for steaming, less often - stewing;
- the energy value of the daily diet should not exceed 2.5 thousand Kcal;
- completely eliminate fresh pastries and bread from the diet;
- vegetables enriched with fiber and stringy meat should be consumed only in shabby form.
Also it is necessary to take into account the fact that doctors forbid food intake in acute pancreatitis for 2-3 days from the onset of the disease. Allowed to drink only a small amount of mineral water. Diet expand with time, gradually introducing new dishes in the diet.
Allowed and prohibited products
It should be remembered that you need to eat 5-6 times a day in small portions, preferably in exactly the allotted time. The daily ration should be based on fats of plant origin and animal proteins. Ideal for such a diet is suitable treatment table number 5.
For diseases of the liver and pancreas such products are allowed:
- The first dishes are cooked in lean without zazharki and rich broth: vegetarian and cereal soups, soups, mashed zucchini, carrots, potatoes.
- As a main course, various milk cereals, boiled vegetables, and cereals are suitable.
- Meat dishes are prepared only from dietary meats: from rabbit, young beef, turkey, skinless chicken. Fish assortment also includes lean fish with a fat content of not more than 5% of the total mass. Ideal pike perch, perch, navaga, cod.
- It is allowed to eat bakery products from flour of the 1st and 2nd grade (yesterday's pastry is obligatory), wafer biscuits.
- Of dairy and dairy products allowed nonfat kefir, milk, ryazhenka.
- All vegetables, except those that are rich in oxalic acids and purines, can be eaten boiled or baked.
- Sweet fresh fruits and fresh juices from them.
For diseases of the liver and pancreas the following products are prohibited:
- fresh pastries and fried dough: pancakes, pancakes, donuts;
- first courses: fatty broth, mushroom, with the addition of hot spices and salted;
- semi-finished products, canned and pickled products;
- fat bird, fish and animal meat;
- dairy products of high fat content: sour cream, cream, mayonnaise;
- vegetables with the content of sorrel acids: radish, spinach, cauliflower, green onions, legumes;
- hot sauces and spices.
Features of the diet in severe forms of disease
In severe forms of the disease, the main goal of nutrition is to restore the health of the pancreas and liver, stimulating the natural production of bile. For such food fit diet table number 5a, the distinctive features of which are as follows:
- reduced intake of fats, even of vegetable origin;
- all dishes are only ground;
- the use of free fluid - 2-2.5 liters per day;
- Eggs are allowed only in the form of protein steam omelets;
- barley, millet, barley, and pasta are excluded from cereals;
- daily diet should not exceed 2.3 thousand Kcal.
How to eat with chronic pathologies?
The chronic form of pancreatitis and liver diseases requires adherence to a very rigid diet, which should normalize the pancreas and prevent the development of fatty hepatosis. It is best to take the therapeutic diet number 5p. Its distinguishing features are:
- refusal of sugar in any form, but a small amount of sugar substitute is allowed;
- reduced consumption of fat and carbohydrates;
- all dishes are prepared only in ground form;
- consumption of dairy products is not recommended;
- the amount of fluid consumed per day is at least 1.5 liters;
- The energy value of products consumed per day should not exceed 1.8 thousand Kcal.
Strict diet and quality control will help your liver and pancreas bounce back. Eat right, exercise, give up bad habits - and the body will thank you. Be healthy!