In addition to traditional medicine, Aralia high in the entire history of mankind has been widely used in aromatherapy, and in cooking, and even in magic. There was a belief in antiquity that the Devil himself purposely grows Aralia in the woods in order to drive away the gainers of the healing ginseng, throwing the "devil-tree" under their hands. The plant has received a bad reputation for a lot of thorns, which hurt badly if an aralia is inadvertently grasped. Today, the plant has more positive reviews, it used for colds, gastrointestinal and many other diseases.
Help - Aralia High
Aralia high is a shrub or small tree from the Araliaceae family, reaching a height of no more than 7 meters. The trunk of the aralia is straight, its thickness can vary from 12 to 20 cm in diameter. Each stem of a plant, as a rule, is triple, or branched near the top into several short spreading branches. The bark has a dirty-brown color, it is rather densely covered with spines. The leaves of Aralia high are closely gathered closer to the top, they grow on rather long petioles and have large sizes: up to 80 cm in length.
The veins of the leaves are covered with bristly hairs. Aralia flowers grow large inflorescences, panicles - up to 60 cm in diameter, which, in turn, are collected by umbrellas on the tops of the trunks. The flowers are bisexual, small in size - up to 2.2 cm in diameter. The color is white with a yellowish tinge. The fruits of aralia are small drupes, with a diameter of not more than 6 mm. Flowering time: August. Aralia fruits high in September.
Where to look for aralia high?
The homeland of Aralia is high and the place of greatest distribution is Japan and China. In Russia, the plant can be found in the Amur and Primorsky Territories, as well as on Sakhalin and the Kuriles. Aralia grows in small groups in cedar, deciduous and mixed forests, loves the sun, so it is easy to find it in glades and forest edges, as well as in elevations 500-700 m above sea level.
Features of the collection of aralia high
- As a medicinal raw material of Aralia high, it is customary to use almost all parts of the plant, namely, rhizomes, bark, leaves and fruits. The roots of the plant should be harvested either in the fall, from the beginning of September to the end of October, or in the spring, before the leaves bloom. To dig up the roots should be very careful, choosing only those whose thickness is 10-30 mm and leaving about half of each rhizome intact.
- After the roots have been dug out, they need to be shaken off the ground, rid of small roots and other impurities, and also remove the blackened or rotting roots. Next, they must be washed with running water, with what should be done very quickly, so that the roots are not soaked with moisture. In conclusion, each root must be cut into segments of 10–20 cm, and the thickest ones must be cut lengthwise. The roots prepared in this way must be dried in an oven heated to 60-65 degrees. Such raw materials have a slightly astringent and slightly bitter taste, and the smell is quite pleasant.
- The bark of aralia high should be collected at the same time as the roots, the leaves - before and after the flowering of the plant, the fruits - as they mature. Before drying, the bark should be prepared in the same way as the roots; the leaves and fruits should be simply washed quickly with running water before drying. And the bark and fruit. And the leaves of Aralia high dried in the oven at 50 degrees. Store any raw material of aralia in a moisture-proof, indoors with good ventilation. The shelf life of any raw material of high aralia is up to 2 years.
Contraindications: increased nervous excitability, sleep disorders, hypertension, hyperkinesis and epilepsy.
Side effects of aralia high
There are quite a few side effects of Aralia drugs, so before you start treatment with them, you should definitely consult with your doctor!
Recipes for treatment of aralia high
The old recipe to strengthen the body
15 tablespoons of dry, shredded Aralia high roots, pour 1.8 liters of water and boil on low heat until the volume is halved. Then it is necessary to cool the resulting broth, strain, squeeze out the raw materials and drink for 2-3 days, dividing it into equal portions (3 doses per day).
Alcohol tincture of Aralia high
2 tablespoons of dried, crushed Aralia high roots, pour 0.5 cups of 70% alcohol, leave for 2 weeks in a warm place, periodically shaking the tincture. After the specified period, filter and wring out the raw material.
The use of tincture of aralia
- To improve the cardiovascular system, as well as for the treatment of bed-wetting the urine tincture should be consumed 15-20 drops 2-3 times before lunch.
- When exhaustion of the body, as well as neuroses associated with menopause, add 15-20 drops of tincture to morning and lunch tea. The course of treatment is 1 month.
- For the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, as well as impotence, you should drink 30-40 drops of this tincture 2 times every day during the month before lunch.
- For the treatment of psoriasis, you need to drink 15-20 drops of tincture before breakfast and lunch. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Aralia high in cooking
In Korean and Chinese cuisines, the roots of Aralia high are added to tonic drinks, the young leaves of the plant in these countries are eaten fried or boiled.
Salad from young sprouts of aralia high
- 500 g of young dense sprouts of aralia high rinse thoroughly. Slice 2/3 of the bottom and lightly blanch in salted boiled water. Next, fill the blanched shoots with cold water and leave it for 1 hour, then squeeze them.
- 300 g of beef finely chopped, add to them 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves of chopped garlic and 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Mix all the listed ingredients thoroughly, leave for 30 minutes and then fry well. To the blanched Aralia shoots add 30 g of soy paste, mixed with ground red pepper, 2 teaspoons of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar, mix everything thoroughly again.
- Then add the roasted meat mixture to this mixture and mix thoroughly again. Put the whole dish in 1 large plate. The remaining shoots of Aralia mix with seasonings, arrange beautifully on a dish, sprinkle with ground pepper, ground sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Enjoy your meal!