With such a problem, as the blood from the nose surely faced every person. Sometimes, it can go because of the usual overwork, in other cases it indicates serious diseases. Not many people give serious importance to such a problem, but it’s still worth thinking about, especially if the blood from the nose bothers you often enough.
Why is it bleeding from the nose?
There are enough reasons for bleeding from the nose. These include the following:
- Injuries to the nose resulting from physical impact on him (blows, fractures, bruises, etc.). Due to damage to the bones, cartilage, paranasal sinuses and other nasal structures, bleeding from the nose begins, which is quite reasonable. In this case, the victim should immediately contact the surgeon to exclude a fracture, displacement or other damage to the nose and paranasal sinuses.
- Diseases of the nose (sinusitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, sphenoiditis, frontal sinusitis, etc.). In this case, the bleeding is mild and more like blood clots accompanied by their mucous masses. If nasal bleeding is accompanied by headaches, fever and runny nose, you should talk about sinusitis.
- Side effects from some medications. This is due to irritation of the sinuses mucous membranes caused by various sprays. Usually, nosebleeds are caused by drugs containing antiallergic or corticosteroid components. In addition, blood from the nose is typical for people who have been taking medication to prevent blood clotting for a long time.
- Various blood diseases (leukemia, aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura, etc.). Especially if you are worried about not only the blood from the nose, but also bleeding gums, hemorrhages from the uterus, the occurrence of bruises, etc.
- Hung pressure. In this case, the patient is tormented by sudden bleeding occurring against the background of noise in the head and ears, nausea and dizziness. At risk of hypertension, people with cardiovascular diseases and kidney disease.
- Long inhalation of too cold or dry air. Bleeding in this case can occur in absolutely healthy people. Cold or dry air provokes the drying of the mucous membrane and the destruction of small vessels. Performance does not decrease.
- Solar or heat stroke. People who have overheated in the sun, in a solarium, a bath, or a sauna, can have nosebleeds. In this case, the patient may feel dizziness, nausea, weakness, blurred eyes, tinnitus, etc. Often, when overheating, a person faints.
- Malignant or benign tumors of the nose can also lead to nasal bleeding. You should visit the doctor if you notice painful sores or swelling, a change in the shape of the nose, the appearance of translucent bleeding from the nasal sinuses, etc. One of these tumors are polyps in the nose. Polyps - is the growth of the mucous membrane, not allowing the nose to function normally. These processes prevent inhaling and exhaling air, create pressure on the vessels.
Blood from the nose during pregnancy: causes
Often, pregnant women observe blood from their nose and get scared. During the carrying of the baby, the body works for two: the cardiovascular system increases blood flow due to an increase in hormones. Such a load does not pass without a trace: the mucous membrane becomes very thin and fragile. During pregnancy, nosebleeds occur unexpectedly.
Sometimes, nosebleeds during pregnancy can talk about serious illnesses. For example, if, in addition to the blood from the nose, flies run around in front of your eyes, you often feel dizzy, you faint - this is an occasion to see a doctor and get tested. Usually, such symptoms speak of high blood pressure, which can be dangerous not only for the expectant mother, but also for the child.
In addition, bleeding from the nose can torment a pregnant due to anemia. In this case, a woman needs to enrich her diet with foods rich in iron or start taking vitamins.
How to give first aid for nosebleeds?
The first thing the patient needs to plant and tilt his head to his chest. So the blood does not get into the respiratory tract and does not provoke vomiting. Never throw the patient's head back!
Open the windows in the room - it is necessary that the patient received the necessary amount of fresh air. To stop the bleeding, it is advised to apply something cold to the nose (a container with ice, chilled meat, a bottle of ice water, etc.). If the bleeding does not stop, tightly squeeze the nasal septum and nostril for 5 - 10 min.-
In case of nosebleeds associated with a nose injury, you should immediately consult a doctor. To relieve pain syndrome, you can attach something cold to your nose.
When nothing helps to stop the blood, the use of vasoconstrictor drops (Naphthyzin, Nasol, Sanorin, etc.) is allowed. To do this, a tampon or bandage is moistened with drops and injected into the nasal cavity.
If the blood from the nose goes with a cold, for example, against the background of rhinitis, a tampon is smeared with vaseline injected into the nasal sinus. Vaseline has a softening effect on the crusts in the nose and helps to stop the bleeding.
In the case of bleeding due to heat or sunstroke, the victim must be moved to a cooler or shaded place. On the area of the nose, hands, neck and armpits is to put a cloth dipped in cold water.
If the bleeding has become frequent, it is necessary to be examined by an immunologist, a hematologist, an ENT patient, a therapist, an oncologist, a neurologist and an endocrinologist. Based on the tests and results, it will be possible to find the cause of the bleeding.
Epistaxis is not uncommon. It can take any person by surprise in the most unexpected place. Often in healthy people bleeding begins on the background of overwork, but in some cases it may indicate a more serious illness. In any case, if the bleeding is a one-time, do not worry, while frequent need careful examination and treatment.