Chicken stomachs have three great advantages - tasty, cheap and easy to prepare. However, many of us are extremely suspicious of such a product, considering the chicken offal to be something inedible. In fact, properly prepared navels - almost delicious and very tasty dish. Let's try together and in more detail to understand the topic: chicken stomachs, the benefits and harms of the product.
Chicken stomachs: calorie and nutritional value
Chicken ventricles or navels are very rich in vitamins and microelements. The byproduct consists of:
- vitamins (A, PP, E, C and group B);
- poly- and monosaturated acids;
- saturated fats.
The energy value of the product - 94 Kcal. The ratio of nutrients per 100 g of product is:
- proteins - 71 Kcal;
- fats - 19 Kcal;
- carbohydrates - 4 Kcal.
Due to the low content of calories, the product is considered dietary.
The benefits and harm of offal
The benefit of this product in the diet of proper nutrition is difficult to overestimate. Chicken stomachs are advised to eat people who are on a diet, as well as young children.
So, what is the benefit of chicken stomachs? Among the special properties of the product emit:
- A large amount of vitamins and trace elements helps maintain the structure of hair and skin;
- fiber helps improve digestion;
- due to the low calorie chicken offal is very valuable as a diet food;
- folic acid, which is part of the chicken navels, stimulates tissue regeneration processes;
- with regular consumption of chicken stomachs promote natural bowel cleansing and the development of normal microflora.
Of course, fresh chicken stomachs have a special value, but even with a slight heat treatment (boiling and stewing) they do not lose their beneficial properties.
Among the disadvantages of chicken ventricles are the following:
- too much cholesterol;
- short shelf life - no more than two days, after which begin to produce toxic substances that are dangerous to the body;
- nutritionists do not recommend eating only this type of by-products.
How to cook the ventricles: recipes with photos
It is worth noting that the chicken ventricles have a very specific taste, but some of them resemble mushrooms. Several of our cooking recipes will help you determine if this is so.
Chicken stomachs stewed in sour cream
In the tradition of Russian cuisine, chicken ventricles are cooked only in sour cream sauce. In this form, they were served on the table to Tsar Peter I. And you tried to prepare this royal dish at home?
- 700 g of offal;
- 2 medium sized bulbs;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- 250 g fat sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. l tomato sauce;
- bay leaf;
- 0.5 liters of broth or warm water;
- sunflower oil.
- To begin, prepare all the necessary ingredients. We clean and wash the chicken stomachs and vegetables.
- After that, fill the navels with cold water and salt.
- Boil on low heat for about an hour.
- Peeled onions cut into half rings large.
- Carrots need to grate on a coarse grater.
- Now in a pre-heated pan, pour a little sunflower oil and fry the onions and carrots until the vegetables are soft (about 5-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, boiled navels need to be washed and cut into pieces.
- When the vegetables are sufficiently fried, add to them pieces of chicken navels and pour water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- After that, add sour cream, tomato paste and continue to simmer.
- Cooking dish 15-30 minutes. As a side dish you can serve rice.
Chicken stomachs fried in batter, a great option beer snack. They are cooked easily and quickly, but they are incredibly tasty and with a crisp crust that so many of us love. Be sure to try, and you will be very pleased.
- 250 g chicken navels;
- ground black pepper;
- 1 egg;
- sunflower oil;
- 4 tbsp. l starch;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- First of all, it is necessary to divide the ventricles in half, cutting the connective muscle. It is also worth removing excess fat and protective film.
- Now thoroughly wash the navels under running water, it is convenient to do this in a colander.
- Next, proceed to the preparation of batter. To do this, mix in a separate bowl, potato starch, flour, a pinch of soda, salt and pepper, beat in an egg and beat all the ingredients thoroughly with a fork.
- In a brazier with high sides and a thick bottom, heat a large amount of sunflower oil.
- Roll off the ventricles in batter and place each separately, so that they do not stick together, in the brazier.
- Fry in boiling oil until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Put the finished ventricles on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- Ventricles need to be served hot, as a supplement you can make a sauce.
And although in recent years chicken stomachs have lost their former popularity, they nevertheless remain a tasty and nutritious product. The high content of healthy fats and vitamins puts chicken ventricles almost on the same level as rabbit meat in calories. Dietitians especially recommend eating this product as food for adolescents, young children and pregnant women.