Thrush is a common bacterial disease of the female genital organs. For its treatment, special antifungal drugs are often used. So, inexpensive and effective candles from thrush have become indispensable helpers for women. Our article will help you decide on the right choice.
Memo to the patient
In the treatment of bacterial vaginosis, special antifungal drugs are used. In the early stages of the detection of the disease, suitable local agents: ointments, gels and suppositories. In severe illness, doctors choose a systematic approach, that is, pills.
It is important to remember that those and other means can never be taken without a doctor's prescription, even if many of them are sold in a pharmacy without a prescription. For example, some inexpensive candles from thrush are categorically contraindicated during pregnancy at different periods. Uncontrolled medication can aggravate the disease and cause serious complications in the fetus.
During treatment of thrush, medication and therapeutic procedures are recommended for both partners at once, since men are often carriers of this infection. The doctor usually gives the patient a small memorandum, which states that the following actions are necessary:
- sexual intercourse can be entered only in a condom or completely refuse physical intimacy;
- It is recommended to wear only cotton, linen and other underwear made from natural fabrics and materials;
- it is necessary to strictly observe the rules of intimate hygiene;
- do not use flavored products: gaskets, liquids for intimate places, spermicides, toilet paper;
- do not use tampons;
- need daily change of bed linen and towels.
Compliance with these simple measures will get rid of unpleasant symptoms and cure the disease much faster.
Review of the best low-cost drugs
Fortunately, those distant times have sunk into oblivion, when on the shelves of pharmacies the choice consisted of only two or three drugs. Today, the development of pharmaceuticals has led to the fact that every woman can completely get rid of candida without serious damage to her budget.
Inexpensive candles from thrush differ in their composition, active ingredients and treatment time. In addition, each drug has side effects and contraindications. Therefore, we draw your attention to the fact that the list below is presented for review, and only a gynecologist can prescribe this or that tool.
These are candles with active ingredients such as sertaconazole, imidazole, and benzothiophene. They are produced in a small package with instructions for use and one 300 mg candle in the kit. At therapeutic doses, suppositories suspend the vital activity and further reproduction of bacterial microorganisms, the growth of fungal infection, relieve irritation and itching.
Contraindications to the drug are as follows:
- individual intolerance of the individual components that make up the drug;
- Reception during pregnancy and lactation is possible only when the risk of complications in the fetus is lower than the potential threat to the health of the mother.
Synthetic candles with a wide spectrum of action and an active substance based on intraconazole. Their principle of action is aimed at the destruction of one of the components of the cell membrane of fungal bacteria and yeast. The drug is very effective during recurrent candidiasis, but is contraindicated in pregnancy.
In some cases, while taking the medication may be minor adverse reactions:
- burning and itching;
- small redness around the genitals.
These negative reactions of the body are often not a reason to discontinue the drug.
"Povidone - Yoda"
The drug is a dark brown cone-shaped suppositories with a characteristic odor of iodine. These candles have not only a wide spectrum of action, killing most types of fungal and yeast bacteria, but also an impressive list of contraindications. These include:
- hypersensitivity to the components;
- thyroid adenoma;
- renal failure.
Despite this, the tool has a huge plus: unlike analogs, “Povidone-Yoda” can be taken during menstruation.
Among other less popular, but effective inexpensive candles for the treatment of thrush, it is worth noting:
All of them can make each other worthy of competition and have many advantages, but are also prohibited for self-treatment.
What do the doctor's say?
On inexpensive and effective candles from thrush can be heard a variety of reviews. Of course, in many respects everything will depend not only on the drug, but also on the individual characteristics of the organism, the stage of detection of the disease and the response to treatment.
Doctors distinguish such advantages of local therapy:
- as fast as possible achievement of positive effects;
- rapid destruction of bacteria;
- possibility of single use;
- availability of drugs;
- the possibility of adverse reactions is minimal.
Disadvantages of treating thrush with candles:
- some inconvenience for women in the form of soiled underwear, restrictions in the choice of hygiene products and the rejection of sexual contact;
- the use of drugs will have the desired effect only in milder forms of candidiasis;
- after using the combined means may appear dysbacteriosis of the vaginal microflora.
Candles from thrush are the most convenient way to treat yeast and fungal infections in the early stages. Ease of use and availability of drugs put the method of local therapy to the fore. But despite all the positive moments, it is not worthwhile to give preference to one or another drug based only on the conclusions of this article. All appointments and the choice of medications should be made only by the attending physician.