Acne or acne is a skin condition. Since ancient times, the fight against this disease has been fought, and various means have been invented and improved. Acne can occur in people of different age categories and in the most unexpected places. For example, many have acne on the head in the hair.
This disease brings many unpleasant sensations and does not look very attractive, thus causing physical and psychological discomfort.
Signs of acne on the head in the hair
Before the appearance of acne on the head in the hair, the person feels itchy. After a couple of days, reddish formations appear, rising above the skin. Their size can reach 1 cm. A person feels tightness and irritation of the skin. Touching the affected places is painful. Next, the neoplasms ripen and fill with pus, and after 2-3 days purulent acne on the head in the hair burst, resulting in their contents. Sometimes the process of ripening acne is not accompanied by pus.
The rash of acne on the head can be local (single acne) or diffuse (groups of inflamed mass). Most often acne appears in such places:
- on the back of the head;
- in the temporal region;
- in the border areas of the neck - hair, forehead - hair;
- in the hair parting.
The occurrence of purulent pimple in the lower layers of the skin can lead to hair loss and scarring. Acne, which appeared without the inflammatory process in blocking the sebaceous ducts, refer to the type of comedones. Such tumors are eliminated cosmetologically. Their appearance does not bring pain and is not accompanied by itching. Purulent red acne is referred to as an inflammatory rash.
Causes and possible diseases
It is believed that the cause of acne on the head is a dubious quality shampoo. Try changing your shampoo to another one, and if the result is positive, then the problem was hygienic. If no changes have occurred, then the causes of this disease can be not only disturbances in the activity of individual organs, but also malfunctions in the functioning of the body systems as a whole, namely:
- malfunctions in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- hormonal abnormalities;
- nervous breakdown;
- weakened immunity;
- slow metabolism;
- hit of microbes in the damaged integuments of the head.
Also, the cause of pimples on the head may be disruption of the sebaceous glands. They do not cope with the withdrawal of excess fat that accumulates under the skin of the head. This leads to clogging of the pores and the inflammatory process. As a result - white purulent acne.
The appearance of tumors associated with inflammation of hair follicles is called folliculitis. Most often, such acne is formed in the hair on the frontal part, their pathogens are microorganisms of fungal origin and bacteria.
The appearance of acne in the hair of women indicates a malfunction of such organs:
- ovarian - ovulation irregularity or lack of it, overestimated estrogen secretion;
- adrenal glands.
Acne can also appear during pregnancy.
The reasons for the appearance of acne under the hair on the head of young children can be quite a few, among them allergic to medicinal and hygiene products, products that surround things. Acne can also be a symptom of chickenpox.
Formation of acne in adolescents occurs during puberty or hormonal disruptions.
Acne on the head in the hair of men appear at elevated levels of the hormone testosterone. Another cause of this disease may be wearing synthetic headgear, which increases sweating and prevents airing of the head. Non-use of hats in the winter and hats in hot weather leads to the same results.
To cure acne, use both traditional methods and time-tested folk remedies.
To determine the exact cause of acne on the head, you need to visit a dermatologist and get tested. The doctor will prescribe the necessary procedures. To combat single tumors, local treatment can be applied, in more severe cases, a complex of measures is prescribed.
Used drugs for complex treatment:
- antibiotic and antifungal agents;
- drugs that normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract and support microflora - Linex, Lactobacterin;
- absorbent drugs - Enterosgel, Polysorb, Carbosorb;
- hormonal agents for women;
- sedatives - Glycine, Afobazol, Persen.
Medications for local treatment:
- antibacterial ointments and creams;
- antibiotic ointments - tetracycline, erythromycin;
- alcohol for the treatment of acne and the healing of ulcers - camphor, ant;
- antiseptic tar soap and shampoo, used to reduce fatty secretions on the scalp;
- UV treatments, cold treatment.
The main condition in the fight against acne on the head - they can not push. If an infection gets into open wounds, it will only increase the lesions.
Treatment of folk remedies
If you do not want to contact specialists, you can try to get rid of this problem yourself:
- Tea tree oil, added to regular shampoo for washing the head, will improve the functioning of the sebaceous glands, and the result will not take long.
- Apple cider vinegar, mixed in the same proportion with water, is applied to the skin of the head and kept for 15 minutes. Then it is washed off with warm water. It turns out the effect of burning acne.
- Honey mask with cinnamon (5: 1 ratio), applied to the head and aged for about half an hour, will enrich the skin with vitamins and improve blood circulation. This will speed up the healing process.
To avoid the appearance of acne on the head, take preventive measures according to the recommendations described, and then this trouble will not befall you.