Sometimes people take the health of their hearing organs lightly and start taking measures only in case of severe discomfort, ignoring the ear congestion without pain. To avoid having to overcome complications in the future, you should find out the reasons for this condition and find ways to return the opportunity to enjoy the sounds of the world.
What becomes a barrier to sound?
In addition to swelling caused by a cold, ears can lay without pain for physical reasons:
- pressure drops when flying an airplane, riding in an elevator, riding rides;
- water entering the auditory orifice while swimming or diving;
- rhinosinusopathy due to hormonal disruption during pregnancy (is the norm).
In this case, the person’s well-being will not change, but he will begin to perceive his own voice differently, external sounds will seem muffled, and sudden changes in body position may be accompanied by dizziness and nausea. Far from all causes of ear congestion without pain are harmless. This symptom is not uncommon in:
- deformities of the nasal septum;
- sulfuric plug;
- congenital narrowness of the ear canal;
- hitting an inanimate foreign body;
- circulatory disorders;
- taking certain medications;
- allergic rhinitis;
- Meniere's syndrome and otosclerosis (local metabolic disorders);
- damage to the auditory center of the brain.
If the sound is not perceived in full due to mechanical obstacles - sulfur accumulation, narrowing of the auditory orifice, etc., the additional symptoms will be the same as with water ingress.
More complex problems associated with the spine and central nervous system, increased blood pressure, can provoke:
- noise and tinnitus;
- feeling of heaviness in the head;
- headaches and dizziness.
With Meniere's syndrome and otosclerosis, hearing gradually decreases. An increase in body temperature indicates an inflammatory process in the body. To clarify the diagnosis, you need to visit a doctor and go through:
- examination of the outer ear;
- tympanometry and audiogram;
- X-ray and MRI.
Freedom for the ear canal
The effectiveness of the method of removing painless ear congestion depends on how well the cause is established.
With pressure drops
- Close the nostrils with your fingers and slowly inhale through the nose.
- Take a few swallowing movements or yawns.
- 40 minutes before the flight, as with an allergic rhinitis, an antihistamine can be taken.
When blocking with water
- Lie on its side so that the ear, which has fallen water, was tilted down.
- Pull the earlobe a little and take a few sips of saliva.
- If there is sulfur in the ear, but there is no inflammation, the cork does not press on the eardrum, you can try to remove it yourself.
- 3 days 3-4 times a day, bury 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Fill the syringe with warm boiled water.
- Pull the ear back and up so that the ear canal straightens.
- Direct a small stream of water into the top of the aperture.
- After the tube comes out, blot the passage with a cotton wool turndum.
- A few days after the procedure, bury it in the ear alcohol according to the instructions.
- Lay down a polluted ear on a heat source, such as a heating pad.
- When sulfur dissolves, it will flow out of the ear.
Removing a foreign object
- Pour some warm vegetable oil into your ear.
- You can take a rinse, as with a sulfur tube.
- If the foreign body is vegetable, put alcohol in the ear so that it does not swell.
- If unsuccessful attempts to remove or hit items round shape, an urgent need to consult a doctor.
In order not to lay ears due to osteochondrosis and poor circulation:
- lead an active lifestyle;
- avoid obesity;
- eat in a balanced way;
- exercise (especially useful exercises related to bending, twisting, jogging).
Finding that laid ears for a cold, spend treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs. To put up with a long hearing loss is not worth it. To remove the swelling of the Eustachian tube will help instillation of vasoconstrictor drops in the nose. Remember: these tools can not be used for more than 5 days. Hypertensives will begin to hear better after normalizing blood pressure in a medicamental manner. If hearing loss is a consequence of taking certain medications, you need to replace them with others.
When is medical help needed?
Constant ear congestion, even without pain, is cause for concern. The treatment must correspond to a cause that may be very serious. Perhaps the patient needs surgery or funds that are taken under the supervision of a physician. Do not go without a visit to the clinic if:
- feeling of stuffiness does not go away for a long time;
- body temperature rises;
- hurts and feels dizzy;
- there are any fluids from the ear;
- hearing loss was preceded by injury or severe illness.
When laying ears without pain, it does not mean that there is no threat to health. If this condition is due to natural causes, you need to try to solve this problem yourself. And in case of failure or the emergence of warning signs, destructive changes in the organ of hearing can be avoided only with the help of qualified specialists.