Pain and a burning sensation in the chest can be a sure sign of the development of certain health problems. Most often, these symptoms cause severe bouts of fear in the patient, as there is an association with problems in the work of the cardiovascular system. That is why it will be necessary to become more familiar with the causes that can provoke pain and burning in the chest.
Sternum pain: what could be the reason?
Sternum pain can manifest for a variety of reasons, the most common are the following:
- Myocardial infarction is characterized by the appearance of a rather severe pain in the chest, which has a burning and tearing character, is quite intense. Remove pain attacks can not even analgesics. In some cases, patients begin to complain about the appearance of unpleasant cola feelings in the chest, gravity and compression of the hoop. The disease begins with an acute and sudden attack, most often at night.
- The pain is manifested by a wave-like character, while with each attack it becomes more intense. The duration of an attack of pain on average lasts about half an hour and can reach several hours. In the event that the patient does not receive qualified medical care in time, there is a risk of death.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In the case of the development of diseases of this type (for example, diseases of the stomach, esophagus, duodenum), quite severe pain begins to bother, having a bursting character and a direct connection with each meal, and dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract is also manifested.
- Angina pectoris With the development of this disease manifests a pronounced pain, which is most often associated with physical and emotional stress. Among the main distinguishing characteristics of pain of this type is quite a strong feeling of bursting, gravity and pressure in the chest, can give to the shoulder, left shoulder blade, ring finger and little finger on the left hand, jaw, and upper abdomen.
- Most often, bouts of soreness with this disease last from 1 to 15 minutes. The pain begins with an acute attack, which occurs abruptly and unexpectedly. Soreness can manifest itself on the background of physical and psychoemotional stress, or manifest itself as a reaction to overeating or extreme cold. Removing an attack of pain can help taking nitroglycerin.
- Lung disease. In this case, unexpectedly sharp and severe pain appears. Soreness can occur even with little physical exertion. Most often, the localization of pain has a direct connection with the onset of the pathological process in the lungs.
- Among the most dangerous symptoms is the appearance of a rather severe pain in the chest, which gradually increases and with each inhale becomes more and more pronounced. Because of this, the development of closed pneumatocor can occur, which is manifested by severe bouts of pain in the chest, there is a weakening of breathing, there is a likelihood of respiratory failure. If the patient does not receive medical care on time, there is a risk of death.
- Osteochondrosis intercostal neuralgia. With the development of these diseases, there is the emergence of severe pain, having piercing character, while their intensity will directly depend on physical stress. At the height of a sigh, pain increases.
Regardless of what exactly the cause could have caused the pain in the sternum, it is necessary to seek help from a doctor as soon as possible and undergo a full medical examination to rule out the onset of the development of serious diseases. After the examination, the specialist will be able to prescribe adequate treatment.
Sternum burning in the middle: causes
Most often, the main causes of a burning sensation in the sternum in the middle are directly related to diseases of the cardiovascular system. Also, this phenomenon can be triggered by the onset of development of certain pathological problems in the bronchi, large vessels, pleura, as well as defects in the diaphragm and malaise of the organs located in the abdominal cavity (reflux esophagitis, hernia of the alimentary orifice, duodenal ulcer and stomach).
There are cases when a burning sensation in the chest appears with a cold, which may be the result of negative effects on the heart of toxins, microbes, be a symptom of the onset of rheumatism. These signs are inherent in the onset of myocarditis. Only an experienced rheumatologist or cardiologist can make an accurate diagnosis. In this case, you must pass a medical examination - ultrasound, ECG, blood biochemistry.
Quite often, there are severe pains in the chest in the middle after emotional experiences or stress. First of all, these phenomena will be directly related to the onset of depression or the onset of development of vegetative-vascular dystonia. In this case, it will be necessary to undergo an examination, and if necessary, to begin treatment, with a psychologist or a neuropsychiatrist. In the most severe cases, a neurologist may be required.
If pain occurs directly during breathing, turning or bending of the body, then these symptoms may be signs of the onset of scoliosis, myositis, or neuralgia. In this case, the immediate assistance of a specialist will be required. Remember, the sooner the patient goes to the doctor, the easier it will be to undergo treatment.
Increasingly, there are cases when a feeling of discomfort in the chest arises because a person has swallowed an overly large and hard piece of food. A burning sensation may appear almost immediately after a meal. First of all it refers to spicy, spicy and very fatty food, which is consumed in large quantities. Such symptoms may begin to manifest developing duodenal ulcer and stomach, and they may indicate gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis. In this case, the patient should seek help from a gastroenterologist, especially if over time the symptoms do not go away, but only worsen.-
Regardless of the reasons that could cause a burning sensation in the sternum, if this phenomenon is constantly worried, you should seek medical help as soon as possible. If you do not know which specialist you need to contact, first make an appointment with the therapist who will write out a referral for further examination.
Why does a burning sensation appear in the sternum on the left?
Burning in the left chest can appear for several reasons, including the following - valve insufficiency, myocarditis, myocardial infarction, angina, heart defects, etc.
With the development of stenocardia, a rather strong burning sensation, like with heartburn, begins to disturb, and one cannot get rid of it with a simple soda solution. Removing an attack helps to receive nitroglycerin. Due to this phenomenon, the doctor will be able to distinguish the development of this pathology from various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The patient has a feeling that he starts to bake inside the chest, namely from the left side. This is due to the fact that the natural flow of blood to the heart is disturbed. The main reason for the development of this pathology is the onset of cholesterol or blood clots in the vessels in the coronary artery.
As a result of the deposition of cholesterol on the walls of the vessel, a gradual process of slowing down the blood supply to the heart begins. In the event that cholesterol closes the lumen of the vessel, the patient begins to experience a rather strong burning sensation directly under the rib cage, with pain. The patient himself begins to feel a strong fear for his own life.
From the left, a burning sensation in the sternum may also appear due to myocarditis. This is an inflammatory heart disease. With its development, there is a strong burning sensation in the chest, namely from the left side, especially when there is a large amount of damage.
Due to the insufficiency of the valves, as well as the development of heart defects, there is a strong increase in stress on the heart muscle. As a result of the blood overload of the heart, the strongly dilated chambers of the heart begin to gradually shift the esophagus. As a result, after each meal, the patient may begin to experience burning sensation.
A burning sensation in the chest, even if it is not pronounced, but appears regularly, should be a prerequisite for compulsory visits to the doctor. Do not delay diagnosis! Timely detection of the disease will allow it to cure completely or stop unpleasant symptoms.