Cracks in the tongue - a very unpleasant phenomenon of everyday life. Due to uncomfortable feelings, a person begins to feel less confident and calm.
However, it also happens that these cracks do not make themselves felt for quite a long time. This is to be feared. After all, if you see cracks in the language, and they do not give you any discomfort, then everything is still ahead. After a while, there will obviously be sharp pains.
Causes of cracks in the tongue
The causes of such cracks on the organ of taste may be several. These include:
- Lack of minerals and vitamins. The first symptom that indicates this cause is the appearance of a burning sensation in the area of the tongue. It is very likely that you are ill with glossary. This disease develops in the body with a lack of iron and vitamin PP.
- You may have cracks in your tongue due to lack of B vitamins.
- Anemia can trigger the formation and development of cracks in the tongue.
- The specific reaction to toothpaste. Moreover, the paste in this case is intended for the treatment of tartar.
- Side effects and allergic reactions during the course of treatment with certain medications. Not one of us is immune from this. Be attentive to the reactions of your body during treatment!
- Blockage of the ducts of the salivary glands under the tongue and / or the occurrence of infections.
- Ulcers on the tongue. They can be both explicit and hidden.
- Stress, nervous tension. A person can exacerbate the situation himself, nibbling his tongue with agitation and fear, thereby provoking the appearance of lesions on the tongue.
- "Geographical" language. Quite an interesting, painless, but ugly phenomenon. This is the name of the language in which part of the upper layer is erased. Spots appear on the tongue (bare spots of red), and by association with the appearance of the tongue they were given the name "geographical". But geographic language is not as harmless as it seems. It must be eliminated, returned to its former normal state, having undergone a course of medical procedures. After them, the language should be smooth pink. If the treatment is not started in time, this trouble can provoke cancer of the taste organ. Cancer is accompanied by acute pain and tumors of the tongue.
Do not pull with treatment, be sure to contact your doctor on time, as in other cases.
Treatment of cracks in the tongue
It is possible to treat cracks in the tongue by traditional methods and folk remedies.
Traditional treatment will begin with the fact that you make an appointment with the dentist. The doctor will carefully examine the entire tongue, possibly detect ulcers. If not, determine the cause of cracks. If necessary, he will take tests to clarify the diagnosis, after which he will prescribe a treatment for you.
Traditional treatment includes a number of drugs:
- drugs that restore the tone of the autonomic nervous system: motherwort, valerian, etc.
- drugs aimed at improving blood circulation in the body of taste: nicotinic acid, vitamin C, cavinton, etc .;
- painkillers (prescribed if necessary): lidocaine, decain emulsion, etc .;
- physiotherapeutic procedures: electrophoresis, galvanization, novacain ionophoresis, mummy;
- hirudotherapy - treatment with leeches.
In addition to the prescribed course of treatment (the doctor selects the drugs and the duration of the treatment), you should observe a special diet. We will have to abandon those types of products that can irritate the taste buds and the surface of the tongue (tomato juice, fresh oranges, lemons, salty, spicy and sour foods, etc.)
Cracks in the language: traditional medicine
Traditional medicine will be a great addition to traditional treatment.
Folk Medical has accumulated many recipes over the years to reduce the number of cracks in the tongue and help get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Fill with 2 tablespoons of lovage 2 glasses of water. Put on slowfire and heat to boil. We cool this broth, filter and rinse the oral cavity 4 times a day.
- 3-4 pine needles thoroughly rinse and chew. Should reduce pain and cracks.
- Prepare decoction from sage leaves, rinse their mouths.
- Put the seeds of plantain on the cracks and hold for a few minutes.
- On the problem areas of the language it is good to apply a compress from sour cream and cottage cheese. To do this, the ingredients in equal proportions and with a gauze or a bandage, attach to the cracks in the tongue. Leave for a few minutes. It is enough to do this procedure once a day for at least a week.
- Herb clearly cleaned with honey in equal quantities. Apply to cracks on the organ of taste several times a day for 15-20 minutes.
Recipes of traditional medicine will help get rid of cracks in the language as soon as possible. Their effectiveness will increase if you back them up with traditional medical treatment.
Cracks in the tongue is an unpleasant thing, but no matter how small it seems, you still have to worry. You cannot do without a visit to the doctor, because the cracks in the tongue may have arisen not because of stress, but speak of the imminent emergence of more serious diseases. Do not forget about it!